Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

10 inch spare wheels

ravey

10 inch spare wheels Empty 10 inch spare wheels

Post by ravey Wed 12 Apr 2017, 8:58 am

hi everyone i am after a couple of spare wheels for my dandy designer.i am in the liverpool area so can pick up localish.or price and p&p please,cheers dave Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

10 inch spare wheels Empty Re: 10 inch spare wheels

Post by Tow Itch Wed 12 Apr 2017, 10:43 pm

Dear Dave

Looking for a couple of spares, not one?
    Are the present wheels in poor cosmetic condition, completely ragged or non existent? The more you tell us why you want what you want the more people can help.
    Though I've been a stranger to the site for a good while more than willing to help but try to use the search facility above. I could quote a lot of things off the top of my head a few years ago but now need to check back on old posts myself.
    I did a search on "10" Wheels" this is what came up: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Important things to remember the wheels are 4" PCD (101.6mm) NOT 100mm One of the subjects in the above search references how to measure offset but from (poor)memory the wheels are zero offset.
    If the new wheels are going to be used in conjunction with the old ones what tyres are on the old wheels? Radials might be universal on cars but cross-ply or bias belted tyres are common on trailer wheels. A mixture on the same axle is illegal.
    How old are the tyres and what condition are they in? Contrary to many websites There is no age limit on trailer tyres but if the sidewalls are cracked or worse still split you are courting disaster. OK probably not disaster towing a Designer. The prospect of a blowout on my Designer wouldn't worry me too much but it's never going to be a great start to a break or holiday.  It is going to be raining when it lets go and your wheel brace or socket is going to be at the bottom of all the camping stuff.
    If you get to the point of thinking of buying new tyres perhaps consider new wheels and tyres as a joint package.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   As an example. Check other retailers. I have no association with the quoted business.
    I'm a big fan of good tyres but I can safely guess that the tyres fitted to the above wheels won't be Pirelli or Michelin. Should that concern you? I dunno that's up to you! Would I be concerned? No there are no acceleration forces on a trailer tyre and even though it's a braked trailer the braking forces are minimal.

What tyre size do you want? If Radial is your choice; 145/80R 10 If crossply well if you want crossply that is another question. What speed rating and load index? You could do a search on tyres on this site or a google search on how to read tyre sidewalls. Clue if the article says "How To Read a TIRE Sidewall" though the article may be written in English(ish) these are the ramblings of Johnny Foreigner.  

Any problems or serious question do get back to us.

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:07 am