Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Helen
mike
Water-Drops
7 posters

Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?

Water-Drops
    Water-Drops

Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  Empty Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?

Post by Water-Drops Mon 29 Oct 2012, 2:08 pm

I have inherited a very nice Dandy,1960s, Surprised Green & White, Full locking Brown door, Full green & white awning (seems new), 2 skirts, battery charger, gas bottle, oven (not original I dont think), sink, two double beds, 1 is the folding bench, Glass windows, insulated roof, electrics work, strip light, cigarette lighter sockets, full plug sockets, good wheels, new spare, replaced wooden bed bases, etc etc...I had such a good feeling in it, but it still needs some work doing to it, I really am no good at diy. I have fallen in love with the folding camper idea though, I have a 4 & 5 year old, (and hubby who also is hopeless at diy!) so I figured I need a more modern folding camper, and a bigger one. I brought a bargain pennine Fiesta 1992, set it all up yesterday .... It just has not got the same feel as the dandy, Neutral yes it is newer, yes it is more modern .... But it feels cheap compared to the dandy, it does not feel homely, it does not have the same solid caravan feel that the Dandy provides ....

So long story short, if I sell the Dandy & the Pennine, I may then be able to buy a newer Dandy!!!

I have an idea on how much the Pennine Fiesta will sell for, but I have NO idea how much to sell the Dandy for?! Can anyone give me a guide please?! Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  143088812 And also an idea on model to head for next, (young children, like space, little work!)
    I have no idea why the modern ones did not copy the Dandy designs, but they really should have done!!!

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  Empty Re: Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?

Post by mike Mon 29 Oct 2012, 2:38 pm

Welcome to the forum,now the biggy how much thats difficult dont suppose you got any pictures when it was erected.

mike
    Water-Drops
    Water-Drops

Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  Empty Re: Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?

Post by Water-Drops Mon 29 Oct 2012, 3:04 pm

I have managed to upload some to the image hosting site ... how do I then get it on here?!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 29 Oct 2012, 3:36 pm

As you have just joined the system may stop you uploading pictures to the forum for 7 days,i will send you an email which will give you my email and if you send them to me i will post them.

mike
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 29 Oct 2012, 4:01 pm

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 29 Oct 2012, 4:41 pm

Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  1066248140

Once you've tried a Dandy nothing else ever really has the same cosy feeling. Smile

If you are selling both you'll probably find more interest and perhaps a higher price at the beginning of the season.
    Water-Drops
    Water-Drops

Post by Water-Drops Mon 29 Oct 2012, 9:14 pm

I would be happy with £450. I have nothing to compare it to, but I have found a few ended listings which went for more than £600. Then some random ones alot higher! But I would like to upgrade before the new season starts, so happy to quickly sell to buy the next one Smile
    Water-Drops
    Water-Drops

Post by Water-Drops Mon 29 Oct 2012, 10:39 pm

Due to an extremely friendly and very helpful Forum Member who has been messaging me, I may have changed my mind! What I will probably do now, is sell the Pennine Fiesta and use the profit I make to bring this Dandy up to scratch. I knew as soon as I set up the Fiesta that it did not feel right, but felt a 1960s camper was just too old fashioned and not modern enough for me to want to camp in, but it is so much better thought out and can be amazing again. I will reset it up again and remind myself of why I can't bare to sell it!!! Fantastic Forum, Thankyou Smile)))
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 29 Oct 2012, 10:59 pm

It is a great looking dandy and age really doesn't matter, if you have any questions or need advice our friendly members will help if they can Very Happy

Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  1428739134

On making a great decision Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  184121345
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 30 Oct 2012, 12:16 am

Glad it's worked out the way it has.
    The £450 you should have got all day long if you had held on to it till next summer I'd say a lot more at the right car show.
    People with 60's/70's cars want 60's and 70's accommodation. Also towing a caravan can murder the fuel economy and take the fun out of showing.
    What are the things you felt needed doing?
    It is the better investment, it's got more years of life left in it than the Fiesta.
    I have a 70's green Dandy. You're not alone nor that rare take a look at Cazz's and Phoenix's units then see how many 40+ year old Pennine and Conway units you can find. Ah no looking at the owners club websites they both started to exist in the late 70's. OK how many 30 year old ones can you find?

Water-Drops
    Water-Drops

Post by Water-Drops Tue 30 Oct 2012, 5:58 am

It does not need much doing to it at all, the main bit is just the bottom section of the door needs replacing (which will only be a panel of marine ply I have been told)
    It looks identical to Caz's green 1960s one, reading through her post makes me think I will be totaly frowned upon, as the works I am talking about doing, is changing the things that everyone is so passionate about, I don't like the dark wood, I don't like the old fashioned look, I would want to revamp it, use cream paint maybe on the exterior woodwork, definitely on the interior woodwork, change the colour of the trailer, change the carpet, change the bedding, the condition of it all is very good, so really it could be camped in now. By he looks of it, alot of people would love this original, but if I sell it, I will be left dandy less and have to settle for a canvas modern folding camper, which lacks the build and feel of the Dandy!!
    Really I am alot more suited to the modern Riva Dandy, but can't afford one Sad
    Still in a quandary!!!!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 30 Oct 2012, 6:50 am

It's your Dandy, make it feel right for you. I know many people like to keep them original but if it was mine I would be doing all the things you want to do Laughing

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:15 pm

Well i am traditionalist but Helen is right its you dandy do what makes you happy,the main things you might get with a newer one is insulation and if you did that my way you dont need diy skills,under floor heater i have one dont use it as i use hook up.
    If you could be happy with an older one keep it and personalise it

mike
    Water-Drops
    Water-Drops

Post by Water-Drops Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:41 pm

Smile I thought the early ones were still insulated anyway?
    I am going to where I store it tomorrow, to get it all out and awning set up, to see exactly what is has/hasn't got and what the awning looks like up x
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:44 pm

All Dandy roofs are insulated, it's the walls that aren't, it's optional to have the walls done. Very Happy

When you put it up just picture it with new seat covers and curtains and lovely bright units. Very Happy
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:28 pm

Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  2702329197 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  2702329197 glam it up girl I have and still got more to do as it's my little home on the move my six has flowers all over the outside [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

my 5 is going through a full modernisation to suit my son's needs and mine I love glamping Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  2702329197 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  2702329197

paint , wallpaper or fablon the inside and you will glow with pride when campers coo over your Dandy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 31 Oct 2012, 7:14 pm

Well it's not what I would do and part of me would argue if you want a newer one a more sympathetic restoration would allow more possibilities for a higher value sale if you don't get on.

