Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Dandy Designer For Sale

Ali
    Ali

Dandy Designer For Sale Empty Dandy Designer For Sale

Post by Ali Fri 16 Aug 2013, 9:45 pm

Hi!

I am finally selling my Designer.   Shocked It's the pale blue and white 1989 model. It's in good nick for it's age and was used last month for a 4 day holiday so I know it doesn't leak - and believe me it was put to the test during a ridiculous cloudburst!

The beds and chairs have been recovered in flame retardant blue fabric and it has blue and cream curtains.  The bed curtains have blackout lining as I like to sleep in perfect darkness!

I've never used the water pump or the cooker or underfloor heater but Riva assured me they worked when I bought it from them about 3 years' or so  ago.

We paid a couple of hundred to have gas lifts added last summer so it is even easier to put up and down now. I also bought a sun canopy too.

I am looking to sell it for around £1100 so if anyone is interested in making an offer just send me a message-  - and of course I will put it up for inspection before anyone buys it.

Cheers
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Dandy Designer For Sale Empty Re: Dandy Designer For Sale

Post by Tow Itch Fri 16 Aug 2013, 10:07 pm

If you are interested in buying a Dandy look at the number of posts Ali is not some Jonny come lately looking to sell something they bought in error.

Ali love remind us why you are selling are you moving up or has lack of physical mobility caused you to call it a day?

Sell your Dandy up and host a load of photos. Not everyone will know you, your posts or your Dandy.

I do hope we are not losing you?

You bothered to help me when I had just joined another forum and didn't understand something about the nature of eBay a good while ago.

Thanks and love Mr itch.
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Fri 16 Aug 2013, 10:23 pm

Hi ! I just about remember! I am on more medication than ever for chronic pain and it's affected my memory.

But silly me - yes should say that I just can't manage dealing with the Dandy any more and my OH has never really enjoyed dandying. we are looking to get something easier. The dandy is great though - I love having the sofa. I will post some photos asap.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 16 Aug 2013, 10:34 pm

A friend of mine came to our Rhos meet last weekend in a tin tent. I can't imagine that anyone would disagree with me. Whatever you end up getting you would be more than welcome if you should wish to join us in future on a meet.
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:33 pm

Thank you Smile 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:05 am

Hi

so sorry you have to sell your lovely Dandy, if anyone is looking for a Dandy and this one fits the bill then someone is going to be very happy.

We also decided a tin tent would be easier but didn't sell the Dandy as it would come in handy for family but we've found that although the caravan is easier to sort out when we arrive ........ the beds aren't anything like as comfortable and the sofa's aren't either ....... check out anything you buy thoroughly and also make sure you lie on the beds and sit on sofa's for a while, if you tell them of your health problems I'm sure they'll understand. Your a dandy camper at heart and are always welcome I love you 
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Sun 18 Aug 2013, 12:06 am

Thank you Helen! Yes I love my Dandy! I love the feeling when you close the door at night and there's no wind! I dressed mine up with quilts, cushions, bunting and fairy lights this time and it was lovely! However I don't think a tin tent is the way for us as OH doesn't like the idea of towing one and I know I couldn't. I can't even step up into the Dandy now without pain - and getting into the bed - well - that was a performance! so it's just got to go. We've been looking at camplets - like a dandy but lighter and easier to put up and no step into the main unit. anyone know anything about them?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 18 Aug 2013, 7:51 am

This is the range of camplets [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They look lovely and fairly simple to put up - although I have seen several couples arguing putting them up ...... one very recent who'd had there's a few years lol!  That's part of camping though, we've had the dandy years and can row putting the awning up Twisted Evil 

Not sure I understand how one will be easier for you to get in and out of bed though ....... if anything I would have thought even more difficult as you would have to get on the bed from the end rather than the side then get into position, I know I'd struggle scratch

Quotes from a Camplet group

Had a very very wet pack up in Normandy on Tuesday morning. Got home and put the camplet up on Wednesday morning, water everywhere. I had to take out all the bedding, mattresses, slats and get them dry in the house. Puddles on both beds that needed towels to mop up. Left it up till this afternoon when i put it all back together again, just managed to put it down before it started raining, talk about timing!

in process of drying out my camplet after a downpour. Taken everytheing out and even moped the unit. Anyone know a spray that stops rust, some of the frame needs attantion, only alittle , to provent further damage.

I'm not trying to put you off buying one but hoping that you'll consider all the pro's and cons before you do to avoid any expensive mistakes ..... I hope there is something out there to suit your abilities but I'm not sure it's a camplet.

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sun 18 Aug 2013, 10:50 am

Dandy Designer For Sale 3208163979  I watched the trailers  what fun love the tool thingy and then saw the way he erected Dandy Designer For Sale 3462454224 Dandy Designer For Sale 3462454224 Dandy Designer For Sale 3462454224 if that was me id be flat on my back with the trailer on me Dandy Designer For Sale 3462454224 Dandy Designer For Sale 3462454224 don't know my own strength ( not the fact i'm no light weight ) definitely a fair weather trailer
    sorry to hear that your Dandy has to go Ali but understandably as the are heavy in comparison to the others on the market and would need the expense of modification to make it disable friendly flower 
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 18 Aug 2013, 10:52 am

Camplets have a sub section on the Combi-Camp forum as they are similar. You might try them for further information. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Watch out for bent poles!

I had a look at resizing your photos of the Dandy as they are a bit small. They just became very grainy so I didn't bother. Any larger photos?
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Sun 18 Aug 2013, 8:12 pm

Shocked  bent poles!  oh no!  will have to watch that!  

I have lots of big pictures and no idea why they came out so small?  Might try again. - Just tried clicking on a photo and it expands into the original size!
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Sun 18 Aug 2013, 8:49 pm

Hi Ali, I am reasonably fit and i am finding it hard to set up the Dandy, so i can sympathise with you
    I have just bought a combi camp family, which i find is very quick and easy to setup but no bells and whistles like the Dandy, and if wet you would have open it to dry out when you get home.
    I haven't used the combi yet so hope it doesn't leak lol Smile 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 1:26 pm