Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Wonder if bookings are down

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Wonder if bookings are down Empty Wonder if bookings are down

Post by mike Thu 15 Sep 2011, 5:58 pm

At the moment i am getting one or two emails a week from the caravan club with special offer bookings,things must be bad.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Wonder if bookings are down Empty Re: Wonder if bookings are down

Post by Eilis Thu 15 Sep 2011, 7:16 pm

that's surprising because i thought more people were camping than going abroad, however, schools are back so there are bound to be fewer people going away
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 07 Oct 2011, 5:42 am

The caravan and camping club had a good start to the rear,the paragraph in blue is interesting

The Camping and Caravanning Club has experienced another bumper Easter weekend (Good Friday to Easter Sunday) as site occupancy increased by 43 per cent compared to the same period in 2010 – mainly due to a surge in tent campers!

Reservations for grass pitches on UK Club Sites increased by 188 per cent compared to Easter last year as the fine British weather saw campers flock to campsites to make the most of sunshine.

There has also been a rise of 134 per cent in Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping bookings over the Easter period.

The news comes just a week after the Club launched ‘Real Richness – The List’, as part of its Get Rich Quick marketing campaign, which has revealed that camping really does make you richer in mind, body and soul.

Over 60 research studies reviewed by leading academics at Liverpool John Moores University and an online survey proved conclusively that those people who camp are happier, have closer family relationships, are healthier, less stressed and are more socially connected.

Robert Louden, Director General was delighted with the news and he said: “It’s been a special few weeks for the Club – our research document has catapulted camping and caravanning into the spotlight and the good weather has only contributed to the growing trend.

“It’s encouraging to see such promising figures and we are confident that this interest will continue to build as the summer season approaches.”
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 07 Oct 2011, 6:47 am

well i must say i find camping the most relaxing type of holiday, once you are all set up you are just away from everything and it's so relaxing instantly

no holiday - no matter how luxurious - has ever made me feel as relaxed

however, i love it when scientists spend years researching stuff we already know lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:00 am

I'm never more relaxed than when I'm camping, and love it when our family gets together. Even my childrens in laws have joined in and it does mean we all got to know each other better rather than just seeing each other on special occasions. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 12:32 pm