Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Websites Listing Campsites

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Websites Listing Campsites Empty Websites Listing Campsites

Post by Tow Itch Wed 10 Oct 2012, 8:48 pm

Dear All

Put this here to assist people looking for new place to camp in or suggestions for unknown areas.

First link I posted on this subject was for Caz Numbers. I then repeated it for very different reasons for Helen.

UK Campsite [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Known and used by many of us it lists not just UK campsites but sites throught Europe. OK sites in several countries in Europe. There are also various forums relating to different types of campers. Sites are also reviewed by the members.

The strength of this site should be the vast numbers of members and the large numbers of reviews should provide a balanced opinion. It doesn't seem to work that way. There are sites I know that I wouldn't go to if I took too much notice of the reviews. Also because it is so well known I think it's not beyond the wit and wisdom of owners to get friends place their own "reviews".

Archiescampings] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This was the link I posted for Caz and Helen. You need to download Google Earth first. Don't download from the download page. As far as I can work out that page is for mobile applications, use the page the link takes you to and select a country at a time. All that is given is a pin location and a telephone no. Yes this is a bit basic but in many cases pictures will be posted linked to Google Earth for that location. i.e Some of you have asked about Dent in Cumbria (North Yorks National Park) where I often camp. If you go to Dent there are a whole host of pictures linked to Google Earth also you can do Street View to look at the village. Go on have a look. If you're observant you may even notice that the village street that everyone says is cobbled does infact use "duck" stones from the river. These are much smaller than cobbles.
    Some brighter campsites have links either on the pin or nearby. If I were to want to stay in Warsaw the nearest campground to the centre is Majawa 123. There are a number of links both on the pin and around it can be seen that the site has also had the name of astur at some point. By tracing round I can even find 3 reviews from
    Old buildings and structures. WiFi free and working ok. Reception open 24 h. Price too high for this camping.
    to
    Totally koszmar.Zdjęcia not show prawdy.Za times "communism" could Scouts were forced to spend the night there, but now there is dirt and smród.Zero monitoring and lack of contact with kierownictwem.Recepcja does not give any information about the phone calls to those responsible for the moldy houses . Toilets and showers are just "a name" - of our entire group, no one of them dared to skorzystać.Odradzam staying at this place
    If Google translate failed with the details there I think we got the essence.Better translation.
    A total nightmare.Pictures do not show the truth.At the time of 'komuny ' may the Scouts were forced to spend the night there, but now there is dirt and stench.Zero monitoring and no contact with the leadership.Front desk does not provide any information on the phones to the people responsible for these moldy houses.Toilets and showers are the only ' name '-from across our group nobody dared to use them.I advise against staying in this place
    Finally
    And here he is camping. Inexpensive, central and quite decent. We will not taste good decadent West, it seemed a miracle service
    The last quote accompanying a picture, two in fact alas I can't link them. Then finally with a little work with the name on Google we find a website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Why did I use this place as an example and spend so much effort trying to find information? Well I stayed there in 1998. The chalets weren't In top order then but Warsaw was odd at that time. Development cash rolling in. Western hotels £150 to £200 per night for basic rooms any number of former communist era hotels that couldn't manage sheets without holes, matching blankets or linen or staff who gave a chuff. So the site may still be stuck in a similar middle ground. Though there was always some money or style around the place because of the attached tennis courts and club. Little indication of this except in the sites website links. No indication either that there was a massive open air Lido next door alas I think this lido has bitten the dust.
    So the downside is that one may have to work harder to find out details of a site but with the help of the pictures on Google Earth, The Streetview even a simple google search they can be found. The positive is the number of sites listed, over 30,000 in Europe. even in the Uk pull up an area on the UK campsites map and then go to the same area on Archiescampings so many more sites.

Campings Municipaux [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] France has a tradition of municipal campsites but just as we complain in this country about the wastefulness and incompetence of local government it appears that the grass is not necessarilly greener in France. I'll let the site originator explain: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    So contained here we have a project to list and promote the municipal campsites of France. Many of these are very economical even in a brief search I managed to find one that was free with just a 2 euro contribution for the electricity. look for the golden icon [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    This site lists over 2000 sites some with chalets or bungalows as well as camping. The icons open to show; address, phone no and price. Other options can be opened and where available there is a link to the campsites website, or failing that the website of the local community. Alas either the chalets and bungalows are rare or I've failed to understand something as I can't find examples of either being highlighted.
    My first ever European camping experience was in a Municipal Campsite that is now sadly closed.
    I wish these people every success with this project.

Camping Links This site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is different insofar as it doesn't just list campsites. It also lists the sources, the original sites that host lists or links to campsites. Too many sites for me to list let alone evaluate, as a sample if I stick to the UK I can find

Camping And Caravanning Club: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yes I could have just Googled the club, but they do have a map search and what if I was looking for a less obvious listing.

Scottish Camping: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 500 + links in scotland

Beyond this the linked sites aren't worth mentioning in the UK. though there is a database of over 2,500 campsites.
    One unique thing this site does is list 4 principal transit routes across the UK then list campsites close to the roads travelled. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] A brilliant idea if looking for a stop off en transit. Even more so if crossing a country in europe. If you know which route your taking through a country preprint the list and it's available in case of a stop without need to gain internet access. i.e. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Danish Camping Info No not just information about camping in Denmark! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This has it's own listing of 24,000 campsites in Europe [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] unfortunately i can't get this to re set. I'm locked into the UK and think I would need to exit the site clear my cookies and re enter. I might be able to exit the Uk if I understood the website unfortunately large parts don't translate from Danish.

Some good links from the Danish site.

ADAC German Automobile Club Camping information and site search engine: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Luxury camping in France [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] considering the locations and the facilities these don't sound too badly priced. I don't get the fact that the weekly tariff works out the same per day as the nightly tariff.

As this was primarily about listings or links to campsites the groupings centered on the camping cards have been ignored. Not much used in Gt Britain and also a mystery to me in exactly how they work please add a piece on if you know how they work and or can explain their value.

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Websites Listing Campsites Empty Re: Websites Listing Campsites

Post by Caz1960 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 11:55 am

Shocked Websites Listing Campsites 2197500976 Websites Listing Campsites 2161515090 Websites Listing Campsites 2197500976 Shocked
    that is brilliant and very very helpful
    Websites Listing Campsites 2161515090
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 18 Oct 2012, 4:20 pm

Good post Mr Itch. There's also [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 16 Oct 2024, 9:47 am