Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Eilis
vickoir
6 posters

kyham utility tent

The Admiral
    The Admiral

kyham utility tent - Page 2 Empty Re: kyham utility tent

Post by The Admiral Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:57 pm

That's probably what's going to have happened to mine as well unless one of the neighbours has taken it in (we have a lot of retired people living nearby and they are very good at taking in parcels).

Fortunately if I do have to go and pick it up, our local sorting office is literally just around the corner so I won't have to go far cheers
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Fri 29 Jul 2011, 4:01 pm

The Admiral wrote:That's probably what's going to have happened to mine as well unless one of the neighbours has taken it in (we have a lot of retired people living nearby and they are very good at taking in parcels).

Fortunately if I do have to go and pick it up, our local sorting office is literally just around the corner so I won't have to go far cheers

ah was going to ask jayne if you had received yours,
    we have 2 neighbours who usually take stuff in for us too shame not this time Neutral
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Fri 29 Jul 2011, 7:34 pm

Well mine has arrived the postman just coincided with my husband getting back home after dropping me off at the station! We put it up, very easy to do and its larger than I though it might be, all good so far but I obviously didnt look at the picture very closely as it doesn't actually have a door and no guy ropes either so you couldn't really use it outdoors which was the plan!

However it's a nice little 'tent tidy' so we will probably be able to do just that when we take the day tent with us. All in all it was cheap so no great loss that I can't use it as I thought and it will come in useful I'm sure!
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Fri 29 Jul 2011, 8:47 pm

The Admiral wrote:Well mine has arrived the postman just coincided with my husband getting back home after dropping me off at the station! We put it up, very easy to do and its larger than I though it might be, all good so far but I obviously didnt look at the picture very closely as it doesn't actually have a door and no guy ropes either so you couldn't really use it outdoors which was the plan!

However it's a nice little 'tent tidy' so we will probably be able to do just that when we take the day tent with us. All in all it was cheap so no great loss that I can't use it as I thought and it will come in useful I'm sure!

oh i didnt realise it didnt have a door but i have an old tent which i will cut and make one for it it think so i can leave it outside
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 30 Jul 2011, 7:04 pm

well got mine too today from postoffice put it up quite impressed with it really
    and shouldn't take long to make a door and put zip on it will post pics on here Very Happy
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Sat 30 Jul 2011, 11:07 pm

i also didn't notice the lack of a door,its basically a shelving unit to be used inside an awning,i guess this is why they are so cheap.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 31 Jul 2011, 5:07 am

Shame that it has no door,but if you can use it in the awning its not a total loss.

vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 31 Jul 2011, 12:18 pm

well my kyham utility tent has gone my sister saw it this morning and has bought it off me for her caravan awning so all my mod plans scrapped and now the search for the right type of small utility tent continues Wink
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 31 Jul 2011, 12:28 pm

vickoir wrote:well my kyham utility tent has gone my sister saw it this morning and has bought it off me for her caravan awning so all my mod plans scrapped and now the search for the right type of small utility tent continues Wink

was that because you found it wasn't what you thought, or cos you are very generous (which i know you are) flower
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 31 Jul 2011, 2:34 pm

Eilis wrote:
    vickoir wrote:well my kyham utility tent has gone my sister saw it this morning and has bought it off me for her caravan awning so all my mod plans scrapped and now the search for the right type of small utility tent continues Wink

was that because you found it wasn't what you thought, or cos you are very generous (which i know you are) flower

well bit of both really but i showed it to her and she immediatly had a use for it said oh that would be great for the kids shoes and toys in the awning so it saves me messin about adjusting it and i will get one i can use outside Wink
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sun 31 Jul 2011, 2:54 pm

Vicki can you please let me know if you do find a smallish one for use outside that's not to expensive. We have got our little pop up to use when we don't take the day tent, but I am looking at alternatives.
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 31 Jul 2011, 3:06 pm

The Admiral wrote:Vicki can you please let me know if you do find a smallish one for use outside that's not to expensive. We have got our little pop up to use when we don't take the day tent, but I am looking at alternatives.

of course i will jayne i am on the hunt now so to speak that kyham one was exactly what i wanted but did not realise it had no door so will be looking for something similar, i like the quick errect poles so you dont have to mess about threading it through the fabric i'm sure i will find one Wink
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 31 Jul 2011, 3:10 pm

It would be nice to be able to get a pvc porch awning that used part of the normal awning frame,smaller lighter and quick to erect.
    mike
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 31 Jul 2011, 6:15 pm

Some nice ones here[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 31 Jul 2011, 6:24 pm

mike wrote:Some nice ones here[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    i have looked at these mike and your right but not for me i want a quick erect one
    with a dome or pitch roof (hopefully in blue/white)i kinda know exactly what i want its just finding it thats the problem Neutral
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 31 Jul 2011, 6:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this is the type of thing i want from indigo blue (my favourite stuff out of stock on thier site) or way too expensive elsewhere
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 09 Aug 2011, 5:07 pm

If you use that as a loo tent Vicki, don't let Nick near it with a torch affraid
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Tue 09 Aug 2011, 5:10 pm

helen wrote:If you use that as a loo tent Vicki, don't let Nick near it with a torch affraid

no i wont he'll be batman symbol my buttocks for the world to see Wink
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 09 Aug 2011, 5:12 pm

you could do the dance like the woman on the beginning of Tales of the Unexpected

kyham utility tent - Page 2 1710857839 kyham utility tent - Page 2 1710857839
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Tue 09 Aug 2011, 5:15 pm

and then promptly get arrested kyham utility tent - Page 2 3462454224

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 5:21 am