Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+7
Helen
Owd Lad
recycle600
Phoenix
Caz1960
Cazz
mike
11 posters

Dandy campers admin team say thankyou

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Dandy campers admin team say thankyou  Empty Dandy campers admin team say thankyou

Post by mike Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:04 pm

Well its been a very short and rewarding journey to reach this point, it has only been four months since the launch and the rewards have been fantastic, we have over 100 members with some really terrific contributions I can't single any out as there are so many ranging from a simple tip to a complete rebuild a sure sign that this is the forum to watch for hints, advice and general good humoured banter.

Our goal was to provide a chat base for ourselves and any enthusiasts who may want to join us,its a bit embarrassing now looking back to the initial seed of an idea, we obviously didn't appreciate the need for a forum like this, we had set ourselves the target of 50 members in the first year, some may think that was low but we limited our expectations due to the fact we were and still are determined to be a dandy focused forum.

With a couple of meets under our belts and another one planned for Christmas this aspect is taking its own direction, meets were never our number one priority with the exception of the Trentfield meet but I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed peaceful and friendly atmosphere at the two I have attended and look forward to many more and the pleasure of meeting new people.

I suppose in some ways we are a unique group of campers with a total disregard for the more traditional folding camper units made of canvas,we are the butt of a few jokes, camping under pvc but the last laugh is always ours when we pack away in the rain and dont have to open up again until we are back on site.

To sum up the admin team would like to extend a huge thank you to the people that have joined us on here and contributed already, remember all dandy enthusiasts (past and future owners) are welcome along with their friends and families , who knows we may convert them when they see the dandy way.

Last edited by Helen on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : peace agreement)
    Cazz
    Cazz

Dandy campers admin team say thankyou  Empty Re: Dandy campers admin team say thankyou

Post by Cazz Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:12 pm

Thank you for making me so welcome. It's nice to meet a group of friendly, helpful and humorous people. Thank you for putting up with my strange questions and not taking the pee, well at least not to my face. lol!
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Dandy campers admin team say thankyou  Empty BIG THANK YOU

Post by Caz1960 Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:27 pm

Dandy campers admin team say thankyou  115684958 Dandy campers admin team say thankyou  115684958 Dandy campers admin team say thankyou  115684958 I joined loads of dandy sites searching for answers ( spare wheel ) but this is THE FIRST "dandy " that is interactive and informative, friendly, funny, sooooooooo helpful, encouraging, and loads more good things to say about this forum and the people on it one big happy family and so looking forward to meeting you all in the summer Dandy campers admin team say thankyou  2792229418 Dandy campers admin team say thankyou  1912976309 a big THANK YOU Dandy campers admin team say thankyou  3517506835
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Dandy campers admin team say thankyou  Empty Re: Dandy campers admin team say thankyou

Post by Phoenix Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:42 pm

Dandy campers admin team say thankyou  2667980805 Dandy campers admin team say thankyou  115684958 Hear Hear, Thank you Admin for creating this forum.
    recycle600
    recycle600

Post by recycle600 Sun 11 Dec 2011, 11:00 am

Yes a nice forum and I hope to convince my missus to try camping in a dandy so perhaps we can bring our little caravan to a meet or two to see if she would like to add one to our collection of camping equipment and then I could get rid of our 2 tents and trailer to make room and free up a spare bedroom for other things.
    Barrie
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 11 Dec 2011, 11:51 am

recycle600 wrote:Yes a nice forum and I hope to convince my missus to try camping in a dandy so perhaps we can bring our little caravan to a meet or two to see if she would like to add one to our collection of camping equipment and then I could get rid of our 2 tents and trailer to make room and free up a spare bedroom for other things.
    Barrie

You would be very welcome Barrie just add you name to any that take your fancy.

mike
    recycle600
    recycle600

Post by recycle600 Sun 11 Dec 2011, 12:53 pm

Thanks for the offer Mike we have taken the cushions out of the caravan for winter but it would not take long to put them back and the caravan is kept on a hookup to keep the leisure battery on a float charge in case I need to move it.
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

