Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

You Tube Disco

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

You Tube Disco Empty You Tube Disco

Post by Tow Itch Tue 05 Nov 2013, 11:11 am

I love YouTube possibly because I have a mind that can remember jingles from adverts and I loved and was terrified in equal measure by public information films. Before I properly understood YouTube I even spent £50.00 something pounds with the British Film Institute to get a copy of a public information film no one but me seemed to remember.

Last week I placed two clips into the thread on films I apologise they were off topic but Ill now use them to kick this off.

Do you remember this theme.

Last week I went round to friends for a meal and we played YouTube Disco. It's either based on a given subject or whatever your mind takes you to from the previous film.

So to start this off I'll respond to my own clip.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

You Tube Disco Empty Re: You Tube Disco

Post by Tow Itch Tue 05 Nov 2013, 11:48 am

So in this case I'm going for the link of Current affairs TV programmes and to my mind only one other current affairs programme  had an equally powerful, or more powerful tune.

Weekend World with the theme Nantucket Sleighride by Mountain

So from this you might continue with the theme from This Week  pap par pap pap par par pap pap par par pap par pap pap I see there is no career for me in notating music!

The full piece Nantucket Sleighride

The man who produced the series he was quite famous.

You could even find clips on any of the three main presenters who also were famous too.

Or you could go in a completely different direction.

As an example of how much it can jerk your memory I was only thinking of writing the name of one of the presenters when I remembered a TV documentary they did on "The Troubles" in Northern Ireland. I remembered watching a scene where debris was being shoveled into a plastic bag. I then realised what that piece of debris was. One of only two occasions that I have visibly recoiled at what I saw on TV. Don't worry I made sure that there was no excerpt from that on YouTube or I'd have chosen a different start point.
    Hopefully your mental links are happier. What do the last 2 clips OK 3 clips make you think of?

Last edited by Tow Itch on Tue 05 Nov 2013, 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lower case r required)
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Wed 06 Nov 2013, 11:54 pm

I think I've got the hang of it rabbit 

But I am going to go off in a different direction. Mention of LWT reminded me of a series that I remember as being one of my favourite television programmes in the '70s. Thinking about it now made me wonder what a young lad at that time found of interest in a costume drama - it can't just have been Lesley-Anne Down can it? tongue 

Then I had a look for a clip on YouTube and I realised why I liked it - because it was bloody brilliant cheers . Looks like all the episodes are on there so that's going to keep me busy over the cold winter evenings Cool 

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 07 Nov 2013, 5:50 am

I was quite young but loved upstairs downstairs, not sure if I have the hang of this thread yet but I am enjoying watching the video's and they bring back memories. This was one if my favourites, bad special effects compared to what we have now but they tried Twisted Evil and at that time 1999 was a long way off ...... we didn't quite get this far with our space exploration Laughing 

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 07 Nov 2013, 6:32 am

Dont know if i have it right but this came to mind

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 07 Nov 2013, 7:08 am

Another change of direction, have to smile at this Very Happy 

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 07 Nov 2013, 7:04 pm

What I was or am hoping for is a link from the previous item to the next.

So from Helen's Space 1999 I could have gone to Mission Impossible because it starred Martin Landau and Barbara Bain. I could have gone to The Protectors because it starred Tony Anholt was made by  Gerry and Sylvia Anderson and it too had a Barry Gray theme. Personally I would have gone for UFO  as it was a G&S Anderson production had a Barry Gray theme and also part of it occurred in the same place. Moonbase Alpha.

From Quatermass and the pit I probably would have gone for Quatermass 4 where the project moved from the BBC to ITV for that show also it would have linked with the earlier London Weekend Television Logo as London was a unique TV region it was split between LWT and Thames Television. Quatermass 4 was made by Thames.

From there I might have gone Magpie or The Sweeney both Thames TV series of my youth or perhaps to University Challenge or more likely Auf Wiedersehen Pet both these series went from ITV to the BBC but Auf Wiedersehen Pet might feature the Central TV logo which was one of the new ITV companies that came into existence when companies like LWT and Thames got the boot.

So it's whatever connection you can make (or occurs in your own mind) but the more connections you can make to the previous item or to other items already mentioned the more cred points you get.

So from Open All Hours To Danger Mouse

Just the David Jason connection well that and the BBC bought the episodes off ITV

Oh and a personal reason to choose a mate of mine has a sadly departed brother who animated for Cosgrove Hall and worked on Dangermouse.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Fri 08 Nov 2013, 12:48 am; edited 3 times in total
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 07 Nov 2013, 7:29 pm

So from danger mouse to Screen Test or Brian Trueman.

Brian was a voice over artist for many of the Cosgrove Hall Productions but he was so much more. Though Screen test was a BBC production Brian was best known in the Northwest as himself, be that as a TV journalist,  producer, narrator or interviewer. Though he does have an acting credit from 1957 as well in IMDB.

Do you remember any of these  Scene at 6.30, 6.01, Disappearing World, Cinema or A House For The Future.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Thu 07 Nov 2013, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 07 Nov 2013, 7:40 pm

It's also perfectly reasonable to have banal links. From Brian Trueman To Fred Trueman and The Indoor League.

Though perhaps both The Indoor League and Brian Trueman are better known in the north.

Having given a couple of examples I'll sign off for now. So I'll Sie the!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 08 Nov 2013, 11:38 am

oops sorry I think I get it now ...... then again this is only a short clip but it's what sprang to mind from the last one Laughing 

I watched this happen with my pop and it was amazing

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 08 Nov 2013, 12:46 pm

Well ime not following that with a 69 clip affraid 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 01 May 2024, 11:01 pm