Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Tent Valeting Services

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Tent Valeting Services Empty Tent Valeting Services

Post by Tow Itch Mon 30 Jan 2012, 11:26 pm

I've mentioned Tent Valeting Services before, quite impressed at some of the things I've seen.
    They did a cracking repair on my mates awning and he was pleased enough that he now uses them for vinyl repairs on hot tub covers (he sells hot tubs)
    Went in for a pole as one of my awning poles had bent at the How Stean Gorge camp.
    They didn't have the right diameter pole but straightened the one I had and gave me a short length of tube of larger diameter to hammer over and act as a splint.
    I'd seen the 3way gas vales there before so I was looking to pick up one of these.
    As it happens I picked up:
    Tenacious tape ......._...._... .. ..... _ ....._..... ............ ...... £5.50
    Three Old Style 12V plugs and sockets ..3@ ... £2.99 ..... £9.99
    One Four Way Gas Valve inc end fittings ....... ._....._... .. £5.00
    Total including straightened pole and tube offcut ........ £20.00

The gas valve is the same as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now there are several things I might not buy through the internet because they end up more expensive than buying locally.
    Small amounts of steel for odd welding jobs being an example, perhaps gas fittings are another? I think TVS's gas fittings will be going up in price (a lot of the stuff was bought as Conway went bust) but they will still be cheaper than [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Scroll down and you will find them for £35.99. TVS do a mail order service.

I must learn to tabulate numbers only so many full stops allowed that's why the the underscores were used to space!
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Tent Valeting Services Empty Re: Tent Valeting Services

Post by Eilis Tue 31 Jan 2012, 6:21 am

3 @ £2.99 for £9.99 you was robbed mate lol

however the place sounds really good and always good to find somewhere that does good repairs and can turn their hands to other things as tradesmen should be able to
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:05 am

D'oh. £8.97 for the three electrical bits. I thought I'd contributed about ten bob for the tube straightening not got it discounted.
    I will reiterate that each of the £2.99 packages contained both plug and socket.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:26 am

Did you get a quote for zips Kevin, if you do go ahead would you let me know how they look and the price as I may be tempted too.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 31 Jan 2012, 6:06 pm

Helen wrote:Did you get a quote for zips Kevin, if you do go ahead would you let me know how they look and the price as I may be tempted too.

Wasn't exactly all there when I went in just using it as a bit of retail therapy or reason to get out as I'd just had some less than good news I needed to contend with.
    Walked out without buying a quick release gas fitting which I thought about today. Never even gave the awning zips a second thought.
    I fancy doing the zips as it will aid erection, but a bit taken up with the idea of the gas struts at the moment.
    When is your daughters Dandy likely to be out to play? I'm mindful that you caution that one zip may well be easier to work with but I'm ever hopeful that an arrangement can be worked out to provide a functioning canopy. I'd like to see your daughters awning to see what has already been tried.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:10 pm

It will probably be playing out around Easter now Kevin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 5:24 pm