Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Is it just me...?

Endecay
    Endecay

Is it just me...? Empty Is it just me...?

Post by Endecay Fri 09 Mar 2012, 7:58 pm

Spotted this one on Gumtree today but I note it's been around a while.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What model would it be - guessing a delta or 4/5. But, looks to me like the left side is quite damaged. Anyone else think so too?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Is it just me...? Empty Re: Is it just me...?

Post by Tow Itch Fri 09 Mar 2012, 10:47 pm

I'm so ashamed I've never noticed the top corners. Both left and right.
    I somehow suspect it's an effect of not being assembled correctly correctly.
    I don't know how though I can't see how it was miss folded? Maybe that's why it's not sold.
    Ask. I think it was just overpriced when it went up on sale.
    As said previously Even though winterised I'd not be offering more than £600. Well not initially anyway.
    I think its a 4. Ask for the tub width.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 09 Mar 2012, 11:05 pm

Tow Itch wrote: I'm so ashamed I've never noticed the top corners. Both left and right.
    I don't know how though I can't see how it was miss folded? Maybe that's why it's not sold.
    As said previously Even though winterised I'd not be offering more than £600. Well not initially anyway.

Look closely Mr Itch, I don't think the corners are damaged. They look as if they are not tucked back properly.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 10 Mar 2012, 12:04 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote: I'm so ashamed I've never noticed the top corners. Both left and right.

Look closely Mr Itch, I don't think the corners are damaged. They look as if they are not tucked back properly.

Yes I agree with you, but then again I'm the man who posted "correctly correctly" Hard to support my ability with observational skills after posysking thwat?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 10 Mar 2012, 5:18 am

I like the brown and white dandys,this one looks to be insulated and could be worth a look though i do think the price would require serious thought,think that could be why its been around a while,it would be nice to think you could get it for £600 but i have my doubts £700 may be more likely and of course no chasing ebay bargains lol! the model to me looks like a delta 4 berth but dont get too over impressed with the 5 berth idea because i think you get a wider seat rather than a 5th bed.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 10 Mar 2012, 8:23 am

I like the Dandy, the corners are just not tucked in but I cant see where any damage to the left side is Shocked

It's insulated and that would encourage me to pay more for it, also full awning and underfloor heater. You could try to knock the price down a bit but only after viewing and knowing your happy with it first. Someone will pay the price when the season gets going, if it's in good condition and has all the extra's then I honestly think it's worth near what they are asking for it. If you wanted to sell it on at some point the Awning and underfloor heater plus full insulation will get back the majority of your money paid. You will see brown and white ones for sale (my daughter has one and it looks smart) but not all have full insulation or heater and when it comes to finding an awning for one if you buy a Dandy without that can be difficult and pricey too.

It looks like a 4 as the seat comes over the bottom cupboards.
    Endecay
    Endecay

Post by Endecay Sat 10 Mar 2012, 9:30 am

Thanks Peeps.

I'm most concerned about the bottom left - see detail pic

It looks like the PVC is ragged. You can see a bit of the internals too. Do they often look like this if put up incorrectly?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 10 Mar 2012, 10:01 am

That's what they look like when the bungees having been put on the buttons under the bed and the velcro hasn't been pressed on, it's just been put up without being finished off. All the bungees haven't been put on or velcro pressed down. Smile
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 10 Mar 2012, 11:08 am

Endecay wrote:Thanks Peeps.

I'm most concerned about the bottom left - see detail pic

It looks like the PVC is ragged. You can see a bit of the internals too. Do they often look like this if put up incorrectly?

Just enlarged it but its too blocky to tell,it could be tatty or as helen said just not folded under and fixed properly,there is a cut out to go around the bed support if the support hasn't been fully extended then this could be in the wrong place and make it look tatty,they do tend to look a bit iffy when just hanging down.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 10 Mar 2012, 11:48 am

The price when first posted on Gumtree was £950.00.
    That coupled with it being offered up early in the year resulted in a no sale.
    I'd make contact through Gumtree and risk a low offer. Removing eBays margin from the equation. Possibly priming one of my mates to phone with a lower offer first.
    I can't see out wrong with the bottom left corner, my resolution doesn't go to that.
    If the under bed bit had been chewed by mice it wouldnt make a functional difference, just a negotiating point.
    This is the second medium he has offered the Dandy on, he wants rid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:17 am