Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+5
Tow Itch
sunflowergs
peridot
mike
Lulli22
9 posters

Hello from Brittany!

Lulli22
    Lulli22

Hello from Brittany! Empty Hello from Brittany!

Post by Lulli22 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:17 am

I am new to the forum and just thought I would say 'hello'. I actually live in Brittany, France and after looking at your members' map, am actually wondering if I may be the only one who is not resident in the UK. Do you have any other members in Europe? Do any of you ever cross the Channel with your Dandy to experience the wonderful campsites we have over here? I am enjoying reading all your tips and experiences and am sure I will learn a great deal about the Dandy camper.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Hello from Brittany! Empty Re: Hello from Brittany!

Post by mike Wed 12 Jun 2013, 4:31 am

Hello from Brittany! 1217042266 to the forum.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Wed 12 Jun 2013, 6:52 am

Hi and welcome Lulli22 Very Happy

We visit france most years and have stayed on some wonderful campsites. We haven't yet brought our Dandy across though.

We're thinking that we may do so next year, starting off in Brittany and moving down along the West coast. If so, I'll be back with lost of questions as we start to organise things.

Last edited by peridot on Wed 12 Jun 2013, 8:55 am; edited 2 times in total
    sunflowergs

Post by sunflowergs Wed 12 Jun 2013, 7:50 am

Hi Lulli22, we love everything about France, Brittany in particular. We have camped twice in brittany,once at a place called Begmeil which is about 3 miles from Benodet,and the second time was further north about 1 hour from Brest,the name of which escapes me. We didn't have a Dandy at the time but hopefully next year we will be heading your way again this time with the Dandy in tow.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:53 am

Lulli22 wrote:I am new to the forum and just thought I would say 'hello'.  I actually live in Brittany, France and after looking at your members' map, am actually wondering if I may be the only one who is not resident in the UK.  Do you have any other members in Europe?  Do any of you ever cross the Channel with your Dandy to experience the wonderful campsites we have over here?  I am enjoying reading all your tips and experiences and am sure I will learn a great deal about the Dandy camper.

Hello Lulli

You are as far as I know our only non UK resident member. If you PM Helen with the name of your town or village she can put you on our members map so we can see where you are.
    You are our only non UK member but we do know of this man in Germany [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] there should be quite a few Dandy owners in the Netherlands as there was an importer based there.
    Caz1960 had a trip over to Europe this summer after a less successful attempt last year [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    I have never taken the Dandy over the Channel but have camped in France,Austria, The Czech Republic and Poland. My first European holiday with friends was 31 years ago to Normandy and Brittany. The first place I ever camped in Europe was the municipal site in the forest above Le Havre. This I now understand is closed. I remember it as a wonderful place and think it's closure is a sad loss.

Do you have a Dandy or are you looking for one? If you have one what sort. We do love photos on here.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 12 Jun 2013, 11:40 am

Hello and Welcome to the dandy campers forum Hello from Brittany! 936075699
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Wed 12 Jun 2013, 6:39 pm

Hello and Hello from Brittany! 936075699Lulli 22.

We thought there was another member in Europe, but can't for the life of us think who it is. They were thinking of coming over to buy a Dandy we seem to remember.
    navver

Post by navver Wed 12 Jun 2013, 9:00 pm

Hi Lulli and welcome. I've never been to France but did GCE French at school. I can definitely say our French teacher was all the boys favourite by far, but we couldn't concentrate on learning much French I'm afraid.

I would like to go to France and now we've got something really light and easy to tow, who knows, it may be on the cards, especially now I know how cool they are in Summer.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 12 Jun 2013, 9:05 pm

navver wrote:I would like to go to France and now we've got something really light and easy to tow, who knows, it may be on the cards, especially now I know how cool they are in Summer

No navver that is a British summer. The only units that have not been cool over the last three summers are the ones that have been cold.
    navver

Post by navver Wed 12 Jun 2013, 9:11 pm

No, last week in Devon we had wall to wall sunshine all week. You need to come further South. But it did rain in Bristol.
    Lulli22
    Lulli22

Post by Lulli22 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:39 pm

Thank you all for your welcome and comments.  You certainly sound a friendly bunch! 

We have a 1992 Dandy Designer which we bought several years ago from someone who had a holiday home over here.  He and his wife often brought their Dandy with them when visiting Brittany and liked to nip off for little jaunts to look at and discover other parts of France.  Sadly, his wife became ill and they were no longer able to go camping, so decided to sell the Dandy.

It may seem unbelievable to many of you but, even though we have owned our Dandy for 5 years now, we have never actually been away in her!  On several occasions and always with a bit of struggling we have put her up in the garden, but only really as somewhere for our son to entertain his friends or to have the odd meal in.  Anyway, now that the weather has improved a little (!), we are hoping to put her up again in the garden and sort her out with the intention of finally going away in her!   So wish us luck!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 12 Jun 2013, 11:16 pm

A link to the thread from our prospective Austrian member: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
     I think he might not have bought because of the problems of registering a used trailer in Austria.

You should be fine with the Dandy on the road with just new tyres, a greasing of the coupling device, checking the wheel bearings and the adjustment of the brakes. Though I gather that trailers over 500Kg are registered in France?

Any help we can give don't think twice to ask. We realise that you are that much further away from the normal support network. 

We would love pictures when it is up.
    Lulli22
    Lulli22

Post by Lulli22 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:17 pm

Thank you so much Tow Itch for your advice and info.  I have tried to upload a couple of photos, but am not having much success.  I am not very computer literate I'm afraid!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:17 am

Lulli22 wrote:Thank you so much Tow Itch for your advice and info.  I have tried to upload a couple of photos, but am not having much success.  I am not very computer literate I'm afraid!

Any problems send them to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] we will host them from there. 

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 9:13 am

Hello from Brittany! 1217042266Hello from Brittany! 1217042266  I go to France with my Dandy and have great fun this year she traveled 1,570 miles with no problems planning next years trip Hello from Brittany! 1217042266Hello from Brittany! 1217042266
    Lulli22
    Lulli22

Post by Lulli22 Mon 24 Jun 2013, 11:38 pm

Hello from Brittany! 2197500976   Caz1960, I do admire you.  How fantastic to travel so many miles.  Which parts of France did you visit?  Anywhere near Brittany?
    Lulli22
    Lulli22

Post by Lulli22 Tue 25 Jun 2013, 12:06 am

Well, now that I know how to upload photos, I thought you might like to see some interior shots of our Dandy, Cordelia.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 25 Jun 2013, 8:14 am

Love the name of your Dandy, she's lovely Hello from Brittany! 184121345
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 25 Jun 2013, 9:47 am

flower we traveled along the north bordering Belgium last year and this year we stayed at Jean St Mechiel below the alps but you never know I might stop by for a cuppa Hello from Brittany! 3462454224Hello from Brittany! 3462454224Hello from Brittany! 3462454224  driving to Paris to see the end of the tour de France but not taking the dandy only an over night trip
    love the pictures and green with envy to see the side window lets in more light

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 01 May 2024, 11:00 pm