Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Designer for sale

navver

Designer for sale Empty Designer for sale

Post by navver Thu 21 Jan 2016, 10:20 pm

We have decided to sell the dandy after 3 years.
    It's a 2005 dark blue Designer in good condition which we bought from Ian at Riva.

This has a 2 seater dinette and table which converts to a single bed. Storage under each seat.
    Two double beds, one fixed and one converts to comfortable settee.
    Kitchen unit with 2 ring cooker and grille, sink and drainer with tap and pump.  
    Storage lockers below kitchen
    Cutlery tray

Extras are:
    Gas strut beds
    Dandy PVC sun canopy
    Underbed skirt
    Shelf with light
    240v and 12v electrics. 12volt runs from power supply unit off mains or from grey plug from car. A battery could be fitted in the front locker if required, but we don't have one.
    3 way chest fridge. There is a lift out section of the cushion to allow it to sit next to the kitchen. Can be filled at home and plugged into the car for the journey.
    Removable carpet with wood block effect flooring
    Brand new unused spare wheel and tyre
    Roof lining
    Porta-potti
    Quest 800watt electric heater
    2 camping gas cylinders and regulator.
    Mains hook up leads.

It doesn't have an awning, but TVS can easily convert the sun canopy into one. The sun canopy has the same steel frame as a full awning and the canopy is white PVC. This would make a very good and flexible awning arrangement.

PM me if you are interested or post any questions. I will try to post some photos if I can.

Located near Bristol

Last edited by navver on Fri 22 Jan 2016, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    navver

Designer for sale Empty Re: Designer for sale

Post by navver Fri 22 Jan 2016, 2:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by navver on Fri 22 Jan 2016, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    navver

Post by navver Fri 22 Jan 2016, 2:30 pm

Last edited by navver on Fri 22 Jan 2016, 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    navver

Post by navver Fri 22 Jan 2016, 2:34 pm

peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Sun 24 Jan 2016, 9:39 am

What a beaut!

And, by Dandy standards, barely broken-in.

Are you moving on to something else navver?
    navver

Post by navver Sun 24 Jan 2016, 2:35 pm

Yes her ladyship has decide she wants a caravan. So we've spent £14,000 on a brand new bailey Pursuit 400-2 which we bought from Chipping Sodbury Caravans. They are the Bailey No 1 dealer and have sold only Bailey caravans for donkeys years. They have an exclusive edition called the Platinum which has all the extras imaginable all for virtually the list price.

These include, 100W solar panel on the roof, a sun roof, spare wheel, alko lock, upgraded upholstery, microwave, radio, alko side lift jack amd traier control.

The trailer control is an electronic system which senses if the van is starting to snake and puts the appropriate van wheel brake on. Sort of similar to ABS. This stops the snake developing before you even know it's happening. That coupled with Bailey's extensive work with University of Bath on designing for stability should make it very stable.

It is only 13foot long body but has a 6ft settees, side kitchen and an end washroom with all the trimmings. This is helped by not having a front gas locker. The bottles are over the wheel in a dresser.

It is lovely but personally I prefer the dandy. Somehow it's just not camping. Going to a campsite, you want to get close to nature but this just completely isolates you from it. Still, must keep her happy.

If there aren't any takers soon, I will take it up to Ian at Riva. It's a good opportunity for someone living in the South as there aren't many down this way.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:37 pm

Wow! I've had a look at the online brochure for the Pursuit and can see the attraction. It's a very practical and 'unfussy' design. Amazing to think that it's lighter than the Riva Destiny.

The extras are very practical as well, sounds like a good deal. My folks had the trailer control on their last caravan and spoke highly of it.

I bet you'll love it - you can still cook, eat, relax etc. outside, but have all the comforts when the weather is not so kind.

I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling the Designer, as you say there are not so many down South, so hopefully you'll be saved a trip to Wigan. My Destiny is with Ian as I have no space to erect it to show potential buyers. We're going to stick with the 4/5 for this year at least and decide what to do for the future. But yes, Mrs P has her eye on a 'van so perhaps the future is inevitable silent
    kadders

Post by kadders Fri 04 Mar 2016, 9:32 pm

Did you sell it OK Navver?
    navver

Post by navver Sat 05 Mar 2016, 7:49 pm

Yes it should be sold. Took it up to Ian at Riva in the end.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:58 pm