Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

erecting dandy 4 roof hoop nylon cords?

hannah3dog

erecting dandy 4 roof hoop nylon cords? Empty erecting dandy 4 roof hoop nylon cords?

Post by hannah3dog Sun 26 Aug 2012, 6:52 pm

Hi we have just bought an old Dandy 4. I don't understand where the nylon cords attach to the roof buttons or roof hoops to get it to raise the roof during erection. How long should the cord be and do you take them off after its up. Does this system work? Thank you
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

erecting dandy 4 roof hoop nylon cords? Empty Re: erecting dandy 4 roof hoop nylon cords?

Post by mike Sun 26 Aug 2012, 6:57 pm

hannah3dog wrote:Hi we have just bought an old Dandy 4. I don't understand where the nylon cords attach to the roof buttons or roof hoops to get it to raise the roof during erection. How long should the cord be and do you take them off after its up. Does this system work? Thank you

Are the cords already on the roof hoops,if so you put them on the button on the underside of the bed,then when you raise the bed it pulls the roof hoops up,packing away is a reversal of this ie the strings control the fall of the roof hoops.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

erecting dandy 4 roof hoop nylon cords? Empty Re: erecting dandy 4 roof hoop nylon cords?

Post by mike Sun 26 Aug 2012, 7:00 pm

Have you watched this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    hannah3dog

Post by hannah3dog Sun 26 Aug 2012, 7:13 pm

Yes I've seen video and foolishly threw away cords as they were bailer twine and I didn't realise they were vital. Are the cords tight when the door is attached to the hoops or do you partially erect the hoop and then untie before slotting them into the door? Thank you for your interest
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Sun 26 Aug 2012, 9:37 pm

The strings should pull the hoops up to about vertical (right angle to the bed base) so that the door "wall" can be raised. The door must now be opened, this is very important to avoid nasty accidents affraid (I know What a Face )
    Raise the kitchen side using the roof pole and clip the pole into the top of the door. Now take the strings off the buttons and clip the hoops into the "hooks" on the door and kitchen walls, finished with strings erecting dandy 4 roof hoop nylon cords? 3498837457

Don't worry you'll soon get used to it cheers I only did it for the first time this year and now I do it on my own in 20 minutes, it's all the crossing from side to side that takes the time Shocked
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 27 Aug 2012, 10:24 am

If you need to put new strings on Hannah there should be a place to attach them at the top of each upright bit on the hoops, to get the length hold the bars upright and pull the cord over the the cleat or button under the bed board and that should give you the correct length.

Welcome to the forum Hannah erecting dandy 4 roof hoop nylon cords? 1217042266 erecting dandy 4 roof hoop nylon cords? 1217042266 erecting dandy 4 roof hoop nylon cords? 1217042266
    hannah3dog

Post by hannah3dog Mon 27 Aug 2012, 10:53 am

Thanks a lot for your help Helen,Jake and Mike. I found some better instructions with pictures on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and now (think) I understand it. The last time we did it we laid the roof out on the ground and lifted it up but that wasn't very clever. I should have left the bailer twine on!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 11:33 pm