Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Un-insulated walls - much of a difference?

jjb

Un-insulated walls - much of a difference? Empty Un-insulated walls - much of a difference?

Post by jjb Wed 12 Jun 2013, 1:53 pm

Hello Everyone,

We currently have an insulated Designer but have been looking at a Destiny Low side with un-insulated walls, the question is how much of a difference does it make? The roof is insulated and in honesty we are fair weather campers with a heater!

thanks
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Un-insulated walls - much of a difference? Empty Re: Un-insulated walls - much of a difference?

Post by Helen Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:00 pm

welcome to the Dandy campers Un-insulated walls - much of a difference? 1066248140

We have insulated walls our daughters didn't and we camped together in reasonable temperatures ...... no real difference, I think it's when it comes to really cold weather and possible condensation because of it where the insulated walls matter most.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Un-insulated walls - much of a difference? Empty Re: Un-insulated walls - much of a difference?

Post by Tow Itch Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:17 pm

Think Helen has pretty well covered it.

I think part of the idea of the insulation was not so much for heat rather to cut down on condensation in cold circumstances. Dandys are warmer than standard folding campers anyway. If forced to select I'd take the heater over the insulation any time.

From personal experience this weekend spent Thursday and Fiday night sleeping in a tent and even though wearing all my clothes I froze my bum off. Saturday and Sunday were spent in an uninsulated Dandy with a Riviera heater. On both nights I had to get up at an early hour to turn the heater off.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 12 Jun 2013, 3:09 pm

Uninsulated shouldn't be too much of a problem,i have used both types you can get condensation with uninsulated at any time of year but not normally much in the summer,insulated though is far better if we ever get hot summers again it keeps the dandy cooler.

mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 3:18 pm