Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
fearful wizard
Tow Itch
stevie9398
7 posters

kitchen top

stevie9398

kitchen top Empty kitchen top

Post by stevie9398 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 7:36 pm

Good evening

I wondered if anyone could help me with regards to the kitchen hob/sink unit. Ours lifts into place but there's nothing to stop it sliding about. The info supplied by Riva mentions stops to help locate it but there are none on our Dandy. Is there normally stops?

I'm thinking of using small rubber floor stops screwed into the base unit; thought I'd check to see what others had first.

Steve
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

kitchen top Empty Re: kitchen top

Post by Tow Itch Mon 09 Sep 2013, 8:18 pm

Unfortunately I'm away this week in a Dandy with a non standard kitchen.
    As I've never had a problem I've not looked too closely. The kitchen goes on or over the mid cupboard and they do lock together.
    As the mid section is the most flimsy and therefore likely to be damaged. Is your mid section non standard?
    It should be the front and 2 hinged sides. The rear then slotting into two split hinge plates.
    Is this anything like yours?
    A picture or two would be worth 1,000 words here.
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Mon 09 Sep 2013, 8:29 pm

Mine had 2 locating dowels, that located into 2 holes in the front of the fold up unit. Pete
    navver

Post by navver Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:10 pm

Mines a 2005 dark blue and has 2 little dowels in the top of the middle tier which go into holes in the bottom of the kitchen. They really don't work though for some reason as mine moves round as well. You need to line the top up carefully to make sure the dowels are in the holes.
    tribalkev
    tribalkev

Post by tribalkev Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:18 pm

As previous have said a picture can replace a thousand words, my dandy 6 was supplied with wooden stops on the section that joins the cooker/sink to the middle unit but no stops for the middle section to join onto the bottom/fixed cupboard.

The stops for the top and middle section are merely wooden batons and the previous owner retro fitted 2 x Allen bolts(onto the fixed cupboard) to locate the mid section to the fixed/bottom cupboard, with corresponding holes drilled into the base of the middle cupboard to locate it, not ideal but better than nothing.

I am putting my dandy up this weekend for a good clean inside so will take some photos to illustrate.
    stevie9398

Post by stevie9398 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:00 pm

Sorry I should clarify, it's a high sided Riva with fridge.  The hob/sink lifts onto the worktop above the sink/cupboard but it's fairly slippery and tends to move when using it, Steve

Two pictures as requested

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    stevie9398

Post by stevie9398 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:01 pm

Apologies, just noticed my first post - I didn't say what Dandy we have; it's a Dimension.

Steve
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:32 pm

Absolutely no idea what it should have but what about the high grip sheeting that gets used in cars in dash "well" areas to stop things sliding around.
    Don't know what it's called but probably available from Poundland or similar.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 10 Sep 2013, 8:51 am

This is the stuff, we use it to stop stuff moving in transit and to stop the dogs bowl sliding all over the kitchen floor tiles while he's eating it and works well ....... you could probably find it cheaper elsewhere though. It can be cut to size and comes in really handy for all sorts

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    stevie9398

Post by stevie9398 Tue 10 Sep 2013, 8:24 pm

Thanks for the ideas. I'll get hold of some matting and give it a try

Steve
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Wed 11 Sep 2013, 10:03 pm

Our highside Destiny is the same, the hob/sink unit just sits on top with no locating aids. We haven't found it to be a problem as the top surface has a coarse finish that seems to prevent it sliding around. Perhaps yours has a more smooth finish.

The only problem I find is lining up the waste drain pipe. We haven't got the drop down door under the sink and it's a bit of a job reaching up to attach the waste - I keep expecting it to fall off and lead to flooding the cupboard underneath, but it hasn't happened yet - touch wood Smile

Out of interest how does your over-window shelf attach? It doesn't appear to use the same 'hook' brackets as the smaller Dandys. I noticed your other thread regarding LED lights and fancy fitting a couple of spotlights but the Destiny doesn't have the shelf so I'd need to make something up.
    stevie9398

Post by stevie9398 Thu 19 Sep 2013, 9:37 pm

Peridot

Yes the shelf attaches over the top of the wall on smaller Dandies doesn't it. Mine has saddle brackets screwed to the back of the shelf at either end. These drop over the top of two opposing brackets that screw Directly into the wall above the window. Riva sell the saddle brackets and I'd think Ian would probably be able to supply the ones that go into the wall. I don't know if it matters exactly where into the wall you can screw them into?

Steve
    navver

Post by navver Thu 19 Sep 2013, 10:17 pm

My 2005 designer shelf fits like that as well. Perhaps Riva ones rather than small ones fit that way.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:28 pm

stevie9398 wrote:Peridot

Yes the shelf attaches over the top of the wall on smaller Dandies doesn't it.  Mine has saddle brackets screwed to the back of the shelf at either end.  These drop over the top of two opposing brackets that screw Directly into the wall above the window.  Riva sell the saddle brackets and I'd think Ian would probably be able to supply the ones that go into the wall.  I don't know if it matters exactly where into the wall you can screw them into?

Steve
    Thanks for that Steve, I had a bit of a tap around the area over the windows when I was away last weekend and there appeared to be a number of locations with the metal framework structure underneath that I could attach some brackets to.

I have a few of these in the toolbox. They interlock to provide a removable mounting. Might give them a go for a shelf.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 06 May 2024, 6:01 pm