Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Getting the Dandy ready

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Getting the Dandy ready Empty Getting the Dandy ready

Post by Helen Sat 25 Jun 2011, 9:32 pm

If its dry tomorrow we intend getting the Dandy out of the garage whilst we have a tidy, we need to replace a couple of windbreak poles too. I am going to sort out two plastic tubs putting stuff for when we are on EHU in one and stuff for Gas in the other. This way we wont end up taking everything that we don't need. I will always take one of my gas lamps even on EHU just because I really like it and the sound it makes, oh and my whistling kettle is always in the Dandy although I do also have a small travel kettle too. Shocked oh that's another thing I always take my small hairdryer as most sights have a power point to use it......... Now I am beginning to realise that I will probably still take everything.

I already have my plastic bottles sorted for my mini-bar, I use empty small plastic drinks bottles and fill them with several types of spirits. Getting the Dandy ready 1912976309
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Getting the Dandy ready Empty Re: Getting the Dandy ready

Post by mike Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:15 am

Our preparation must be easier then as we only use EHU ,done the other type when younger and you didn't have the choice. Very Happy
    Keith
    Keith

Post by Keith Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:32 am

As we are going away on the 4th July, our spare room looks like an army supply depot everything is packed and labeled in their respective plastic boxes that we used to use for tenting.

I also gave the bed leg supports, the wheels and mudguards a quick going over with hammerite and it certainly looks a lot better for it, 240v electrics are sorted as is the 12v for the tap and now all the trailer lights work properly after some re-wiring work, the only thing we have not done is clean the exterior but we will try before we go away.

As for the awning and sun canopy we were selling elsewhere, we sorted out all the mismatched poles and built the frame with some trial and error then marked it up with tape, my wife is still not too happy about the weight of the awning but likes the sun canopy so we are sticking with that and will decide what to do at a later date with the awning.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:39 am

Keith wrote:As we are going away on the 4th July, our spare room looks like an army supply depot everything is packed and labeled in their respective plastic boxes that we used to use for tenting.

I also gave the bed leg supports, the wheels and mudguards a quick going over with hammerite and it certainly looks a lot better for it, 240v electrics are sorted as is the 12v for the tap and now all the trailer lights work properly after some re-wiring work, the only thing we have not done is clean the exterior but we will try before we go away.

As for the awning and sun canopy we were selling elsewhere, we sorted out all the mismatched poles and built the frame with some trial and error then marked it up with tape, my wife is still not too happy about the weight of the awning but likes the sun canopy so we are sticking with that and will decide what to do at a later date with the awning.

You sound too organised for me lol! have to admit we only arrive on site with the right gear because there is a woman involved,know i shouldn't have to ask but the grey cells arnt what they should be what dandy do you have.
    Keith
    Keith

Post by Keith Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:52 am

Thats exactly why we're organised because of Debbie, she like things sorted so we can find them. We are the owners of an 80's vintage Dandy 6 that we bought via ebay and are very happy with it now that most of the jobs seem to have been done, to be honest the interior cabinet fronts etc really need tidying up as there is a bit of a mismatch between fablon coverED and sticky laminate but iI will get round to that eventually as it doesn't affect the use of the 6.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 26 Jun 2011, 11:48 am

Keith wrote:Thats exactly why we're organised because of Debbie, she like things sorted so we can find them. We are the owners of an 80's vintage Dandy 6 that we bought via ebay and are very happy with it now that most of the jobs seem to have been done, to be honest the interior cabinet fronts etc really need tidying up as there is a bit of a mismatch between fablon coverED and sticky laminate but iI will get round to that eventually as it doesn't affect the use of the 6.

It all comes back now think i mentioned to you the difference in the awnings ie some press stud on some go behind the pvc bed ends.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:44 pm

Its almost always down to us women to organise the camping stuff, Packing the stuff away inside our Dandy is an art-form in itself and my other half wouldn't have a clue where stuff fits, he tends to sit and have a few brews whilst I pack everything away then joins in when its time to pack the Dandy away. Getting the Dandy ready 2829330259
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:03 pm

helen wrote:Its almost always down to us women to organise the camping stuff, Packing the stuff away inside our Dandy is an art-form in itself and my other half wouldn't have a clue where stuff fits, he tends to sit and have a few brews whilst I pack everything away then joins in when its time to pack the Dandy away. Getting the Dandy ready 2829330259

i pack everything but then i'm not allowed to put it in the car as nick has a very rigid system when it comes to his car Getting the Dandy ready 1705467399
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:27 pm

Ah now if we are talking of packing the packed and ready stuff into the Car ............. I am not allowed near, John insists that I can't do it and so he has to put the stuff in, if I even put a torch in the boot you can guarantee he will move it. affraid
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:45 pm

helen wrote:Ah now if we are talking of packing the packed and ready stuff into the Car ............. I am not allowed near, John insists that I can't do it and so he has to put the stuff in, if I even put a torch in the boot you can guarantee he will move it. affraid

yep thats the one nick is the same i cant even put the tiniest item in there incase i do it wrong Question must be a man thing Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 8:08 pm