Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+8
Eilis
mike
vickoir
bgarston
Phoenix
Cazz
Helen
naedoot
12 posters

Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello

naedoot
    naedoot

Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello Empty Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello

Post by naedoot Thu 12 Jan 2012, 8:04 pm

Just like to start by saying Hello to all. hopefully in the right section.

had a wee look around the site and was very impressed by the amount of feedback and chatter amongst members.

I live in Scotland and have a wife and 3 horrible children Very Happy

We have been using a 5 man tunnel tent for our camping and have decided that we are going to tyr and purchase a Dandy having looked at the alternatives this seems to be the one for us.
    i am looking at an 80's model 6 I believe old brown one with 6 beds.
    I believe that some work has been carried out on it and hopefully my wee citroen c4 hdi will tow her with out puffing Smile
    with any luck we should have our own Dandy by end of next week all going to plan.

Cheers for now Tom
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello Empty Re: Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello

Post by Helen Thu 12 Jan 2012, 8:07 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello 1066248140

The Dandy 6 is a good size for a family, I'm sure you won't be dissapointed when you do find your Dandy.

Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello 1217042266
    naedoot
    naedoot

Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello Empty Re: Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello

Post by naedoot Thu 12 Jan 2012, 8:08 pm

thanks

hope it goes to plan
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 12 Jan 2012, 8:10 pm

If you need any help or have questions then just ask there's always someone who will have advice or idea's Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello 184121345
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 12 Jan 2012, 8:32 pm

Hi Tom, Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello 1217042266

I like the way you describe your children, lol!

Good luck with you new Dandy, fingers crossed it all goes to plan for you.
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Thu 12 Jan 2012, 8:40 pm

Cazz - that was me being polite
    if it was up to me I would be looking for a nice new tent for me and my bike Smile instead of a family unit
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Thu 12 Jan 2012, 8:43 pm

Hi Tom and Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello 1066248140

Hope the Dandy Hunt is successful.

Like the description. lol!
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 12 Jan 2012, 8:53 pm

naedoot wrote:Cazz - that was me being polite
    if it was up to me I would be looking for a nice new tent for me and my bike Smile instead of a family unit

Oh dear, how old are they all? How many years are they from leaving home? lol!
    bgarston
    bgarston

Post by bgarston Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:10 pm

naedoot wrote:
    hopefully my wee citroen c4 hdi will tow her with out puffing Smile

Our 1.6HDi Peugeot 307 doesn't have a problem towing our Dandy 6. On that basis your C4 shouldn't have a problem as it is mechanically similar to the Peugeot 307. Besides I've have seen a Dandy 6 being towed by a VW Polo!

Ben
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:52 pm

Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello 1217042266 Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello 936075699 Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello 1217042266
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 13 Jan 2012, 5:15 am

naedoot wrote:Just like to start by saying Hello to all. hopefully in the right section.

had a wee look around the site and was very impressed by the amount of feedback and chatter amongst members.

I live in Scotland and have a wife and 3 horrible children Very Happy

We have been using a 5 man tunnel tent for our camping and have decided that we are going to tyr and purchase a Dandy having looked at the alternatives this seems to be the one for us.
    i am looking at an 80's model 6 I believe old brown one with 6 beds.
    I believe that some work has been carried out on it and hopefully my wee citroen c4 hdi will tow her with out puffing Smile
    with any luck we should have our own Dandy by end of next week all going to plan.

Cheers for now Tom

Welcome the 6 is a good choice Very Happy i tow my 6 with a 1200 punto even with your hills you should be ok with your c4
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 13 Jan 2012, 7:56 am

welcome and thank you for the kind words about the forum, glad you like how it works

congratulations on getting a 6, if i could put one up on my own i'd go for a 6 too as they are lovely and a great size for your family - if the kids get too horrid just make them sleep underneath the beds lol

Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello 936075699
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 13 Jan 2012, 9:10 am

Tom

Are you like your I.D. and have no doubt about your intended purchase?
    Or do you have some trepidation?
    Have you read the guides and hints as to what to look for in your intended purchase?
    Any Questions?

Best of luck with it all

Kevin.
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sat 14 Jan 2012, 8:27 am

Hi Tom, and Welcome.
    I am quite a new member myself, having bought my Dandy 6 (Destiny) last Sunday.
    The members on here are, as you see, very helpful and very friendly. It has been a Godsend when making decisions, and when stuck.
    Hope you get your Dandy 6.
    Good Luck.
    Kriston
    Coffee1
    Coffee1

Post by Coffee1 Sat 14 Jan 2012, 3:29 pm

Hello Tom

Dont worry kids grow up and leave home eventualy lol!

Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello 936075699

John

naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Mon 16 Jan 2012, 9:26 pm

ive been waiting for 10years, still no joy Smile
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 17 Jan 2012, 7:38 am

You have a while to go yet, but when it happens it seems to happen fast. Our two moved out within a month of each other and after waiting all of those years, we found it horrible at first. The house felt empty Sad but after not too long we found it rather nice to have the place to ourselves cheers
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:19 pm

I never had kids Nancy had 4 supposedly young adults when i met her,she had a nice little end terrace hose with a garage and a back garden you could drive into,i realy wanted to sell my house and move in there but decided it was there home and they would always feel they could move back any time so we sold hers and live in mine,i was too old to start with kids of any age Very Happy
    selkie

Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello Empty New Member

Post by selkie Thu 19 Jan 2012, 3:07 pm

Hi everyone we have an old Dandy 4, we purchased it on ebay two years ago and love it. I posted a couple of photo's on Fb last night. Looking forward to srping and the start of the camping season
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 19 Jan 2012, 4:22 pm

selkie wrote:Hi everyone we have an old Dandy 4, we purchased it on ebay two years ago and love it. I posted a couple of photo's on Fb last night. Looking forward to srping and the start of the camping season

Welcome to the forum,saw the pictures it looked good.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 19 Jan 2012, 5:39 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum pleased you found us Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello 3517506835 Your Dandy is lovely, I saw it on the fb group Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello 184121345
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 19 Jan 2012, 5:56 pm

Just a thought but new members cant post pictures for a week but as you have posted them on facebook I could get them and put them on here for you if you want.
    selkie

Potential New Dandy Owner Saying Hello Empty Potential new dandy owner

Post by selkie Tue 24 Jan 2012, 1:12 pm

Hi Tom and welcome, hope you get sorted with a Dandy..how exciting Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 8:42 pm