Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
mike
recycle600
6 posters

Hello to all

recycle600
    recycle600

Hello to all Empty Hello to all

Post by recycle600 Fri 18 Nov 2011, 5:01 pm

Really nice to be here and see the Dandy Campers and realise that I might have been using one if I had known they were still about. Just retired this June and my wife and I went to Vanstone park where there was a camping show and we were taken by the trailer tents but decided to try a tent first as it would not be so expensive. we camped and caravanned a lot between the 80's and 90's and my wife wanted a big tent so we decided on a Coleman fremont 4 which was about 27 ft long but after using it once we decided it was too big and then bought an outwell nevada m which was quite a bit smaller and also purchased a camping trailer to carry some of the stuff and a roof box aswell. We still were not happy when it was raining as there was a lot of stuff to transfer from the trailer and car.We were still looking at trailer tents but did not have the space to put them up to dry if we had a wet pack so we ended up getting a new Serckeman starlett 390CP which is a light weight caravan weighing 970kg gross weight and can be pulled by a smaller car. since had a look at the new Dandy's and have liked what I have seen but spent enough for now!
    Barrie
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Hello to all Empty Re: Hello to all

Post by mike Fri 18 Nov 2011, 5:19 pm

recycle600 wrote:Really nice to be here and see the Dandy Campers and realise that I might have been using one if I had known they were still about. Just retired this June and my wife and I went to Vanstone park where there was a camping show and we were taken by the trailer tents but decided to try a tent first as it would not be so expensive. we camped and caravanned a lot between the 80's and 90's and my wife wanted a big tent so we decided on a Coleman fremont 4 which was about 27 ft long but after using it once we decided it was too big and then bought an outwell nevada m which was quite a bit smaller and also purchased a camping trailer to carry some of the stuff and a roof box aswell. We still were not happy when it was raining as there was a lot of stuff to transfer from the trailer and car.We were still looking at trailer tents but did not have the space to put them up to dry if we had a wet pack so we ended up getting a new Serckeman starlett 390CP which is a light weight caravan weighing 970kg gross weight and can be pulled by a smaller car. since had a look at the new Dandy's and have liked what I have seen but spent enough for now!
    Barrie

Barrie if you are considering a new dandy afraid i have bad news for you they haven't been made for a few years now and if your thoughts where to get one you would have to settle for second hand and do so fairly quickly as the one owner second hand ones are getting scarce.
    As you will have gathered we are predominately a dandy forum and if the dandy is what has attracted you then you are more than welcome with your caravan to join us on the forum and at meets until you make the change.
    As you have the seven day wait for picture posting i will post a picture of what i think your caravan is.

mike
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 18 Nov 2011, 5:38 pm

welcome, as mike said there are very few dandys for sale at the moment but you are welcome to meet us on our christmas meet (see the thread) and have a look at the range of dandys that we have to see what would suit your needs

we are all willing to let people look round and see how fab our dandys are cheers as we are all so proud of them

come and join us and take a peak and fall in love as we have sunny

Hello to all 1468157981
    recycle600
    recycle600

Post by recycle600 Fri 18 Nov 2011, 5:43 pm

Thank's for the reply mike, but I thought the dandys were made by riva leisure now according to their website with the Dart and Designer etc but I did wonder why there are no prices shown.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 18 Nov 2011, 5:47 pm

recycle600 wrote:Thank's for the reply mike, but I thought the dandys were made by riva leisure now according to their website with the Dart and Designer etc but I did wonder why there are no prices shown.

No they only sell second hand but do give a full factory back up to owners,this puts us in a fortunate position.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 18 Nov 2011, 5:49 pm

Hi and Welcome to the forum ........... pity they don't make Dandy's anymore but the good thing is that they last forever if looked after so the second hand ones are a good option.

Hello to all 1217042266
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 18 Nov 2011, 5:52 pm

both helen and mike are accurate and i forgot my manners, how rude of me

Hello to all 936075699

Hello to all 1066248140

welcome and much luck in finding the right dandy for you, in the meantime, you are very welcome to join us at meets to see the variety of dandys available and which one would suit you best until you find the right model for you

Hello to all 1217042266
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Fri 18 Nov 2011, 6:46 pm

hi and welcome
    Hello to all 1217042266
    hope you enjoy the forum
    Cazz
    Cazz