Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

hitch and drawshaft

Haggis123

hitch and drawshaft Empty hitch and drawshaft

Post by Haggis123 Thu 08 May 2014, 6:15 pm

Returning to my destiny and two years off due to ill health I find that the drawshaft does not extend/retract as it used to despite applying copious amounts of wd40.
    Do I need to replace it? If so how do I go abount doing that.

any suggestions gratefully received

Mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

hitch and drawshaft Empty Re: hitch and drawshaft

Post by Helen Thu 08 May 2014, 6:56 pm

This thread may be of help [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sorry I can't help more but someone who can will no doubt be along soon and apologies that the word damper is in red but that's what I searched for as I actually remembered we had a thread relating to it Laughing

ps Welcome to the Dandy Campers forum  hitch and drawshaft 1217042266 
    navver

Post by navver Thu 08 May 2014, 10:13 pm

You may be able to strip & clean it. There are a couple of grease nipples as well. As you push it in and out you cannot make it move over its full travel as it is also operating the brake. Either disconnect the brake or strip it completely.

I stripped mine and it wasn't too dificult. Getting the bolt through the damper was the hardest as you have to push it in and then push the bolt through as the damper extends under pressure. Took a few goes at that.

This site has some good pics of it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 6:51 pm