Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
mike
Eilis
Helen
7 posters

Your First Car

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Your First Car - Page 2 Empty Re: Your First Car

Post by Helen Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:44 pm

My favourite car was my XR3i Cabriolet, it was a G reg, that's a while ago. I cleaned my alloys with a toothbrush every saturday and the grey leather upholstery with saddle soap. It was a limited edition two tone burgandy with matching hood and silver around the bottom, it took 17 seconds for the electric hood to come down and I loved to do that at traffic lights when I had stopped. It was my pride and joy, must dig out a picture and scan it to show you. I only ever saw one the same and that was on Eastenders Phil Mitchell had it in his garage lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:47 pm

How about this then my first new car was a 850 mini in 1971 it cost a fortune £537 including extras,spare wheel and all the bits you dont need. lol!

I wanted an 1100 but i couldn't afford the exta about £70 i think
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:51 pm

I think the latest car is the only one never named. All my dads cars have been called Betsy lol!

Duggy was named that because of the number plate, probably worth more than the car DUG 5Y. My Cabriolet was called Taz, we had a micra called Sonic. A Granada Scorpio called Freda An Orion called Bert and a BMW called Tapenga.
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sun 17 Jul 2011, 10:11 pm

All my cars have had names: Elliot my first mini, then Hannah (also a mini), Jean Luc my first Metro (at the height of the popularity of Star Trek Next Gen that one), then Bester my Rover 100 (I hated that car, it was sooo unlucky) and the last two have been Honda Jazz'z the first one was Willow and our current one who you will get to meet in September is called Sky because she's sky blue in colour.

As I've always named my cars it was only natural that I named our Dandy as well - hence Minnie.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 17 Jul 2011, 10:16 pm

mike wrote:How about this then my first new car was a 850 mini in 1971 it cost a fortune £537 including extras,spare wheel and all the bits you dont need. lol!

I wanted an 1100 but i couldn't afford the exta about £70 i think

Now your showing your age Mike, a decent bike costs that much these days.

My first car the clapped out Renault cost me £375 and my second the little Honda Civic cost £700 but I managed to sell it for £900 two years later. My Cabriolet cost almost as much as my first house and the BMW even more. I am pleased we now don't really care so long as the car is fit for purpose and functions well. Very Happy
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sun 17 Jul 2011, 10:31 pm

Just realised I'd forgotten 'Fluff' who came in-between Hannah and Jean-Luc and he was my first Metro not JL. I decide the sex of my cars based on which side the petrol cap is on as I once read in a book on Feng Shui that if the cap is on the near (left) side the car is female, if it's on the right the car is male!
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Sun 17 Jul 2011, 10:34 pm

I have owned at least 15 cars,including high performance cars that i have imported,but as time has gone by and fuel tax has ever risen my priorities have changed.I now look for hassle free reliable economical transport,i used to be a petrol head now i am a diesel nut.I used to laugh at Skoda's as a youngster now i would love to be able to afford a New Skoda Superb Estate how things have changed and for the better.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 17 Jul 2011, 10:53 pm

I think we just grew up Nick, or maybe we are getting old.  Your First Car - Page 2 2829330259
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Sun 17 Jul 2011, 11:10 pm

Helen,i think your right i now get excited about boot space and mpg once it was how much bhp and how fast it could go.I don't think i have grown up but i am getting older lol!
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:11 am

The Admiral wrote:Just realised I'd forgotten 'Fluff' who came in-between Hannah and Jean-Luc and he was my first Metro not JL. I decide the sex of my cars based on which side the petrol cap is on as I once read in a book on Feng Shui that if the cap is on the near (left) side the car is female, if it's on the right the car is male!

my cars have all been boys Smile my first one, the morris marina was called norman (after the uncle who's estate we bought it off) since then they have simply been 'baby' and my dandy is called bob lol!

the worst car i had was an orion, a total nightmare of a car
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 18 Jul 2011, 8:08 am

My Orion was great we did have a nightmare car ( I think everyone has had a least one) but ours was a pretty New Astra in Rio-Verde. It spent more time in the garage in the first month than on the road and after only 32 days it had to go at a loss of £2000, that was a nightmare and we had got it from what was a large and reputable dealer. We did complain - A LOT and I did some research on the car and eventually the fanchise was taken away from the dealer as we were not the only ones to be stung. Crying or Very sad

These day's if we get a car that is reliable we tend to keep it as we are wary of ending up with another like the Astra we had.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 26 Apr 2012, 9:11 pm

Bumping this thread because when we fist started it I think we only had around 25 members, it was our first month though Laughing

Ooops telling fibs it was 1 month and 5 days.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 26 Apr 2012, 11:39 pm

Very Happy ok my first car was a Alpha Sud little white thing falling apart at the seams with very high Insurance! but it got me from A to B untill disaster happened I lost it in a snow drift . went to bed one night way back when, then when i got up no car just snow think it was month later when I found a little orange rust bucket unfit for human travel Sad Sad Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 7:44 am