Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Aldi and Lidl Bargains

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Aldi and Lidl Bargains Empty Aldi and Lidl Bargains

Post by Tow Itch Tue 23 Jun 2015, 4:04 pm

In previous years Aldi and Lidl have had multiple camping related special offers.
    Chemical toilets, 12V coldboxes, LED lights and not forgetting the hitch lock I made comment of the other day.

This years offerings look a bit "thin" no hitch lock this year. Aldi's offer on Thursday does list the 12V coolbox which is excellent though.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think it was Lidl that did the chemical loo in the past.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Aldi and Lidl Bargains Empty Re: Aldi and Lidl Bargains

Post by Tow Itch Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:08 pm

From last Sunday Aldi has been selling pop riveting tools and multi packs of duct tape.
    Both are Dandy toolbox essentials: If it should move and doesn't WD40 if it does move and shouldn't duct tape or tie-wraps.
    The pop riveter is an especially essential Dandy tool. Though if you are fitting stainless rivets or fitting a lot of rivets a lazy tong riveting tool is far better to use.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  

From next Sunday they have socket testers which are a great way perform a basic test on any Dandy you buy and will cover you on campsites against the possibility of reverse polarity on hook ups.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] On reflection this product does cover you against reverse polarity but if you are not best bright on electrics I'd get any "wired up" Dandy checked over most wiring that I have seen is done poorly.

Lidl
    From Monday the 6th Lidl have been offering a solar charging battery pack for phones etc. Not personally capable of verifying the performance of this against other similar products. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From tomorrow (9th) Lidl's version of the 12V cool box. N.B. This is only a 12V coolbox not a 12V and mains coolbox as sold in previous years. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  

The laundry special buy on the 13th collapsible crates that many campers find useful.  http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=25063  Blast the curse of non linking links strikes again try [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 12:35 pm