Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

All Lit Up

rabbitlover
    rabbitlover

All Lit Up Empty All Lit Up

Post by rabbitlover Mon 13 Jul 2015, 8:51 pm

A picture of our Dandy with it's new lights at Devizes C&CC site. I say new we got them for Christmas and kept forgetting them however they look good now we're finally organised
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Sanjo

All Lit Up Empty Re: All Lit Up

Post by Sanjo Tue 14 Jul 2015, 3:55 pm

Very pretty. You'd find your tent on the dark walk back from the loo!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 15 Jul 2015, 9:01 am

Sanjo wrote:Very pretty. You'd find your tent on the dark walk back from the loo!

I love lights as some may have spotted from previous posts. Be it mains lights solar powered fairy lights or the rather clever battery operated and timed lights that you now see for sale.

Some years ago I was camped at a very large event and came back well after dark and lost the location of my tent. It took a good few minutes to find fortunately I was being given a lift and so could cover ground quite quickly. First thing in the morning a set of solar powered lights went up in time to soak up some rays.  Nowadays I try to fire up the 12hrs on 12hrs off battery lights just after dusk on the first nights camp.
    I'm just a stupid soft lump who loves lights but they can serve a very useful purpose much as the various devices on the end large poles do during the day.

Anyone who has not camped on a featureless festival or event site of 50 acres or more might wonder how I could get so disorientated. Those who know me might well assume alcohol, well no not in this case. Large sites without lighting can make it very difficult to recognise your daytime reference points.
    Well that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The second photograph is copyright of Mike from our 1st Christmas camp.

Lets give it large for the lights.
    Sanjo

Post by Sanjo Fri 17 Jul 2015, 6:37 pm

We've just come back from Charity Farm in Wigan Tow Itch and the first trip down to the toilet I got lost on the way back and there were hardly any units on site.
    I'm normally a bit paranoid (when I go to Tesco I make a note of where the car is left as I worry about not being able to find the car in a humungous car park!) and I can only assume it was exhaustion having just put the Dandy up in pouring rain for the first time in 11 years. We were soaked through and when we finally sat down we just looked at each other and roared. We looked like drowned rats.
    It was such a short journey to the toilet block too but I was completely disorientated when I came out. I think it's probably because I walked down there with the other half so wasn't paying attention.

I think solar lights outside are a brilliant idea

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 06 May 2024, 3:24 pm