Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Storage/utility tent idea's and chat

Ali
    Ali

Storage/utility tent idea's and chat Empty Storage/utility tent idea's and chat

Post by Ali Sun 08 Apr 2012, 10:11 am

Split thread due to informative utility tent/storage tent information

The Admiral wrote:
    mike wrote:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Mike what make is your storage tent? I'm looking for something of a similar size for when we are away just for a couple of nights.

Me too - I have been trawling eBay and the web but nothing small enough for sale.

Last edited by Helen on Tue 10 Apr 2012, 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Informative thread)
    Cazz
    Cazz

Storage/utility tent idea's and chat Empty Re: Storage/utility tent idea's and chat

Post by Cazz Sun 08 Apr 2012, 10:24 am

Just off the top of my head, Just Kampers and Lightening Leisure both sell a small utility tent. Outdoor Revolution make them, Lightening Leisure sell their products. We also use a quenchua 4 man pop up tent as a utility tent, there are indestructable in the wind, which is a god send, it's usually really windy when we go away.

I'm on my phone at the mo and doing links will take ages, but i'll put some up tonight unless someone beats me to it. flower
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Storage/utility tent idea's and chat Empty Re: Storage/utility tent idea's and chat

Post by mike Sun 08 Apr 2012, 12:33 pm

Its the argos tent but you need to wait until its on offer realy cant remember what we paid but i know it was half price.

We are home pleased we decided to had one hell of a job to get off the site,the dandy wheels had sunk in the few days we where there and the punto would not grip enough so we had some hand pushing and pulling,my boots wouldn't grip the dandy stood still and i slid Very Happy
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Sun 08 Apr 2012, 12:34 pm

cazz wrote:Just off the top of my head, Just Kampers and Lightening Leisure both sell a small utility tent. Outdoor Revolution make them, Lightening Leisure sell their products. We also use a quenchua 4 man pop up tent as a utility tent, there are indestructable in the wind, which is a god send, it's usually really windy when we go away.

I'm on my phone at the mo and doing links will take ages, but i'll put some up tonight unless someone beats me to it. flower

I have never heard of the first two place so will check them out! But I really like this

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 08 Apr 2012, 1:18 pm

That is a lovely tent Ali and may even push up to the front of the Dandy like a porch if your lucky ....... sure I have seen this model before and if it's the same model the rear opens up too, it's made from vynil like our cabanon one Storage/utility tent idea's and chat 184121345

Pleased you got home safe Mike.
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Sun 08 Apr 2012, 1:31 pm

Helen wrote:That is a lovely tent Ali and may even push up to the front of the Dandy like a porch if your lucky ....... sure I have seen this model before and if it's the same model the rear opens up too, it's made from vynil like our cabanon one Storage/utility tent idea's and chat 184121345

Pleased you got home safe Mike.

yes it's vinyl so fits with a dandy quite well and it would be good to be able to hang up coats, put the fridge in etc. if the rear opens up well even better! and there's 10 of them for sale so should be safe Wink ! Very Happy
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 08 Apr 2012, 8:08 pm

Links as promised. I was undecided whether to start a new thread or continue on this one, I guess it could always be copied and put in a different section to help other members if it is helpful.

Outdoor Revolution [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Justkampers [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lightning leisure [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fishbrain [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Out door mega store [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Go Outdoors, (on offer) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Campershop [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Decathlon [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These last two are, in my opinion, indestructible in the wind, we've got the brown one, and it's been superb, it's also incredibly water proof. I wouldn't like to use one as a kitchen though, when it whops around in the wind there is a chance things can be knocked over.
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Mon 09 Apr 2012, 12:21 am

cazz wrote:Links as promised. I was undecided whether to start a new thread or continue on this one, I guess it could always be copied and put in a different section to help other members if it is helpful.

Outdoor Revolution [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Justkampers [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lightning leisure [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fishbrain [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Out door mega store [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Go Outdoors, (on offer) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Campershop [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Decathlon [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These last two are, in my opinion, indestructible in the wind, we've got the brown one, and it's been superb, it's also incredibly water proof. I wouldn't like to use one as a kitchen though, when it whops around in the wind there is a chance things can be knocked over.

Thanks for these Cazz. I'm undecided - I like them all apart from the tardis type showertent! I don't want one to cook in but just as extra storage and for the 'fridge!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 09 Apr 2012, 6:24 am

Ali wrote:
    cazz wrote:Just off the top of my head, Just Kampers and Lightening Leisure both sell a small utility tent. Outdoor Revolution make them, Lightening Leisure sell their products. We also use a quenchua 4 man pop up tent as a utility tent, there are indestructable in the wind, which is a god send, it's usually really windy when we go away.

I have never heard of the first two place so will check them out! But I really like this

This was on sale last year and appears interesting my two concerns would be the lack of a decent size photo and when they have been on sale for so long that should be possible,and also they seam a bit straight sided for strong wind ie how much bigger are they at the base than the roof.
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Mon 09 Apr 2012, 12:14 pm

[/quote]

This was on sale last year and appears interesting my two concerns would be the lack of a decent size photo and when they have been on sale for so long that should be possible,and also they seam a bit straight sided for strong wind ie how much bigger are they at the base than the roof.[/quote]

Would they need to be bigger at the base to be safer? They are made in Singapore for trade customers and the picture is the same on that website.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 09 Apr 2012, 1:58 pm

Ali wrote:

This was on sale last year and appears interesting my two concerns would be the lack of a decent size photo and when they have been on sale for so long that should be possible,and also they seam a bit straight sided for strong wind ie how much bigger are they at the base than the roof.[/quote]

Would they need to be bigger at the base to be safer? They are made in Singapore for trade customers and the picture is the same on that website. [/quote]

Just my thoughts that sides sloping down to a larger base would be more stable,i know some awnings dont but they are attached to something else,they look nice and in that material they would be great.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Storage/utility tent idea's and chat Empty Storage/utility tent idea's and chat

Post by Cazz Tue 10 Apr 2012, 7:31 pm

Ali wrote:Thanks for these Cazz. I'm undecided - I like them all apart from the tardis type showertent! I don't want one to cook in but just as extra storage and for the 'fridge!

No probs, I know what you mean about the tardis shower tent, not my first choice either. Good luck in your search. Storage/utility tent idea's and chat 3498837457
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 16 Apr 2012, 5:18 pm

If you really do have a storage problem then this may help[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:21 pm

mike wrote:If you really do have a storage problem then this may help[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol! Storage/utility tent idea's and chat 1710857839

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 2:20 pm