Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

July Anyone?

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

July Anyone? Empty July Anyone?

Post by Tow Itch Sat 31 May 2014, 11:43 am

Bar January I've not camped this year yet. Not been up to it. I'm away the last weekend of June so looking to do a bit more in July.
    No definite plans I'm open to anything so suggestions please be it going to an event or just a group camp.
    We haven't even organised the usual birthday bash in June. So anyone fancy a late birthday do this year.
    What do you fancy?
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

July Anyone? Empty Re: July Anyone?

Post by peridot Wed 04 Jun 2014, 10:59 pm

We've found it hard to get motivated this year. Had a lot of other stuff on and the miserable weather hasn't helped.

Just booked for what may well be our first trip of the year at the end of July. We're going to the Sunday of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in North Devon. We're camping off the festival site and will stay around for a day or two afterwards.

It's a new one and I wouldn't normally go to the first year of a new event as the organisation is highly likely to fall apart. I also dislike festivals that allow day trippers in as it tends to spoil the atmosphere, so I'm being a complete hypocrite. If anyone fancies heading that way it would be great to meet up, although I know the location wouldn't suit many members.

We're away in Portugal (not camping) at the start of August and then at the Green Man festival in the middle, and going to the C&CC NFOL in Anglesea at the end of that month.

I'm hoping the end of the season is better than the beginning as I think we'll have more opportunity for weekends away then.

tribalkev
    tribalkev

Post by tribalkev Wed 04 Jun 2014, 11:04 pm

I would absolutely love to make a trip in july but im exceedingly skint at the moment, it seems to be one thing after the next Sad
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 24 Jun 2014, 12:56 am

I do have some intent for the last week in July first weekend in August.

I fancy going to Pickering Traction Engine Rally.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Calling it a traction engine rally is a bit of a misnomer: It's traction engines. Steam trucks. Large vintage and veteran car show. Vintage and veteran bike show. Various old fashioned small "end of pier" shows. Various steam displays, plowing, threshing and a steam saw mill. Various tractors. Tractor pulling. Horse drawn vehicles.
    It's a massive trading area with the biggest car boot I've ever seen. Antiquated farm implement sales. Various car paraphernalia to the equivalent of the best car shows. Other traders, farmers market, craft stalls, antiques and ephemera.
    A full fun fair plus a steam driven fun fair as well.
    Alas there is also the damned steam organs although you can escape the sound of these honestly.

There are issues though the major one being the pay for camping is grim unless it has improved beyond recognition.

I did phone a couple of weeks ago to see if there was a deal to be done viz a viz camping as a display of classic campers. I might have even dug The Green Un Out. Alas they didn't get back to me and I left it. I have no intention of paying £90.00 for camping. That is £70.00 more than my access pass for the weekend or £50.00 more than a pass for a couple. I think it would be far better to spend money camping elsewhere. There is a lovely campsite closeby but I'm not sure about vacancies. Now there is another site that looks especially appealing about 6 miles away which is not as convenient if you want to attend everyday and for sure effects things if you want to pop over in the evening.
    I might take the rudimentary camp if the price was right but I think most of you lot would prefer nicer facilities.
    Well I'm away for a week why not have a look on UK Campsie or similar for nearby campsites and see what you fancy, if anything.

It is a stupendous show but to give you a clue as to why I'm not too suprised at a lack of contact. Look at the relationship between a previous owner and probably the current co-ordinator with the exhibitors.

It did get all daft and pricey when they wanted to start showing evening entertainment and wanted to charge for it. I think they have abandoned this completely with last years entertainers not exactly being world famous but very novel all the same. They were not too well attended though.  

I wouldn't have shown the dodgy bits if I wasn't so taken with it being a brilliant show.
    All the above and black peas as well. A true gastronomic delight for you southern types.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 24 Jun 2014, 9:55 pm

Stop press I got a phone call tonight from the organiser.
    There is no problem about commercial vehicles if he has been spoken to. So Chris would have been alright and not pursued as a prospective gas cylinder thief. (You had to be at the Welsh camp to understand this.
    While I think a quality campsite might be desired by most of you if a cheap camp is wanted the option to camp as a display on the exhibition field would be £25.00 (or so) per unit including admission. this is also a more secure option than camping on the general campsite.
    This might be an idea for next year as there are ways to sort out showers and improve sanitation.
    It's a quality show and there are not many shows that we could group attend that are dog friendly which may be important to a few of you.

Nice place to exhibit a type 3 Cazz..........
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 10 Jul 2014, 5:30 pm

Obviously appeals to everyone.
    I'm still keen on going not sure where I'll camp yet give me a shout if interested.
    tribalkev
    tribalkev

Post by tribalkev Fri 11 Jul 2014, 12:12 am

I am off to the Cheshire steam fair in Daresbury tomorow, bargain price of £35 for the weekend including camping on Friday, Sat and Sunday night and entrance to the steam fair for 2 Adults and 3 Kids, bargain for a family and not a bad price for couples, they do a few fairs around Cheshire and Yorkshire [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Will report back as the prices are resonable and seems a lot packed in, they have one in astle park in cheshire in Aug too and electric hook up is also available

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 2:07 am