Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+13
vnuala
lynn83
Krist0n
missingtale
Esermalda
Coffee1
Cazz
Caz1960
mike
Tow Itch
Owd Lad
ShaunJUK
Helen
17 posters

Dandy Trailer tents - Folding the Roof

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Dandy Trailer tents - Folding the Roof - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandy Trailer tents - Folding the Roof

Post by mike Sun 29 Jul 2012, 5:23 am

Apart from the interior extra bits it shouldn't take any longer than the smaller ones and no more effort.will have to sort a video
    vnuala
    vnuala

Dandy Trailer tents - Folding the Roof - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandy Trailer tents - Folding the Roof

Post by vnuala Fri 10 Aug 2012, 11:27 pm

mike wrote:Apart from the interior extra bits it shouldn't take any longer than the smaller ones and no more effort.will have to sort a video
    i would love to see a video of how you fold your 6 down as i struggled with mine today ! maybe i am doing something wrong.
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sun 12 Aug 2012, 5:47 am

Hi vnuala.
    We have a 6, but it's the Destiny, high side. Yours looks like the low side? I can't see it being too different, if any different at all. We are in Sandbach, Cheshire, so only an hour drive from Liverpool. Your quite welcome to pay a visit with your Dandy, and we might be able to help. We are only novices ourselves, only having the Dandy since the beginning of this year, but it's been up and down a few times. I visited a campsite with a Dandy meeting when we first bought it, and they helped out, and gave a few tips that I wouldn't have thought of.

If you can't make it here, then you could speak to me via Yahoo messenger, as I'm regularly on there. my username is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Same goes for anyone else on here using yahoo. Or FB page, search for Kriston Zissler. There will only be one! Laughing
    vnuala
    vnuala

Post by vnuala Sun 12 Aug 2012, 8:10 am

Krist0n wrote:Hi vnuala.
    We have a 6, but it's the Destiny, high side. Yours looks like the low side? I can't see it being too different, if any different at all. We are in Sandbach, Cheshire, so only an hour drive from Liverpool. Your quite welcome to pay a visit with your Dandy, and we might be able to help. We are only novices ourselves, only having the Dandy since the beginning of this year, but it's been up and down a few times. I visited a campsite with a Dandy meeting when we first bought it, and they helped out, and gave a few tips that I wouldn't have thought of.

If you can't make it here, then you could speak to me via Yahoo messenger, as I'm regularly on there. my username is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Same goes for anyone else on here using yahoo. Or FB page, search for Kriston Zissler. There will only be one! Laughing
    Thanks Krist0n I will have a look for you I am going camping next monday for 4 days on my own with my 4 daughters ,the hubby has to work,a site called Henllys farm in towyn so fingers crossed.I can manage most or putting it away on my own ,its just the final stages I struggle with.My daughter does cheerleading in northwhich so not far from you.are there any more meets around the northwest that you know of ? Thanks Vicky.
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

Post by Owd Lad Tue 04 Jun 2013, 7:36 am

I know I'm resurrecting a fairly old thread but we've just got round to giving our Designer an airing, for the first time this year. It's had about 9 months of non use and been stored on the drive, in the open in this time. When we packed away last time the drain tube was packed with a couple of scrunched up carrier bags but everything else was left in situ', less bedding and food. We also packed away with the loose end of the roof cable tied in position and with the roof folded 'in'. Erecting with the roof folded this way was an absolute doddle. We had no mice problems to meet us and everything was well apart from a bit of mould on some hard surfaces, easily wiped off. The roof showed no ill effects at all of being folded away this way. After a couple of days cleaning and airing we packed away again with the roof 'in'. It was just so easy as the roof found it's own folds and packing up was so quick. I'm sold on this method.

Steve
    severebrainfailure
    severebrainfailure

Post by severebrainfailure Tue 04 Jun 2013, 8:46 pm

I'll have to try this! When i first borrowed a dandy, I was first shown to build the sides & ends, then throw the roof over, but that made no sense. I saw the youtube video before i got my own one, but that method doesn't really work for me either... more experimenting required!
    ChrisP
    ChrisP

Dandy Trailer tents - Folding the Roof - Page 2 Empty Roof folding

Post by ChrisP Tue 09 Jul 2013, 9:48 pm

I never thought of folding it in on purpose. On my destiny (before I sold it) and now on my 4/5 the roof always ends up partly in under the beds how ever careful I am. I then have to lift the beds a bit and wiggle it out. Not good for my back. I have several roofing joist off cuts that live in the front box and get used as chocks or levelling blocks and one day i wedged one under the bed to hold it slightly raised. I could then extract and tidy the roof without having to hold up the bed at the same time.....It made the job so easy...It was one of those "why didn't I think of that before" moments.
    sallust70

Post by sallust70 Tue 24 Sep 2013, 9:33 pm

Just seen the thread about folding the roof and had to chuckle to myself!

We were shown by the people we bought our Dandy Destiny from to fold the roof in and have always done it this way.

We did try the "proper" way once and never again!  We found it very hard work and very awkward!

Our roof is not damaged at all and I am glad to hear that others do it the same way as I keep saying to my other half that we are doing it wrong Smile
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 25 Sep 2013, 6:23 am

We did it wrong for years and had less marks on the pvc than when we do it right, we did do it the correct way the last time but that was because we intend to clean the roof and can't do that when it's folded in ....... once cleaned then the next time we are out with it we will fold it back in again, it is a lot easier even if not quite as neat Twisted Evil 
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Fri 09 May 2014, 1:10 am

We have started folding our roof to the middle now, in the gap between the 2 beds (destiny). I find that the weight is better placed over the axle, and not spread about. We have also bought a new car and it only has 60kg nose weight, so keeping the roof away from the front bed is now a must.
    robertj

Dandy Trailer tents - Folding the Roof - Page 2 Empty TOPIC REVIEW

Post by robertj Wed 09 May 2018, 3:33 pm

Hi to all Dandy owners, iv'e just joined the forum so this is my first attempt to join in.
    My wife and myself bought a Delta last summer and camped at Cambridge site last bank holiday and had a wonderful time. When we bought the camper the roof was under the beds, I also watched the riva video and have erected it both ways, we find it much easier with roof under beds. Happy camping everyone. Robert.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 4:11 pm