Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+4
navver
rabbitlover
sue
mike
8 posters

Small Dandy Wanted

sue

Small Dandy Wanted Empty Small Dandy Wanted

Post by sue Thu 25 Dec 2014, 2:17 am

Hi

I would like to buy a small Dandy camper, preferably not too far from Yorkshire.  It is only for myself so must be reasonably easy to put up.  It could be used in colder weather so insulation would be good.  

I only intend to use it for overnight stops, preferably on sites with facilities and hook ups.  I don't need an awning or to be able to cook.  I basically need somewhere to sleep that is not in contact with the ground LOL.

I am interested in a Dandy because of the insulation and because they can be packed damp if necessary.

Basically I don't really like camping so it need to be easy to use and fit in my garage.

Weight is irrelevant as I am used to towing large trailers and drive a Defender.

Anyone know of anything

Thanks

Sue
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Small Dandy Wanted Empty Re: Small Dandy Wanted

Post by mike Thu 25 Dec 2014, 9:47 am

Small Dandy Wanted 1217042266 and good luck with your search,sounds like you need Dandy Dart,a word of warning though the next few months when not many are being sold will see a fair bit of rubbish on offer.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 25 Dec 2014, 9:58 am

Dont know how much knowledge you have of dandys but this is a dart,if you look at the inside walls they are blue and white if it had been insulated they would have been white,the exception being the few white exterior dandys that are about can be white inside but not insulated,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    sue

Post by sue Thu 25 Dec 2014, 10:41 am

Thank you, I will get someone who knows more to come with me when I find one Very Happy

Yes the ad on preloved says only the roof is insulated, so I will watch for that.

rabbitlover
    rabbitlover

Post by rabbitlover Fri 26 Dec 2014, 8:19 pm

We have an uninsulated delta which is cosy enough in cold weather, we have been below freezing, we just use a small fan heater. I suspect all over insulation may make it heavier to put up. You may want to look at one with gas struts fitted. It's just a case of weighing up which factors matter most. Good luck with your search you might even enjoy camping. It's made a big difference to us.
    Judith
    navver

Post by navver Sat 27 Dec 2014, 3:43 pm

All the dandies have an insulated roof. It's only the side walls by the beds which are not on some.

You may find a gas underfloor heater useful if you camp with no EHU. Some have them fitted, others do not.
    eskidave

Post by eskidave Sun 28 Dec 2014, 3:41 pm

Hi sue . I have a designer which I'm selling . And live in Shipley near Bradford it is fully winterised and has a Riviera underfloor heater . It comes with a full awning has 240v hook up and heaps of other stuff ready for camping , I'm looking for around *£1100 for everything . If this is any help drop me a line
    sue

Post by sue Mon 29 Dec 2014, 9:30 am

eskidave wrote:Hi sue . I have a designer which I'm selling . And live in Shipley near Bradford it is fully winterised and has a Riviera underfloor heater . It comes with a full awning has 240v hook up and heaps of other stuff ready for camping , I'm looking for around *£1100 for everything . If this is any help drop me a line

Hi

Thank you, I could be interested, is this one of the larger one? Would it be possible to come and see it.

Sue
    eskidave

Post by eskidave Mon 29 Dec 2014, 6:03 pm

Hi Sue,

Yes you are more than welcome to view it but I'm away until Wednesday. The Designer is the larger of the small trailers and takes about fifteen minutes to put up. I have some photos so if you want to send me  an email address I can send them to you. Dave
    eskidave

Post by eskidave Wed 31 Dec 2014, 12:08 pm

Hi sue.

This weekend looks like it's going to be dry if you want to have a look at the dandy
    moorsman

Small Dandy Wanted Empty small dandy

Post by moorsman Mon 12 Jan 2015, 6:52 pm

hi i have a smaller dandy for sale needs a few little jobs and a bit of tlc . i was intending to tidy it all up in feb then advertise it but maybe you would be interested ??
    i live near helmsley n.yorks call me if you like on ************
    regards kev

Last edited by Phoenix on Tue 13 Jan 2015, 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Phone number showing)
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Tue 13 Jan 2015, 8:58 pm

We removed the phone number for safety reasons as explained on another thread.
    You are safer to use PM's.
    sue

Post by sue Fri 16 Jan 2015, 5:15 pm

Thanks Moorsman, I have sent you a PM
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 16 Jan 2015, 7:39 pm

Have you made contact yet Sue?

We have sent you a PM.
    sue

Post by sue Sat 24 Jan 2015, 12:08 pm

Thank you Very Happy

I'm still looking for a Dandy. Unfortunately I haven't managed to arrange to see any of those offered yet, so still looking Very Happy
    moorsman

Small Dandy Wanted Empty small dandy offered

Post by moorsman Sun 08 Feb 2015, 10:31 am

hi sue
    i still have my dandy if you are interested unfortunatly i have lost your contact details.
    things are a bit less hectic for me now so if you would like to view please get in touch

email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Frannyfranfran

Post by Frannyfranfran Wed 25 Mar 2015, 8:27 pm

eskidave, you don't, by any chance, still have your Dandy Designer for sale?
    eskidave

Post by eskidave Thu 26 Mar 2015, 12:38 pm

No sorry

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 7:35 am