Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Dandy folding camper using a mattress topper

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dandy folding camper using a mattress topper Empty Dandy folding camper using a mattress topper

Post by Helen Sat 25 Jun 2011, 10:24 am

I use a memory foam mattress topper on my bed and find it makes things a lot comfier and warmer too, we did leave it on the bed and squash it down with the sidewall board then fastened the little clips in place but we did worry that it would put strain on these so eventually we found it just as easy to pack everything away and just pull it over the packed down kitchen unit and other stuff that we have in the middle of the Dandy when packed, I also think it helps to protect stuff when you have folded it all down, the kitchen wall folds onto the top of it now and before it folded onto all the packed stuff in the middle. Very Happy
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Dandy folding camper using a mattress topper Empty Re: Dandy folding camper using a mattress topper

Post by vickoir Sat 25 Jun 2011, 10:48 am

helen wrote:I use a memory foam mattress topper on my bed and find it makes things a lot comfier and warmer too, we did leave it on the bed and squash it down with the sidewall board then fastened the little clips in place but we did worry that it would put strain on these so eventually we found it just as easy to pack everything away and just pull it over the packed down kitchen unit and other stuff that we have in the middle of the Dandy when packed, I also think it helps to protect stuff when you have folded it all down, the kitchen wall folds onto the top of it now and before it folded onto all the packed stuff in the middle. Very Happy

we do the same and really improves the bed we were so impressed we got one for our bed at home Wink
    navver

Dandy folding camper using a mattress topper Empty Re: Dandy folding camper using a mattress topper

Post by navver Thu 23 May 2013, 9:46 pm

What thickness do you reccommend? They seem to be 1 2 3 or 4 inch
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 24 May 2013, 7:41 am

Not sure which I have but it was fairly cheap so probably one of the thinner ones.
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Fri 24 May 2013, 8:24 pm

We got a king size 5cm/2" from asda when they were on offer and cut it in half. This size gives you comfort and not too much worry about added weight. They are fairly hefty if thicker.
    Essie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 8:52 am