Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Helen
mike
6 posters

For those who think its too soon

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

For those who think its too soon Empty For those who think its too soon

Post by mike Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:53 am

We are near enough a third of the way through January For those who think its too soon 2618919104
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

For those who think its too soon Empty Re: For those who think its too soon

Post by Helen Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:02 am

This weekend we are (weather permitting) going to get the Dandy out and give it a clean up inside and take stuff out that we don't really need, it went away wet last September so could probably do with an airing. The awning is another matter and can wait for a scrub until we have warmer weather, my dad has very conveniently widened his drive so we now have space to play with our Dandy properly.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:03 am

helen wrote:This weekend we are (weather permitting) going to get the Dandy out and give it a clean up inside and take stuff out that we don't really need, it went away wet last September so could probably do with an airing. The awning is another matter and can wait for a scrub until we have warmer weather, my dad has very conveniently widened his drive so we now have space to play with our Dandy properly.

Need to sort mine i would like the porch awning for the march meet
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:08 am

Think we may get a new travel cover made for the 6 i cant use undercover as i have too many problems with deliveries but the guy who does the odd jobs for me can make one its just the only colour he has that any where near suits me is orange,now i saw this colour at Christmas covering phoenix and i must admit i liked it,going for deeper sides so i can lay the under bed plastic storage containers under it with junk sorry essential camping gear in to leave a bit more space in the car.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:12 am

I like the orange Mike and it would go nice with the brown.

We would like to get ours raised but think it's more likely that it will be done for the June meet rather than the March one. Having found it so much easier since taking a lot of stuff out of the Dandy and having the roof box we have decided that we are going to stick to the 500 suspension.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:06 pm

Before our next trip away, I need to sort out the dodgy light wiring, Embarassed

Fix the 3 number plates on in an easily swap overable way.

Again copying Phoenix, we are going to make our sun canopy into a non peg outable one.

And of course we must replace the elastic on the cover so we don't take longer to put the cover on than it took to pack up. Rolling Eyes lol!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 11 Jan 2012, 11:31 pm

cazz wrote:Before our next trip away, I need to sort out the dodgy light wiring, Embarassed

Fix the 3 number plates on in an easily swap overable way.

Again copying Phoenix, we are going to make our sun canopy into a non peg outable one.

And of course we must replace the elastic on the cover so we don't take longer to put the cover on than it took to pack up. Rolling Eyes lol!

Sun Canopy? I thought it was a full blown awning?

Are your sides separate?
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 12 Jan 2012, 5:55 am

Tow Itch wrote:
    cazz wrote:Again copying Phoenix, we are going to make our sun canopy into a non peg outable one.

Sun Canopy? I thought it was a full blown awning?

Are your sides separate?

Hi kevin, yes it is and yes they are, the roof has 6 peg down ropes altogether.

We are going to pull the roof edges round the end roof poles and use strong magnets to hold them to the roof, that way we aren't altering the originality. If it fails I will delete this post, lol!
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Thu 12 Jan 2012, 7:39 am

one thing i would really love to do this year is get the sides on the awning zipped so that it's easier to manage the awning but can't find anywhere round here that would do it.

what kind of company does this so i can contact some round here if we have them and ask if they do it?

xx
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:49 am

Eilis wrote:one thing i would really love to do this year is get the sides on the awning zipped so that it's easier to manage the awning but can't find anywhere round here that would do it.

what kind of company does this so i can contact some round here if we have them and ask if they do it?

xx

Eilis

A bit of a thread on this subject running from page 2 of the "Going Round In Circles" topic in the alternative awning section.
    As with most things seems like there is more to it than you first see. Helen has some definite ideas.

As for who would do the work. Companies working with caravan awnings, tents or marquees would be a good first try. You might care to ask if they normally work with PVC.
    You could even try anyone who works with tarpaulins and covers. I think I remember a certain Welsh resident of Oldham waxing lyrical about a cover done for him by such a company and the fact they could do zips and other such things.
    It should be easy for me the universally acclaimed Tent Valeting service is only 5 miles away. Oh and Riva 10.
    If you get no joy the costly part of using a known company, say TVS would be the courier charges.
    If by any chance you know someone who uses courier services get them to send it for you. There is a massive difference on what they would charge you and charge them.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Thu 12 Jan 2012, 12:46 pm

Eilis wrote:one thing i would really love to do this year is get the sides on the awning zipped so that it's easier to manage the awning but can't find anywhere round here that would do it.

xx

Eilis,

We know of a firm near to us (we are not that far from you) that makes and repairs curtain sides for lorries. We know they have made trailer covers for a well known local Aston Martin garage. They did put a new window in a canopy off my Dads boat years ago. We are thinking of asking them about doing a job for us. We would be more than happy to ask them about doing your job for you too. Smile
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 12 Jan 2012, 8:39 pm

They have forecast a cold but dry weekend so first things first, the dandy cover is coming off and the trailer will get a good clean and polish and depending on how cold we may even give the bed legs a coat of hammerite. Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 14 Jan 2012, 12:49 pm

Just driven past our local park and the crocus are out,i must try to remember i have a camera on my phone Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 3:44 am