Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Motorway speed limits

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Motorway speed limits Empty Motorway speed limits

Post by mike Fri 30 Sep 2011, 6:12 am

Looks like we may get 80mph on the motorway because modern cars are safer,this may be true, modern cars are 100% safe until we introduce the human element, its the safety awareness of the latter i question Very Happy
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Motorway speed limits Empty Re: Motorway speed limits

Post by Eilis Fri 30 Sep 2011, 7:18 am

the police have been saying about this for a long time and i must admit i do think 70 is a pain at times, however they did say that they would enforce this stringently so that it doesn't creep up to 90 etc - must get a car with cruise control lol
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 30 Sep 2011, 3:37 pm

Shocked My only does 58mph flat out. Laughing

My inital thought was, it would make it much harder for me to get into lane 2 when overtaking, but then I thought a lot of drivers do that speed anyway, so it probably wouldn't make any difference. Except when a driver is too scared to do lane changes so just sits in lane two, that makes it hard work and winds me up. Evil or Very Mad
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 30 Sep 2011, 8:10 pm

cazz wrote: Shocked My only does 58mph flat out. Laughing

My inital thought was, it would make it much harder for me to get into lane 2 when overtaking, but then I thought a lot of drivers do that speed anyway, so it probably wouldn't make any difference. Except when a driver is too scared to do lane changes so just sits in lane two, that makes it hard work and winds me up. Evil or Very Mad

People who constantly sit in lane 2 when the inside lane is clear winds us up too. They obviously don't know how to use a Motorway! They cause all sorts of problems especially to lorries and the like.
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Fri 30 Sep 2011, 10:48 pm

I find 70mph tedious when driving 300+ mile journeys and 80mph would make a big difference,i would not want to drive at 85-90mph if the law was changed then i could drive at a speed that actually feels like i am making progress and stay legal.
    The 70mph law was introduced when cars had poor brakes,poor lights,no crumple zones and there was no obligation to wear a seatbelt 50yrs on these issues have been resolved.It amuses me that the highway code still quotes braking distances which are completely out of touch with most if not all cars built in the last 20yrs.
    In france you can tow small caravans and trailers at 80mph not that i would fancy towing the dandy at 80mph.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:39 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    cazz wrote: Shocked My only does 58mph flat out. Laughing

People who constantly sit in lane 2 when the inside lane is clear winds us up too. They obviously don't know how to use a Motorway! They cause all sorts of problems especially to lorries and the like.

The amount of people who say fast lane and slow lane. When I'm in lane one towing the trailer, someone is sitting in lane two travelling slower than me, do I pass on the inside or use lane three?

I will pass on the inside, as long as I don't move into lane two, it's not fault my lane is travelling quicker than theirs.

And another thing, when towing on a single carriageway, the amount of people who sit up my backside wanting me to go faster, do they not know the speed limit I restricted to, NO, probably not.

Oh dear, I do sound grumpy, I'm not honest. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 12:31 pm