Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Finally persuaded my wife to get a dandy!

Whitstabledavid
    Whitstabledavid

Finally persuaded my wife to get a dandy! Empty Finally persuaded my wife to get a dandy!

Post by Whitstabledavid Tue 20 Oct 2015, 1:29 pm

Hi everyone, me and my family are now the proud owners of a 1991 Discovery. We have used it almost every weekend since we got it, although it is now getting a bit cold.

My parents had a brown dandy 4 when I was a child and I have some amazing memories of holidays which I hope I can pass on to my children.

navver

Finally persuaded my wife to get a dandy! Empty Re: Finally persuaded my wife to get a dandy!

Post by navver Tue 20 Oct 2015, 8:37 pm

Well done and welcome to the forum and back to the world of PVC. The discovery is arguably the best layout of all for space and storage and usability within a small unit. Much better than the designer I think.

Any trips planned this year?
    Whitstabledavid
    Whitstabledavid

Finally persuaded my wife to get a dandy! Empty Re: Finally persuaded my wife to get a dandy!

Post by Whitstabledavid Wed 21 Oct 2015, 8:47 pm

Your right about the space, my parents couldn't believe how spacious and light it was compared to their old 4.

We are hoping to get away for a day or 2 next week if the weather is ok.

Our winter projects are adapting a Royal Kensington awning to fit a bit better, recovering the cushions, new curtains and some 12v electrics. So lots to do.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 04 Dec 2015, 3:25 pm

Sorry to be late commenting.
    Getting a bit late in the year, bah humbug. A gas lantern or a Tilly lamp takes the chill off.
    Photos? Could we have some photos please we love photos here.
    mummyme5

Post by mummyme5 Sat 05 Dec 2015, 5:18 pm

Hello, we are new to Dandy but bought a Brown Dandy Delta we think. It has underfloor heating electric hook up and the original awning which we haven't looked at yet. It's got a couple of places which has duck tape on and one of the gas struts is broken other than that we think it's a little jemmy. Can't wait to use it.what I would like to know is how can we cover the very small holes very low Down on front right wall? And what do you clean them with.?
    navver

Post by navver Sat 05 Dec 2015, 7:39 pm

Hi Mummy and welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you got a dandy and are pleased with it.

When you say very small holes very low down on front right wall what exactly do you mean. Is it holes in the PVC or in the wooden wall or in the trailer body.

I've not heard of anyone cleaning holes before. Do you mean the PVC. If so try CIF crème cleaner. Put some on a damp cloth and rub in circular motion. then wipe off with a damp cloth. Finally polish it with Mr Sheen silicon polish. If its really dirty it can take a bit of elbow grease but it is well worth the effort as they come up like new.

Ian at Riva Leisure sells Dandy Sparkle. I'm not sure what it is or how good it is.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Sun 06 Dec 2015, 11:11 pm

Hi and welcome mummyme5.

For stubborn marks you can also use a solvent cleaner like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I'm not sure that frequent use would be good for the PVC but occasional heavy cleans with it never caused any problems with the Dandys I have owned.

For regular cleaning the CIF is about the best.

For small holes I'd suggest [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on one or both sides of the PVC. It's available in various guises and colours as patches or larger rolls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 12:33 pm