Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Best value batteries

babsinthewood
    babsinthewood

Best value batteries Empty Best value batteries

Post by babsinthewood Mon 25 Mar 2013, 6:52 pm

Our "new" Dandy has come with a Peugeot car battery of unknown quality. Currently on an intelligent charger to see if it can be revived. Its only use is to power the water pump. I now believe that a leisure battery is the thing to fit but which one and how much should we be looking to pay? And do we really need a leisure one, just for a water pump?
    Bab's Husband. Best value batteries 143088812
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Best value batteries Empty Re: Best value batteries

Post by peridot Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:34 pm

Did someone mention leisure batteries Smile

It's a hot topic on another thread here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There's far more information than you'll need or want at this stage but if you read the first few posts and then the lst few on the third page you'll get a feel for things.

Basically, despite all the marketing hype there's little if any difference between a car battery and a standard leisure battery. If you're only needing to power the water pump (and perhaps a light?) a basic 60 - 85 Ah battery will see you good.

You mention an electric heater fitted to your Dandy so it must be equipped for electric hook-up. Has it got a battery charger fitted? If it has and you're on hook-up the charger will effectively power your 12v equipment and you don't need to worry about the battery.

The Bosch/Varta range of car and lesiure batteries have a good reputation and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] people do the smaller version of the one I bought. My experience is that their prices and service are very good so I would be happy to recommend them. Give them a call though as I'm not certain they've fully updated their website.

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 6:02 am