Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+17
Phoenix
Tow Itch
juliegeorge13
PJ
jake001
ShaunJUK
Cazz
andyandy
wingnut1
abc5575
Caz1960
vessey44
Nick
kellyb1981
mike
vickoir
hakuna matata
21 posters

Items wanted by members

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Items wanted by members - Page 3 Empty Re: Items wanted by members

Post by Helen Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:04 am

There are occasional meets organised here Ella ..... not so organised as get togethers so very informal Very Happy

Ellaxx

Post by Ellaxx Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:41 am

Helen wrote:There are occasional meets organised here Ella ..... not so organised as get togethers so very informal  Very Happy

That sounds good to me Helen..

Just looked at the YouTube video looks lovely where is it?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 01 Oct 2014, 3:57 pm

That one was at a site called Dinarth hall at Rhos on sea, very close the Llandudno ...... great location but rubbish facilities, it can also prove expensive if you have children.

This one was at Woodhall spa which was an absolutely beautiful site called Petwood

Ellaxx

Post by Ellaxx Wed 01 Oct 2014, 6:38 pm

Helen wrote:That one was at a site called Dinarth hall at Rhos on sea, very close the Llandudno ...... great location but rubbish facilities, it can also prove expensive if you have children.  

This one was at Woodhall spa which was an absolutely beautiful site called Petwood

They both look lovely, do any of them have EHU?

Looks like you had a good turn out Smile
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:12 pm

Both have EHU Ella but are in different leagues, Petwood at Woodhall Spa has all the frills and is immaculate.
    Ellaxx

Post by Ellaxx Fri 03 Oct 2014, 8:47 am

Helen wrote:Both have EHU Ella but are in different leagues, Petwood at Woodhall Spa has all the frills and is immaculate.

Great. Let me no if you have a meet next year, it would be lovely to meet everyone and there dandys. Don't think it will matter where in uk it is although Scotland and Devon would be a bit far for a weekend lol

The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Fri 03 Oct 2014, 4:41 pm

Helen wrote:That one was at a site called Dinarth hall at Rhos on sea, very close the Llandudno ...... great location but rubbish facilities, it can also prove expensive if you have children.  

Totally agree Helen Rhos on Sea is badly let down by the facilities which is such a shame as its a great location. Pet wood at Woodhall Spa is a great site, would happily go there again.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 04 Oct 2014, 1:42 am

Ellaxx wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote:Didn't see but a brighter comment on the provenance of the unit by Phoenix.

Hi Thanks for that, I think I may keep what I have unless a whole unit pops up one day Smile.....

The wires at the side are for a battery, At the side of the cupboard is 3 12v sockets.

The tap folds down at the side and has a electric pump, not sure if any of it works yet as I have no battery.

I do have a cooker that sits on top it was given to me when I brought it.

There is no cupboard over the other side maybe this got damaged and was thrown away, I don't no but I think I will make something for over the wheel arch.
    There is no underfloor heating either,this one is very basic to be honest but I do have a double bunk bed which I don't think many have if anyone Smile

Also to answer the question of how a dandy come about. Originally I was looking for a trailer tent, as I had one about 6/7 years ago,so thought I would see what was about on ebay ect..then I came across folding campers love them but at the price of some of them and knowing I would have to dry them out each time made me not want to pay a lot for one and let's be honest weather in England isn't always great and 9 times out of 10 it's going to be damp or wet. But once I saw the dandy which was just browsing one of the sites I fell in love lol, I was hooked on getting one but budget ment I had to look for a older one, at the time I was looking and the lowest priced ones were about £1000. Apart from the odd mega cheap one that pop on ebay for 10 seconds before someone snapped it up.
    I got mine off someone on the fb dandy group and paid £450 for it so I think I got a bargain
    They are fantastic!
    If you would like to see what I have done so far I have a album on the dandy fb group

Unfortunately we can't go away in it this year as we have no towbar, but can't wait for next year and would be lovely to go on a dandy meet to see everyone else's dandy,(do you need to be in the dandy club to go on meets?
    Thank you for getting back to me all, I'm sure I will have many more questions for you Smile

Hi Thanks for that, I think I may keep what I have unless a whole unit pops up one day Smile.....
    Well I for one think what you have is quite lovely but if you are insistent that you need a new top unit and don't see anything suitable speak to me if we should be having a meet. I might have one to one side if a suitable deal can be sorted and taking to a meet saves postage.

The wires at the side are for a battery, At the side of the cupboard is 3 12v sockets.

The tap folds down at the side and has a electric pump, not sure if any of it works yet as I have no battery.
    All well fine and Dandy(ouch) but lets get you camping first and check out that what you have suits you. As you were asking about whether the sites had EHU why would you bother about a battery? If you have loads of 12V kits in addition to the water pump then all that is needed is a battery charger (£10.00 car boot sale) and any dying or dead lead acid battery to smooth out the flow. If not loads of kit just pour the water from a container. Loads of campers have no respect for 12V after all it's only 12V. It's not going to give you an electric shock but is a really good tool for causing fires. At least one (if not more) Dandy user has had a close escape. While on EHU why would anyone use their own gas to keep warm at night? Stck a convector heater in and it's toasty all night long.  

As for price I have seen brown 6s come up for next to nothing but what is £150.00? If yours works and you're happy with it then far better that than one a bit cheaper where you miss a fault and it costs £££s

If you would like to see what I have done so far I have a album on the dandy fb group
    Of course I'd love to see what you have done as I'm sure others would.
    Some of the world (hint me) just doesn't do social media though. If you can successfully post pictures from other than the iphone that would be great. Otherwise you might ask Helen to oblige or you could email the pictures and any suitable text to dandycampers (at) live.com If you then tell us you have done that one of us will host the pictures for you.
    I'm really peeved I can't find the pictures of Caz's 6 but she should be back online soon to provide those. It might not be your cup of tea but I think she has had some great ideas.

