Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
vickoir
Laura
Helen
7 posters

Solar shower

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Solar shower Empty Solar shower

Post by Helen Sun 24 Jul 2011, 12:14 pm

I suppose these are not much use in winter months but doe's anyone know how good they are over summer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Laura
    Laura

Solar shower Empty Re: Solar shower

Post by Laura Sun 24 Jul 2011, 12:27 pm

Not seen these before mum but it will make it easy to wash evie because the camp showers can be to hot for a baby. We use the washin up bowl to sit her in but she is getting to big for it now. With this we could stand her in it and hose her down lol!
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 24 Jul 2011, 12:33 pm

i have seen these used by some of the marines i used to work with but that was in the middle east so they were quite effective in uk think you probably need a good full day of sunshine just to get it warm enough for the little one it would be luke warm for us unless the technology has gotten more efficient over the last 5-10 years
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 24 Jul 2011, 12:40 pm

Think you may be better in england with a bucket of warm water and a 12 volt shower,or like me use a site with showers lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 24 Jul 2011, 12:45 pm

Just take a small watering can with you Laura and go and fill it up at the sinks with warm water. Very Happy
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 24 Jul 2011, 1:03 pm

don't know about solar ones but a friend of mine has used a camping shower that you put hot water from the kettle in and mix with cold. She said it was very good but then she camps without electricity in the middle of nowhere lol
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 24 Jul 2011, 1:06 pm

Was it a large watering can eilis Solar shower 3498837457
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 24 Jul 2011, 1:10 pm

quite a cool set up actually, they had a bag very similar to the solar one and it held about the same amount of water too i think.

personally i'd rather use the site showers lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 24 Jul 2011, 1:17 pm

If you have little ones though sometimes its easier not to use the camp showers as Laura says they can be too hot, or if your stuck in the middle of a basic field without showers and only toilets then would they would do to wash your hair.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 24 Jul 2011, 2:06 pm

Dear All

Must admit to having bought one but only because it was on offer at threppence hapney.
    Did then realise not only does it have to be supported above you but that it weighs (20Kg) When full.
    Hot water added to a 1/2 full water container with one of these [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Looks a better option.

Kevin.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 24 Jul 2011, 2:15 pm

Did the water even warm up Kevin or did you get a shock affraid
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Solar shower Empty Showering the baby

Post by Lol and Steve Sun 24 Jul 2011, 2:36 pm

Hi Laura,

When dandy camping in Anglesey many moons ago when my 19 year old son was a toddler, the showers were really hot and a caravan owner very kindly lent us their baby bath that they kept for when their grand daughter visited.

It was a god send and we took a baby bath with us every time we camped when the kids were little, as a lot of the time even if the shower isn't too hot it is usually high up on the wall and nearly drowns the kids when they are under it.

We just put it in the shower, filled it then added the required amount of cold water and it worked well.

You can use it to put things in when packing and just put it under the bed when not in use.

Our little grandson is one and when he comes with us we will be taking a baby bath with us once again, as we found this is the best way of getting the little ones washed, you can even do it in the awning if she is scared of the shower, providing you don't mind a bit of spillage as they do like to splash.

lol!

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 24 Jul 2011, 2:45 pm

i've also seen people use those cheap paddling pools as they are really easy to store and the kids love them too Smile
    Laura
    Laura

Post by Laura Sun 24 Jul 2011, 2:47 pm

Thanks that's a good idea and we already have a baby bath, we can take out one of the plastic boxes we take and use the bath instead. Last time we bathed her in a big washing up bowl and she did used to fit it but when we went away for our second dandy trip she had grown so couldn't sit down in it. It was cold so we put a plastic sheet on the floor inside the dandy and put the heater on. We will do what you say and put the bath in the awning as she does splash a lot but I am sure I have seen an inflatable baby bath on sale somwhere. lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 24 Jul 2011, 2:49 pm

Eilis wrote:i've also seen people use those cheap paddling pools as they are really easy to store and the kids love them too Smile

If you use them as a shower base with a 12volt shower you can then use the shower to pump the water out,one of those and helens inflatable shower enclosures and you have cracked it.

mike
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 24 Jul 2011, 2:52 pm

mike wrote:
    Eilis wrote:i've also seen people use those cheap paddling pools as they are really easy to store and the kids love them too Smile

If you use them as a shower base with a 12volt shower you can then use the shower to pump the water out,one of those and helens inflatable shower enclosures and you have cracked it.

mike

tell you what mike, you bring all this to the meet in sept and we'll watch you set it up and then copy you lol!
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 24 Jul 2011, 2:57 pm

Laura wrote:Thanks that's a good idea and we already have a baby bath, we can take out one of the plastic boxes we take and use the bath instead. Last time we bathed her in a big washing up bowl and she did used to fit it but when we went away for our second dandy trip she had grown so couldn't sit down in it. It was cold so we put a plastic sheet on the floor inside the dandy and put the heater on. We will do what you say and put the bath in the awning as she does splash a lot but I am sure I have seen an inflatable baby bath on sale somwhere. lol!

or you could use the plastic box as bath,
    i used one to have a strip wash in once when i went to a festival then cleaned and dried it and sored the stuff back in it with lid back on it also was turned upside down and used as a table at same festival Smile
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 24 Jul 2011, 2:59 pm

Actually if you use the temporary campsites that don't have any facilities then it's a brilliant idea. The temporary sites are ridiculously cheap so it may be worth getting the bits to make your own shower. Wink
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:14 pm

The trouble with the inflatable baths or inflatable anything is they burst.

If you have already got a baby bath use that, it won't cost you any more and you will be recycling too.

Or do what Vicki did and use the storage box so long as it hasn't got any sharp edges and is big enough.

lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:17 pm

Or do what Vicki did and use the storage box so long as it hasn't got any sharp edges and is big enough.

lol!

The one Vicki uses is big enough lol!
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:19 pm

Lol and Steve wrote:
    The trouble with the inflatable baths or inflatable anything is they burst.

If you have already got a baby bath use that, it won't cost you any more and you will be recycling too.

lol!
    the one i got was from ikea and has rounded corners and sides and the edges are rolled over so no nasty sharp bits cheers
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:40 pm

Hi Vicki,

I use those fold up crates which are full of holes or smallish storage boxes so no good as a bath really, that is why i took a baby bath and just used that for storage instead.

We always use the facilities on the site but once we found ourselves on a site with no showers and had to have strip washes, at the time i just put a plastic tarpaulin down, i never thought of using a storage box so that is a good tip for if we get caught out in the future.

lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:51 pm

And this is why Laura needs to find a way to bath the baby when Dandying, Evie likes to rub her food on her head Laughing

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:52 pm

helen wrote:And this is why Laura needs to find a way to bath the baby when Dandying, Evie likes to rub her food on her head Laughing

Takes after granny then Solar shower 3462454224 Solar shower 3462454224 Solar shower 3462454224
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:57 pm

You know me so well Mike, Solar shower 1710857839 The picture was taken while they were camping in their dandy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 1:25 pm