Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+4
vickoir
Eilis
Helen
stephanie
8 posters

just wanted to say hi

vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

just wanted to say hi - Page 2 Empty Re: just wanted to say hi

Post by vickoir Mon 01 Aug 2011, 4:19 pm

mike wrote:Hope its not side storage bars,i for one dont eat enough shreddies to put a dandy on its side affraid

that was my first thought too roller bars- side storage bars i know dandys are light i just dont like the idea of packing it down then flipping it = damage and breakages in my mind Neutral
    stephanie

just wanted to say hi - Page 2 Empty roller bars

Post by stephanie Mon 01 Aug 2011, 5:04 pm

I think you must be right - side storage bars rings a bell but like you couldn't see who would be strong enough or would want to bother!

steph
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 01 Aug 2011, 5:06 pm

stephanie wrote:I think you must be right - side storage bars rings a bell but like you couldn't see who would be strong enough or would want to bother!

steph

If they are put them on ebay some one will think they want them Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 01 Aug 2011, 5:46 pm

Steph

Didn't want to even think about the side storage kit.
    Mikes braver than me though and luckier, if I'd have suggested the side wheels, they would have turned out to be remnants of a prehistoric attempt at an Aquaroll.
    Don't undervalue what you have. There's a diagram on the Yahoo forum showing how to get a Dandy strung in mid air in a garage.
    Someone who has a garage might want the space. Hint I have a garage.
    Going back to what I said about a photo and some dimensions, these could be useful to the disappointed bidders on ebay.
    If I ask what you want for them now is that as a "kit for manoeuvring a Dandy on its side." or could I still be buying prototype Aquaroll bits?

Kevin.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 01 Aug 2011, 5:50 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    Steph

Didn't want to even think about the side storage kit.
    Mikes braver than me though and luckier, if I'd have suggested the side wheels, they would have turned out to be remnants of a prehistoric attempt at an Aquaroll.
    Don't undervalue what you have. There's a diagram on the Yahoo forum showing how to get a Dandy strung in mid air in a garage.
    Someone who has a garage might want the space. Hint I have a garage.
    Going back to what I said about a photo and some dimensions, these could be useful to the disappointed bidders on ebay.
    If I ask what you want for them now is that as a "kit for manoeuvring a Dandy on its side." or could I still be buying prototype Aquaroll bits?

Kevin.

Use them Kevin and we may have to rename you one hung low
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 01 Aug 2011, 9:25 pm

I hope the Awning works Stephanie, if it is good then please can you post some pictures and do a little write up about the make and the fit so others will know. Have a great time just wanted to say hi - Page 2 2618919104
    stephanie

just wanted to say hi - Page 2 Empty roll bars

Post by stephanie Tue 02 Aug 2011, 5:47 pm

thanks. I will look out the condition of them and see if they could be of any use to anyone. On the original invoice they are 'roll over bars' and cost £40.00! I would think though that anyone would have to collect or be prepared for a courier bill.

Also on the invoice is billed 'detachable tow bar' so I would maybe think, that yes they must be to allow for storage on the side, and you would probably have to remove the towbar. Bit worried now as have never checked that the tow bar is fixed on properly!.

This trailer tent was bought from at an Earls court exhibition and with it i have some old marketing stuff. A newspaper cutting quotes a Dandy rep replying to the various choice of colour schems as saying "Back in 1979 we saw the Dandy buyer as a small semi dweller who had Spanish dolls on the mantlepiece. And we tried to give what we thought he wanted. Now (1982) we recognise that we sell to a higher income camper our decor has gone middle class. This is more what I'd choose myself' Does anyone recongise themselves in those descriptions!!

Steph

vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:54 pm

well i can honestly say i count myself in neither of those discriptions just wanted to say hi - Page 2 3462454224
    as if having spanish dolls on your mantlepeice in your semi is a key indicator for dandys usp's no wonder they went bust!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 10:08 pm