Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+5
mike
jake001
Caz1960
Nick
ShaunJUK
9 posters

Fan Heater

ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Fan Heater Empty Fan Heater

Post by ShaunJUK Sun 22 Apr 2012, 7:53 pm

Bought the following fan heater from Argos

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I wouldn't have posted as it is just a fan heater however I was suprised to find it has an adjustable thermostat, we had it on all night and it turned itself on and off to maintain the temperature in the dandy.

Simple but useful
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Fan Heater Empty Re: Fan Heater

Post by Nick Sun 22 Apr 2012, 9:39 pm

good call a thermostat is a must at night,keeps everything at a fairly constant temperature
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 23 Apr 2012, 10:42 pm

brilliant off to Argos Very Happy
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 6:35 pm

Just bought the following from B&M

At £9.99 it seems cheap enough for a person of my ancestry, which is why I bought it cheers , it has a thermostat, it's virtually silent and it switches between 1 and 2 Kw. AND IT'S £9.99 Fan Heater 2702329197
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 14 Oct 2012, 6:44 pm

Always worth looking at B&M you got a bargain
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sun 14 Oct 2012, 7:22 pm

We're thinking maybe of getting an oil filled radiator so that we can leave it on all night if needs be, can anyone recommend any particular make?
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 7:50 pm

Much electrical equipment these days is made in the same (Chinese) factory under a variety of (well known) names Shocked The only way to decide which is the best value is to look very closely at the specifications and compare. You will sometimes find that identical items are sold under different names at wildly different prices, often as much as twice as much affraid Brand loyalty is a thing of the past unless you are looking at real "top of the range" items the rest are pretty much the same and you are probably best off buying from one of the well known discounters.

But then I am A Yorkie Fan Heater 1208560806
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 18 Oct 2012, 3:36 pm

We bought a convector heater which can also be left on all night, it turns on and off as needed, is totally silent and is much lighter to transport than an oil filled one.

We got it after a recommendation from here. Very Happy
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Thu 18 Oct 2012, 5:51 pm

Cazz wrote:We bought a convector heater which can also be left on all night, it turns on and off as needed, is totally silent and is much lighter to transport than an oil filled one.

We've got a convector heater that we used to use in our bedroom at the flat, but it's rather on the large side to take away with us and all the ones I've looked at seem to be of a similar size.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 18 Oct 2012, 5:59 pm

The Admiral wrote:
    Cazz wrote:We bought a convector heater which can also be left on all night, it turns on and off as needed, is totally silent and is much lighter to transport than an oil filled one.

We've got a convector heater that we used to use in our bedroom at the flat, but it's rather on the large side to take away with us and all the ones I've looked at seem to be of a similar size.

I see, valid point about the bulk. Mr and Mrs P's one is smaller than all the others that i've seen, but not as small as the other ones you've mentioned, not sure on the make of theirs. :-)
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Thu 18 Oct 2012, 7:57 pm

Cazz wrote:
    The Admiral wrote:

I see, valid point about the bulk. Mr and Mrs P's one is smaller than all the others that i've seen, but not as small as the other ones you've mentioned, not sure on the make of theirs. :-)

This is the one we bought from B&Q.

JamesMcQ

Post by JamesMcQ Fri 19 Oct 2012, 10:40 am

On the subject of heating. I have found that the best heater, in terms of space saving, efficiency and effectiveness is the Dimplex Frostwatcher. I have a 500w model which is thermostatically controlled, silent, very compact and highly efficient in keeping a designer toasty. They do make one a little bigger but useful if you are on a low ampage hook up. they are quite expensive though but often one comes up on Ebay or freeads etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 3:09 pm