Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Bargain at Aldi

Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Bargain at Aldi Empty Bargain at Aldi

Post by Lol and Steve Wed 15 Jun 2011, 4:05 pm

Hi everyone,

We have just treated ourselves to a portable digital mini satellite system if anyone is interested.

It was £49.99 in Aldi and they are usually about £100, we have looked at them a few times thinking one would be ideal for when we are camping as sometimes we struggle to get a signal, so we couldn't leave it at that price.

lol!
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Bargain at Aldi Empty Re: Bargain at Aldi

Post by Eilis Wed 15 Jun 2011, 4:32 pm

i bought one of these too and the instructions are really bad, the thing we didn't know is that when you have found the satallite signal, remove the signal finder box from the loop or it'll just keep searching for a signal and won't show you a picture lol

really simple thing but not in the instructions and had us scratching our heads for ages
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 15 Jun 2011, 4:43 pm

Eilis wrote:i bought one of these too and the instructions are really bad, the thing we didn't know is that when you have found the satallite signal, remove the signal finder box from the loop or it'll just keep searching for a signal and won't show you a picture lol

really simple thing but not in the instructions and had us scratching our heads for ages

Read a post on another forum about this,it seems the finder can find signals that are no use to you,if i come across it i will post a link.

mike
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Wed 15 Jun 2011, 4:46 pm

thanks Mike

the instructions are really terrible as it doesn't have a pic of any of the parts but names them as though you know what they are on about lol lots of trial and error and we got things joined up but got totally cheesed off and opened the wine instead - much more relaxing Laughing
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Wed 15 Jun 2011, 4:49 pm

A beer does help with setting things up, for some reason we always break out the lager when we arrive anywhere in the dandy and we don't drink at home it's strange.
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:33 pm

Last time we went camping there was some guy who must have spent an hour playing with his sat finder all you could hear was bleeping etc,Vicky wanted to kill him lol!
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:45 pm

It will keep Steve occupied for a good while then, he can play with or kill the sat dish while i play in the dandy.

lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:52 pm

NickB wrote:Last time we went camping there was some guy who must have spent an hour playing with his sat finder all you could hear was bleeping etc,Vicky wanted to kill him lol!

Even worse for a poor guy the last time we where away,it was the royal wedding and his wife had agreed to go away so long as she could watch it,she didn't he was hours trying and gave up in the end.

mike
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:58 pm

So are they rubbish then, seriously should i take it back and get my money back, or does anyone know anyone who has had good service from them.

lol!
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Wed 15 Jun 2011, 6:00 pm

never got mine working but then again didn't try again after the first day as i found i would put on a dvd when i went to bed and fall asleep before it finished Smile

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 15 Jun 2011, 6:13 pm

Lol and Steve wrote:
    So are they rubbish then, seriously should i take it back and get my money back, or does anyone know anyone who has had good service from them.

lol!

Loads use them so they cant be rubbish after saying that we dont bother just have a dongle for the laptop and a boosted indoor Ariel which we put in the awning.

mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 5:47 am