Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Helen
peridot
6 posters

Hello and Thanks

peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Hello and Thanks Empty Hello and Thanks

Post by peridot Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:52 am

I signed up to the forum last October when I was on the lookout for a larger Dandy to replace the 1994 Designer that had given us good service for a few years.

We we wondering how difficult it would be to sell ours on as we have no space at home to erect it and show potential buyers.

Lo and behold listed here was a 2007 Destiny whos owner was looking to downsize - preferably to an older Designer!

This seemed like 'Destiny' indeed, the only slight problem being that we lived at opposite corners of the country.

Various arrangements were made to meet in the middle only to be scuppered by weather conditions, but we did eventually meet last weekend and agree a trade.

So, I though it was time to say hello and thanks to the forum for pointing me in the direction of this fantastic new unit. Our hope is to be able to do a lot more off season / shoulder season camping in the larger Dandy, and perhaps venture abroad in it.

We have encountered an initial problem in manoeuvring the Destiny into our very small garage and realise that we'll need a motor mover to avoid damaging the camper and initiating divorce proceedings Smile
    s
    I have a Powrtouch one winging its way to me and will post some details of the install as I struggled to find much information on my own searches.

I expect to be asking lots of questions as I get to grips with the larger unit and look forward to sharing experiences and advice.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Hello and Thanks Empty Re: Hello and Thanks

Post by Helen Thu 07 Mar 2013, 11:33 am

It's always nice to hear something good has come out of the Dandy Campers, it's purpose was and still is to help Dandy owners and it's fantastic that it helped two owners find each other to find suitable dandy's cheers

It'll be interesting to find out how you get on with the motor mover, and feel free to ask any questions the members here are very generous with any help they can offer, you may not always get an answer straight away but you will get one Very Happy

Hello and Thanks 1428739134

Congratulations on finding your Destiny and a good home for the designer too

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 07 Mar 2013, 1:33 pm

Absolutely Fantastic. Glad we did some good and good to see you will post on your adventures with the motor mover.

Photos are good at any time and holiday or trip reports welcome.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 07 Mar 2013, 2:07 pm

Yes Hello and Thanks 1428739134 on a successful mission hope you have many happy camping years.

mike
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Thu 07 Mar 2013, 6:06 pm

Thanks for the welcome Smile

I've already had a fantastic response to my first plea for technical assistance.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:21 pm

Hello and Thanks 1428739134 on your swap/trade. It's fab when a plan comes together.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Thu 07 Mar 2013, 11:12 pm

Hello and Thanks 1428739134 On your trucking and trading. Hope you have fun with your new Dandy. bounce bounce bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 11:25 pm