well got out today and managed to get the front storage box off.
4 bolts , 2 rivets later and almost off. apart from the wiring that goes from the 12v 2pin socket into the dandy.
spent a little time taking the black electrical tape off the cables I realised that one of the previous owners had quite a large supply of it.
will need to replace the crocodile clips as they look like they were from the Titanic, happen to have some from a 12v inspection lamp thats knackered or I may get battery terminals fitted.
Took some pics as I have a bad memory as to where everything goes once I take it apart.
Still cant find the chassis number plate
Front box is sitting in the garage - Its the original one so looks like its fibreglass type material, so going to give it a rub down and then treat it to a coat or two of Plastikote.
the internal cage is a bit worse for wear - bit rusty and the rubberised coating is shot, so spent a good while removing it all - stanley knife slipped and went across my thumb, glad I had put my gloves back on after having my cuppa, and the fact i was using a semi dull blade saved me from a trip to A&E with my kids.
all of the rubber is off , however two of the struts are loose so need to come up with a solution to that issue before a blast with hammerite / plastikote spray. dont know how to weld and nobody I know can either.
decided that was enough for this afternoon as it was getting cold and damp.
Have a cunning plan that involves ply and some brackets for making a box to go into the plastic front box, this will be secured in place with the original bolts if long enough and should give a bit more strength to the box, I can then fit gas bottle bracket and possibly a battery transfer box along with some other little bits n bobs that wont fall out of the back.