Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Avtex Aerial

vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Avtex Aerial Empty Avtex Aerial

Post by vickoir Sun 12 Jun 2011, 12:48 pm

i bought an Avtex Antenna for our new tv and its awesome.I connected to our tv and when i set up tv i discovered our tv has a 5v antenna output so i dont need to use the 12v lead supplied.I stuck the antenna to bedroom window on the inside.The Antenna is only about 6ft off ground level and we live in a built up area,i have done an auto scan and got 76 digital channels and about a 12 radio channels,the picture quality is amazing.I cannot wait to try it out in the countryside,where i should get even more channels .
    I paid £35 for our Antenna delivered i dont think you can get these cheaper than that.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Avtex Aerial Empty Re: Avtex Aerial

Post by Helen Wed 15 Jun 2011, 8:54 am

We use a digital tv type ariel that is on a pole, we strap this to the dandy legs using cable ties then wiggle it about until we get a reception. Not the best way of doing it but as we only take the tv with us on a few occasions (prefer to play cards or sit outside when its warm) thats as far as we have got. TV has its place though and if camping out of season we do take it with us. Wink

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 2:55 pm