Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Halfords cooler boxes.

Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Halfords cooler boxes. Empty Halfords cooler boxes.

Post by Lol and Steve Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:07 pm

If anyone is looking for an electric cooler box Halfords have got 30% off the price of them at the mo, although i don't know how long the offer is on for.

We have just bought a 40ltr one for £85 instead of £125, it only actually cost us £65 cos we had vouchers for £20 that we had had for ages. It plugs into your car or it plugs into the electric when you are using ehu.

We have had a cooler box from halfords for about 10 years before it has started to give up the ghost, so we thought we would buy from halfords again.

lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Halfords cooler boxes. Empty Re: Halfords cooler boxes.

Post by mike Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:20 pm

Lol and Steve wrote:
    If anyone is looking for an electric cooler box Halfords have got 30% off the price of them at the mo, although i don't know how long the offer is on for.

We have just bought a 40ltr one for £85 instead of £125, it only actually cost us £65 cos we had vouchers for £20 that we had had for ages. It plugs into your car or it plugs into the electric when you are using ehu.

We have had a cooler box from halfords for about 10 years before it has started to give up the ghost, so we thought we would buy from halfords again.

lol!

We have there 35lit one dont think its made now, you can use it stood on end as well as the chest way,its given good service even frozen the bacon and milk when we left it on all night.

mike

Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:28 pm

Yes that's the one we have but it's years and years old now and has given us plenty of good service but it's starting to conk out now, so we thought seeing as we had the vouchers we would treat ourselves to a new one, (of course the beer has to be cooled properly doesn't it.)

lol!
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:30 pm

i was dubious regarding coolboxes as i was concerned about the fan noise,so we bought a 2nd hand 3way fridge,but in the end it would have made no difference as the fridge is left in awning or under bed wing when camping so i wouldn't have heard anything anyway.I think coolboxes have a weight saving advantage over the 3ways,
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:40 pm

NickB wrote:i was dubious regarding coolboxes as i was concerned about the fan noise,so we bought a 2nd hand 3way fridge,but in the end it would have made no difference as the fridge is left in awning or under bed wing when camping so i wouldn't have heard anything anyway.I think coolboxes have a weight saving advantage over the 3ways,

No good for the three weeks its summer though Very Happy Seriously we have both and are glad we have the three way in the summer.

mike
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:40 pm

Yes Nick they are definately a lot lighter, that is why we went for another one plus the 3 ways are more expensive too, and as we have a built in fridge we only need it as an extra place for the beer etc. when i buy too much food and can't fit everything in.

They are also good for putting chocolate biscuits in so they don't melt in the heat.

lol!
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Wed 15 Jun 2011, 7:11 pm

Lol and Steve wrote:Yes Nick they are definately a lot lighter, that is why we went for another one plus the 3 ways are more expensive too, and as we have a built in fridge we only need it as an extra place for the beer etc. when i buy too much food and can't fit everything in.

They are also good for putting chocolate biscuits in so they don't melt in the heat.

lol!

well look at you with your posh built in fridge lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 6:31 am