Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+4
Eilis
Helen
mike
Keith
8 posters

Caught someone "inspecting" our Dandy

Keith
    Keith

Caught someone "inspecting" our Dandy Empty Caught someone "inspecting" our Dandy

Post by Keith Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:57 am

I took wifey to the doctors this morning, and then nipped to Morrisons, on getting back to our house there was a Transit pickup parked right by our drive and two men on their knees looking at our Dandy, when I challenged them as to what they were doing they asked do I want the old trailer moving, I replied no we use it they said ok and left, I should add that they had "that" accent as featured on Channel 4 wedding shows.

So despite the fact there is a hitchlock and a wheel clamp I moved the trailer to a slighlty more awkward position on our drive and also removed a wheel.

We think that if we had been a little longer it would have gone.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Caught someone "inspecting" our Dandy Empty Re: Caught someone "inspecting" our Dandy

Post by mike Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:07 pm

Some right thieving *********** out there just pleased you got back in time.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Caught someone "inspecting" our Dandy Empty Re: Caught someone "inspecting" our Dandy

Post by Helen Thu 15 Sep 2011, 1:03 pm

A friend of ours had a folding camper stolen from the drive a few years ago now, they also had a hitchlock on it and it went during the day. Neighbours saw it pushed onto the back of a truck and thought they had sold it Evil or Very Mad Ours is currently evicted from the garage and is on the drive, as an added precaution we have chained it to the box section frame of the carport ............ the sooner it's back in the garage the better.
    So pleased you got home when you did Smile
    Keith
    Keith

Post by Keith Thu 15 Sep 2011, 1:19 pm

I do wish we had somewhere a little better to keep it, we don't have a garage and can't get it round the back. Storing it on a local farm isn't an option either as the ones locally offer no security.

My wife suggested renting a storage container as an option but at £60.00 a month seems a little excessive but if it turns out to be the case then so be it.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Thu 15 Sep 2011, 1:45 pm

Is there any way you could put up some kind of shed or similar to at least keep it out of sight?

hate thieves, really really hate them
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 15 Sep 2011, 2:02 pm

Ime stuck with mine in the front garden,no front gate as it would have to open onto the road,all i can do is hitchlock and wheel clamp plus insurance,and hope for the best.

mike
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:23 pm

ours is locked in rear yard behind a 8ft high brick wall and steel shutter,we don't have a wheel lock but we have a hitch lock and a big dog Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:35 pm

To quote a well known Sunday evening car programme.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [quote]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I use a council garage to store the Dandy rather than keep it on my drive. It costs just less than £5 per week. Keeps the Dandy dry and stores a few other things as well.
    How secure is it??????

Winter wheels, or old mini wheels drilled and 1/2 filled with concrete.

Kevin.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 20 Sep 2011, 8:56 pm

Lucky you got back in time. It is a worry, there is always someone out there to help their selves to what isn't theirs. Evil or Very Mad
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Caught someone "inspecting" our Dandy Empty don't want to alarm people but!!!!

Post by Caz1960 Mon 26 Sep 2011, 11:53 pm

Crying or Very sad around here if they can take a oil tank full with oil in full daylight any security that we do to our dandy's is no match to them as unfortunately they have come up against it all , our police suggested a alarm with flashing lights to draw attention if its being taken so luckly found a farmer with all the security at his place rents me a corner of his barn... so you were very lucky to get back in time to see them while they were scoping it as if they looked they could have come back

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:36 am