Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Storage for gear in a Dandy

recycle600
    recycle600

Storage for gear in a Dandy Empty Storage for gear in a Dandy

Post by recycle600 Mon 05 Dec 2011, 9:05 am

Hi,
    As a non Dandy owner at this time,when looking at the different types of Dandy I see that the storage options seem limited in that there is only the kitchen unit and maybe a single seat box for storage with the possibility of a gas bottle locker. The bigger ones offer more of course. But where do you put it all then?
    Barrie
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Storage for gear in a Dandy Empty Re: Storage for gear in a Dandy

Post by Helen Mon 05 Dec 2011, 2:58 pm

Hi Barrie, I take either an awning or a utility tent depending on how long we are away for. If we have the awning with us then a fold up wardrobe works well but if it's the utility we simply hang the clothes from the bars inside it and anything else we may need stays dry in there. I section an area off in the awning using a curtain and stick the loo, wardrobe and anything else behind it.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:02 pm

recycle600 wrote:Hi,
    As a non Dandy owner at this time,when looking at the different types of Dandy I see that the storage options seem limited in that there is only the kitchen unit and maybe a single seat box for storage with the possibility of a gas bottle locker. The bigger ones offer more of course. But where do you put it all then?
    Barrie

You have some of the floor space as well and under the transit cover,also what ever you can get in the car,the thing is they are on a par for space with any trailer tent or folding camper,you will always have more storage in a caravan,its part of the decision you have to make.
    I have a caravan but doubt i will ever use it again.

mike

I see helen took it as on site i took it as travelling Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:24 pm

Ah well if we are talking travelling, you would be mighty surprised by just how much I can get in my Dandy and still fold it down Laughing

We also have a top box and every bit of available space is used in the car, I have said it before but wellies make excellent wine holders lol!
    recycle600
    recycle600

Post by recycle600 Mon 05 Dec 2011, 4:00 pm

I used to have a trailer tent years ago but that was a big 8 berth Bonair weighing over a ton unloaded and we did fill it to the brim. There was several large seat boxes and an awning aswel. The bed boxes were large to allow for storage of clothes etc as there was only 2 adults and 4 children using it. We needed a bedford cf van conversion to pull it so we had plenty of space in both the trailer tent and tow vehicle. The dandy requires a bit more care in packing as it is a lot smaller.Our caravan now is much smaller being designed to be pulled by our vauxhall astra club being only 18ft 6in long overall and quite tiny inside but it does have a lot of storage inside despite being small.
    Barrie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 3:19 pm