Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

The Enterprise

John
    John

The Enterprise Empty The Enterprise

Post by John Sat 10 Dec 2011, 6:35 pm

The Enterprise is now on its winter vacation, wheels off having a rest on axle stands, winter covers on all tucked up till march, after which it will be dragged from its slumber and hit the road bounce
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

The Enterprise Empty Re: The Enterprise

Post by mike Sat 10 Dec 2011, 7:27 pm

John wrote:The Enterprise is now on its winter vacation, wheels off having a rest on axle stands, winter covers on all tucked up till march, after which it will be dragged from its slumber and hit the road bounce

As we dont know how much snow there will be at Christmas that could be the right decision Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 11 Dec 2011, 10:02 am

Thanks John you have just reminded me we have Axle stands and will take the wheels off today and give it a rest like yours, we did leave the Dandy in the garage without moving it once a couple of years ago and when we came to get it out found that one of the tyres had deflated over winter, this meant we couldn't get it out of the garage as there isn't room in there to change the wheel so we had to tow it out slowly with the car as every time we tried to pull it out it swung round so the tyre ended up damaged. We were due new tyres anyway so it had new all around. It's on the drive this winter but under the car port but the wheels can go in the garage and it will stop anyone trying to pinch it too so we will probably continue to take the wheels off until it can go back in the garage.
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Sun 11 Dec 2011, 1:22 pm

I put my FC on axle stands each winter so far, but can you advise re changing tyres every five years,i.e. do you all do it?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 11 Dec 2011, 1:26 pm

Esermalda wrote:I put my FC on axle stands each winter so far, but can you advise re changing tyres every five years,i.e. do you all do it?

Apart from weather and standing deterioration all rubber deteriorates naturally and 5 years from manufacture not first use is considered a safe guide line by most experts,i never used to replace any tyres until they needed it but i do now,two tyres cost in the region of £80 so 5 years is £16 a year.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 11 Dec 2011, 4:27 pm

I change mine even if they look okay, it isn't that expensive and best to be safe Very Happy
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:11 pm

Yes, the tyres deteriorate from the inside, as does the rubber gas hose. affraid
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 12 Dec 2011, 5:54 am

cazz wrote:Yes, the tyres deteriorate from the inside, as does the rubber gas hose. affraid

Cant remember the exact dates but two of my three tyres where over 10 years old and the same with the gas hose it all got replaced when we got the 6.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content