Dandy campers admin team say thankyou  Empty Re' Thanks from the Admin Team

Post by Owd Lad Mon 12 Dec 2011, 4:08 pm

It's very nice of you, Mike, to send thanks to all the members but I'd like to be the first to reciprocate and offer the thanks of all the members to a first class admin team for all your hard work. The manner in which the forum came into being is now a matter of history but, perhaps if it hadn't been for the problems and criticism that had preceded its birth, then the admin team wouldn't have been as driven to establish such a friendly and open minded forum. It has been a great pleasure to watch the forum grow and to contribute odd items in my own 'wordy' manner. The level of knowledge among the members alone makes the forum valuable reading but to be able to contribute and receive advice and information from an ever increasing number of nice people is even better. Each member seems to adopt the same ideals as the founders and it's just like being part of close knit community where all your neighbours have a nice word for you, even if the neighbourhood stretches across so many counties. Long may it continue and more power to all of your elbows, especially over the coming festive season when elbow bending is almost compulsory. While we're on the subject Mrs Owd Lad and I would like to offer our heartfelt greetings to one and all for a very Happy Christmas.

Steve
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 12 Dec 2011, 4:21 pm

Thanks for those kind words steve,i never view your contributions as in your words contribute odd items in my own 'wordy' manner. they are as complete as i wish i could make mine,i always come away from writing a review or something similar thinking i should have added this or that.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 12 Dec 2011, 5:10 pm

Thank you for the lovely words Steve, when I read them it made me realise how far we have actually come. It's thanks to the members who contribute that the forum has taken off and we are able to continue to enjoy a more relaxed atmosphere. I know we have a few games going at the moment but the Dandy questions and answers will come thick and fast as soon as winter is over and we are all always learning something new. I love the tips and idea's people offer and also the honest campsite reviews that people share, it means we know where to go or not as leisure time is too precious to waste on a bad site.

Helen

Last edited by Helen on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : peace agreement)
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:11 pm

hear hear Dandy campers admin team say thankyou  1710857839
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:13 pm

hear hear Dandy campers admin team say thankyou  1710857839

and thanks to all of you who have joined contributed and even those who haven't yet posted without you this would not have been possible cheers cheers cheers
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Mon 12 Dec 2011, 7:00 pm

agreed, the forum has come a long way in a short time and that's due to all the members contributing freely and offering advice and support. Plus the great pics of projects that are great to see

I love you
    recycle600
    recycle600

Post by recycle600 Tue 13 Dec 2011, 4:35 pm

A great admin team, but it would be nice for us who have just joined to see who is who in the admin team and put a name to a glass (sorry I mean face) as the people in the pictures shown seem to be obscured. I did not realise that the forum had not been running long or how it came into being except for some isolated comments passed here and there. Great work with much humor which I like. Keep it up
    Barrie
    Dandy campers admin team say thankyou  3870488038

finally made a smiley work
    slipstream
    slipstream

Dandy campers admin team say thankyou  Empty Admin Team Photos

Post by slipstream Tue 13 Dec 2011, 4:47 pm

The Admin Teamphotos can be found here...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

now you'll know who'se who!! Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 13 Dec 2011, 4:51 pm

Meet the Dandy Campers Team

Eilis - moderator ***** Mike - Admin ***** Helen - Admin ***** Nick - Admin ***** Vicki - moderator

recycle600
    recycle600

Post by recycle600 Tue 13 Dec 2011, 5:42 pm

Yep saw them but could not make out all the faces, ie mike??
    Barrie
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 01 Jan 2012, 11:31 am

You can see them on this one but we need some sunglasses Mike Laughing
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Sun 01 Jan 2012, 10:43 pm

Thank you everyone for all your hard work in keeping the site going! Happy new year! Very Happy
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Mon 02 Jan 2012, 12:20 am

OMG I look horrific lol please please save my vanity and do not blow that picture up any further!!!
    but in all seriousness it is a brand new year and I would just like to thank you all for making this site the success it has been I know it has been said before but I think I can speak for all the admin team when I say we had no idea that by this point in time we would have so many member's regular contributors and browsers alike who have made this the friendly forum it has become
    here's to more happy dandy camping in 2012

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 4:10 pm