Then again what do I know. Look what this one sold for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It might even give you some ideas It's now owned by P660 and this is their initial post. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Water-Drops
    Water-Drops

Post by Water-Drops Wed 31 Oct 2012, 8:14 pm

Caz, i love yours! The flowers add so much character to it aswell Smile

I went and put it all up today, I cant believe how warm it was inside, you could easily camp in this weather!
    It is all totaly solid, but I was feeling a bit cramped in it, I am one for space, which is making me itchy and want to try and find a bigger version, with my 2 children (4 & 5) and hubby, I dont want to be sitting on the beds, I want some full size benches, whether next to the beds or seperate. So I am going to sell it and see if I can find a bigger Dandy, I cant go back to Canvas now after experiencing the PVC.
    Tow-Itch, Thankyou for your link to the one that sold for £700, it is smaller, no front windows and smaller awning, it is making me wonder whether to try a buy it now at £600, that will get me closer to my upgrade.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:44 pm

should have put a reserve at £600 but allow it to go on auction so if it does not hit the price you have protected it but on buy it now you might loose the chance it going higher its a hard one as winter is in there might not be that much competition as there is in summer it's catch 22 flower
    and Mr Tow Itch glamping especially vintage is all the rage now flower
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 01 Nov 2012, 12:44 am

Caz1960 wrote:should have put a reserve at £600 but allow it to go on auction so if it does not hit the price you have protected it but on buy it now you might loose the chance it going higher its a hard one as winter is in there might not be that much competition as there is in summer it's catch 22 flower
    and Mr Tow Itch glamping especially vintage is all the rage now flower

The vintage I can do by virtue of both myself and my older unit The Green Un.

Alas for glamping you need glamour. This I sadly lack but so do most of the tarts boudoirs I've seen offered up to camp in at various events.

Being charged in excess of £2,000 for five nights under canvas is for those who can swing it on expenses and the deranged.

Oh if it's fashionable as well that definitely counts me out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ms Drops

Though they perhaps look bigger your 5 is the same size as a Designer or Discovery 5' 10" across the tub, only the 6 Dimension and designer are bigger. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Now though I'd not want to put you off towing any of those, one advantage of the smaller rear entry (O'er Missus) Dandys is that they are so easy to tow. You never get any nasty snakey moments or anything like that.
    Speaking of which have you towed your dandy yet? Are the rod brakes all set up OK?
    Water-Drops
    Water-Drops

Post by Water-Drops Thu 01 Nov 2012, 4:21 am

Maybe I should have popped it on auction, but I would be very happy with the buy it now prIce, I am not very patient, I hate waiting for auctions to get going! I guess you are right though, by the looks of it, it is the only one for sale, anywhere! So it could have set it's own price. It has 4 watchers, but that is probably you guys ;p
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 01 Nov 2012, 1:57 pm

You will need a dandy 6 then Very Happy
    Water-Drops
    Water-Drops

Post by Water-Drops Fri 02 Nov 2012, 4:58 am

15 watchers and still 8 days 16 hours to go! I love how many Dandy Lovers are out there, a great family, I know none of these watchers will buy it, but nice to see how many are interested in the outcome! As far as I figure, you don't watch a buy it now if you were intending on buying it! X
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 02 Nov 2012, 8:47 am

Don't be too sure of that ....... some people watch and wait and then if it's not sold make a lower offer at the last minute. Have you decided what type of Dandy your going to go for yet?

This may help

HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:59 am

Water-Drops wrote:Due to an extremely friendly and very helpful Forum Member who has been messaging me, I may have changed my mind! What I will probably do now, is sell the Pennine Fiesta and use the profit I make to bring this Dandy up to scratch. I knew as soon as I set up the Fiesta that it did not feel right, but felt a 1960s camper was just too old fashioned and not modern enough for me to want to camp in, but it is so much better thought out and can be amazing again. I will reset it up again and remind myself of why I can't bare to sell it!!! Fantastic Forum, Thankyou Smile)))

Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  1217042266 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  1428739134 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  184121345 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  184121345 good for you, we have had 3 dandies over the yrs and our only regret was selling a dandy and buying a 10 yr younger caravan, that had a leek after only a few months, big expence. the dandy bed was far more comfy the dandy towed great, infact we get 60mpg from our citroen eco hdi with dabdy not even felt on tow lol.
    We are doing out dandy up, the other week we went to stoke to get gas struts fited on the beds, it came with 2040v electrics but i did not like the 12v system, so now sorting that and fiting solar power to run a fridge/ coler, and int light, and water pump.
    And remember Mate these dandies go for ever if looked after, and yours looks like it has been loved my the persons who had it before you.
    And lots of friends and info and help on here, there is also other info to be had on the web, my email is removed for safety send me a email and i will send more dandy links to you Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  2618919104 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  2618919104 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  496639318 Dandy 1960s, Inherited, how much should I sell for?  40847162

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 8:42 am