Unfortunately we can't go away in it this year as we have no towbar, but can't wait for next year and would be lovely to go on a dandy meet to see everyone else's dandy,(do you need to be in the dandy club to go on meets?
    You do need to be in the Dandy Owners Club to go on their meets but we're not them. We're quite open while Dandy based, if you own a Dandy are looking to buy a Dandy are turning up with someone who owns a Dandy or are a Dandycampers member who through infirmity of body or mind has been tempted to the dark side and bought a tin tent then you are still good with us. See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Don't be thinking about stoves and bits un pieces get a tow bar fitted and even winter camping is more than possible especially if you are on EHU  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Damn and blast can't find another photo. Nick and Vicky camping with half a foot of snow on their Designer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Why not have a trawl  of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] section to look at places where we have camped or not.

We will have to make a better fist at camping for 2015 than we did this year.
    Ellaxx

Post by Ellaxx Sat 04 Oct 2014, 1:55 pm

Thanks Tow itch that's very kind of you about the kitchen unit...I think I will keep for now and just see how I get on. I Won't no untill I've tried it.

Are lesiure batteries really dangerous? Your the first to mention this but glad you did so I'm awear.

To be honest I am not all that fussed about 12v I have a light for it and the tap but like you said it's not a big deal to just use a bottle to fill that up and I have electric lights too.

I have 3 children 17,13,and 18 months. So EHU will be needed.

I am overly cautious about gas for heating,so I'm glad I have no heater with the dandy and I won't buy one either. I have a fan heater and I'm considering buying a oiled filled radiator.

Would be nice to see this picture your on about. Find it quick! Lol

My laptop is playing up at the moment but when I sort it out I will try and get the picture on here.

I don't mind going when it's a bit chilly. First thing first and get a tow bar sorted Smile
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Sat 04 Oct 2014, 8:49 pm

Not sure what pictures of Caz Nos you are looking for Mr Itch?

There are some here, post no 33.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is this the one of Nick and Vicky's you are trying to find?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Ellaxx

Post by Ellaxx Sat 04 Oct 2014, 9:10 pm

Yep caz's camper is lovely, and I love the wall art Smile

Wow snowed in dandy lol. Would love to do it but not sure I would dare to in the snow with children.
    How great tho.

Thank you Phoenix Smile
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 05 Oct 2014, 12:33 am

Thanks Phoenix those were the pictures by Caz that I wanted. The whole effect of the wallpaper and painted ends is amazing and it does so much to lighten up a brown 6.

The picture of Nick and Vicky's Dandy shows how the mind plays tricks I remembered it as covered in snow.  

Ellaxx wrote:Thanks Tow itch that's very kind of you about the kitchen unit...I think I will keep for now and just see how I get on. I Won't no untill I've tried it.

Are lesiure batteries really dangerous? Your the first to mention this but glad you did so I'm awear.

To be honest I am not all that fussed about 12v I have a light for it and the tap but like you said it's not a big deal to just use a bottle to fill that up and I have electric lights too.

I am overly cautious about gas for heating,so I'm glad I have no heater with the dandy and I won't buy one either. I have a fan heater and I'm considering buying a oiled filled radiator.

Would be nice to see this picture your on about. Find it quick! Lol

My laptop is playing up at the moment but when I sort it out I will try and get the picture on here.

I don't mind going when it's a bit chilly. First thing first and get a tow bar sorted Smile

Thanks Tow itch that's very kind of you about the kitchen unit...I think I will keep for now and just see how I get on. I Won't no untill I've tried it.
    It wasn't kind it came as a package deal with something I definitely wanted. I do think you should stick with what you have.

Dangerous isn't necessarily the term I'd use but I'm not sure what is. It's more about respect, every day you drive a vehicle of between 1 and 2 tonnes at various speeds every week you top it up with highly flammable fuels if you use petrol. You use mains electric at home and LPG when camping. Would you say these things are dangerous? Can all these things not easily kill you? It's just that lots of campers discount the dangers of 12V and it is very capable of causing fires. Try reading through [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and to reiterate all batteries should hve a fuse as near as possible and I favour fuses on both terminals to give a second second chance. I think it's just a lack of respect of 12V
    Battery shorting videos:
    Why if you're left handed and married you can cook a finger off [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Annoying over excitable  8 year old  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_paNq6PDw4
    When things seriously short [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  

As an obvious uncaring and intolerant non parent why? Two of your kids are teenagers and if push comes to shove probably more rugged than you and as for the 18 month year old [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Hopefully you might recognise this is somewhat tounge in cheek but as a vehicle to wean the elders off games and social media might be an idea.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend you buying an external gas heater both safety and condensation issues but the Riviera heaters are top banana. Then again why would you use a gas heater if on EHU. Use the electric you have already paid for. The fan heater is great if you can cope with the noise. Oil heaters are both heavy and a bit anemic, convector heaters are light and silent.
    Ellaxx

Post by Ellaxx Sun 05 Oct 2014, 10:00 am

I am not against taking my children in the cold weather, I think it's good for them,to be out and about. which is one of the reasons for getting the camper in the first place. As long as I have EHU for a heater Smile

I had no idea about leisure batteries and how they work so thank you for the information I'm a bit more wiser Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 7:08 pm