Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Thundersprint A Sad Loss

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Thundersprint A Sad Loss Empty Thundersprint A Sad Loss

Post by Tow Itch Sun 27 Jan 2013, 4:34 pm

With the mention of Easter I was reviewing a few events that might be worth a camp. Things that add value to camping events by providing a free or low cost spectacle for the campers.
    Being me my focus is normally centred on cars, bikes ,aircraft or steam though I was trying to broaden my horizons with county shows etc unfortunately I came across this.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It might be a worthwhile event for a committed petrol head to goto but the joy of Thundersprint in Northwhich was watching motorcyclists racing round Sainsbury's car park juxtapositioned with people who knew nothing about bikes just having a fun day out and sightseeing.
    The car park was a bit limited but the bikes were raced by a mix of rank amateurs, club racers, former world class racers, celebrities and current stars of moto GP (OK moto 3) and superbikes.

As many as 130,000 to see bikes on a car park?

This was the website explination of the show. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A full page of camping details [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thought I'd posted about this at some time in the past but I've not. Photos a plenty on old phones. It was a cracking free two days out because it wasn't just the Thundersprint on the Sunday but the classic bikes on the Saturday. I don't know of the attendance figures on the Sat but bet that it was in excess of 50,000. A truly cracking free show and a great advert for motorcycling.

2011 Programme [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alas from this year to be held on the Anglesey Circuit and they will call it a success if they get more than 25,000. Perhaps better for the racing but I'm upset about the loss of a community event. I can remember the event being on the Three Sisters track near Wigan in the past and I didn't understand it leaving to take place in a car park, hope I'm equally wrong here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 5:58 am