Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

recovering the seats

carteramberdamon

recovering the seats  Empty recovering the seats

Post by carteramberdamon Wed 15 May 2013, 12:50 pm

Hi i thought i would just post some before and after pictures on our new toy. The kids named her Mimzy she is a dandy destiny. I manged to get some really nice upholstery fabric that is double sided from Birmingham rag market @ £5 per meter, i needed 14 meters and only just had enough. I have had to sew the cushions with much thought so that i can use both sides of the material if i fancy a change and it will get even wear as well. I did find it quite difficult to recover the bed hinges part but got there in the end with the helpful advice of Helen , thanks Helen xx cheers

I also cut the main back cushions in half to make it easier to sew and to save fabric which i thought worked well Question
    Its not quite finished yet but this is it so far hope you like it thanks Simone xx

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this is the after

considering i have only made a few pairs of curtains in the past i am really proud of myself recovering the seats  1710857839

this is the reverse side and the edge iv sewn for the reverse side

hope this helps anyone who is thinking of doing a recover , i just need to make some new curtains when i get chance
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

recovering the seats  Empty Re: recovering the seats

Post by Helen Wed 15 May 2013, 1:19 pm

Moved to this area so we can all comment on what a fantastic job you've done, it looks beautiful and that fabric is gorgeous recovering the seats  1710857839 recovering the seats  1710857839 recovering the seats  1710857839

Looks like really good quality fabric recovering the seats  184121345
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Wed 15 May 2013, 2:26 pm

Well done you recovering the seats  1710857839 you've done a brilliant job, lovely fabric as well.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Wed 15 May 2013, 10:42 pm

Looks fantastic - well done cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:42 pm