Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

2012 Dandy Campers Meet ideas

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

2012 Dandy Campers Meet ideas Empty 2012 Dandy Campers Meet ideas

Post by Helen Wed 09 Nov 2011, 9:01 am

Time we started planning ahead, being a forum for primarily Dandy's none of us realised how fast the forum would grow and we didn't expect the response that we have had. We haven't planned events or activities at our meets up to now it's just been a chill out and do what you feel like, we mostly tootle off at our own leisure and sit around the rest of the time in a group having a laugh and a natter and basically just getting to know each other, we have had the odd bbq when the weather permitted and small campfires, we all got a take away one night because no one fancied cooking and when we found a site with a good food pub that's where we all ended up eating. We do plan to sit down to Christmas dinner together at the Christmas meet and all chip in with the cooking.

If anyone has a site they wish to put forward or any other ideas please put them here. Anyone can organise a meet we just all need a bit of notice to plan time for it, you don't have to do anything fancy - unless you want to, its your choice and we will fit in with anyone and give our full support. If you want to plan a small meet with a limited number feel free to do that or if you just want to put the name of a site down and we can all book independently that's good too.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

2012 Dandy Campers Meet ideas Empty Re: 2012 Dandy Campers Meet ideas

Post by mike Thu 10 Nov 2011, 6:03 am

Its easy to think its too soon for this but we are a third of the way through November,Christmas round the corner then a new season.As helen said we haven't organized games ect at our meets mainly because of the fact they are meets not rallies,if we organized rallies we would need a more complicated club type organization with committee and insurance which would lead to fund raising and then book keeping and the books would need to go to the tax office because they dont like you raising money and not telling them.
    This doesn't stop any one attending organising a spur of the moment fun session which i for one would fully support from the comfort of my relaxer chair Very Happy
    As for meet venues how about starting with areas first to see if we get any interest here is my list.

Norfolk
    Woodhall spa
    Yorkshire

The east coast as well Mablethorpe,Skegness,filey,

Dont forget although we are committed to staying mainly dandy focused (camping forums are plentiful)you can join us in any thing you want whilst looking for a dandy,or come with friends ect who have a dandy,or even a caravan if you can no longer manage a dandy(bit of protection for me there ime getting old Very Happy ) it may help you decide if you see dandys in use.

mike
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Thu 10 Nov 2011, 6:46 am

i'd love to go back to woodhall spa again and i rarely want to revisit somewhere, preferring to go somewhere new but woodhall spa was so lovely Smile

i also fancy yorkshire as there is so much history there (and i was born there too of course )

i quite fancy somewhere that does kayaking (or rather has the water that allows me to do it without using their boats with their instructors etc )

i'll have a think about any other ideas Smile
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 10 Nov 2011, 7:01 am

Eilis wrote:i'd love to go back to woodhall spa again and i rarely want to revisit somewhere, preferring to go somewhere new but woodhall spa was so lovely Smile

i also fancy yorkshire as there is so much history there (and i was born there too of course )

i quite fancy somewhere that does kayaking (or rather has the water that allows me to do it without using their boats with their instructors etc )

i'll have a think about any other ideas Smile

Must bring my wet suit then.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 10 Nov 2011, 8:52 am

I do like Wales, lots to see and do but I did also really enjoy Woodhall Spa and would like to go again. I think an early meet around Feb/March and we really have to sort Easter out.

My list

North Wales
    Woodhall Spa
    Yorkshire
    Derbyshire
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 15 Nov 2011, 5:55 pm

Norfolk
    Woodhall spa
    Yorkshire

The east coast as well Mablethorpe,Skegness,filey,

North Wales
    Woodhall Spa
    Yorkshire
    Derbyshire

We have two for wood hall three including Eilis and three for Yorkshire including Eilis
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Fri 25 Nov 2011, 6:04 pm

What kind of search area would you be interested in? Also, do we have some idea of dates etc?

Thanks

Lucie & Ben
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 25 Nov 2011, 6:06 pm

I am fine with any area Lucie, if its a bit father to travel we can always tag a day or two on.

Not sure of any dates so feel free to put some forward.
    bgarston
    bgarston

Post by bgarston Fri 25 Nov 2011, 6:25 pm

Hi, Would anyone be up for a meet before Easter? Say end of Feb / beginning of March....keen to use the Dandy all year round if poss. If yes we can start looking over the weekend.

Ben
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 25 Nov 2011, 6:31 pm

I would go then Very Happy The Dandy is coming out at Christmas but then its a long time until Easter. Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 25 Nov 2011, 6:34 pm

I would be interested depending on distance as i wont have any holidays left to extend it to a long weekend.

mike
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 27 Nov 2011, 5:49 pm

We should consider trying to find sites that offer electric as an option,for summer camping at least we must have a few members who prefer not to use it.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Mon 28 Nov 2011, 8:34 am

i thought they all did anyway? i didn't realise that on some sites it's not optional Embarassed
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 24 Dec 2011, 9:17 am

Woodhall Spa can we sort this for perhaps July again please we really want to go back and it would be lovely if we had company again. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 7:48 pm