Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Eilis
vickoir
Helen
7 posters

The Dandy bug has bitten again

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

The Dandy bug has bitten again Empty The Dandy bug has bitten again

Post by Helen Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:42 pm

Well the little orange Dandy has caused a dilemma, I bought it for my dad so he could tinker but he said he didn't want to Dandy as my mum prefers foreign holidays .................. the Dandy was then excess to requirements.

Daryl turns up last night and decides he wants the Dandy and wants to do it up for himself, Roxy and Mindi the dog, dad wanted to do it so Daryl says fair enough then I will keep it rather than it being sold on.

Dad has been playing with it today and now wants to keep it himself and mum has taken a shine to it too What a Face Up to now he has raided the greenhouse staging to build a frame to make a front box and the wire plastic coated shelving is going to make a cage Laughing

I now have another Dandy search on for Daryl but he won't be needing one for a while yet so there's no rush and we have no space to put another one until my dad has removed his back garden wall to put gates in so the Dandy can be stored at the back ......

yesterday morning no one else wanted one and because of this little orange one everyone does lol! they seem to prefer the small compact size of the Orange one and as it's sat next to ours you can really see the difference.
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

The Dandy bug has bitten again Empty Re: The Dandy bug has bitten again

Post by vickoir Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:48 pm

oh dear families eh lol!
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:51 pm

lol! men are so decisive aren't they flower
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 06 Feb 2012, 8:06 pm

Daryl doesn't mind too much, he is happy for my Dad to have this one and knows we will eventually find one for him too. He wouldn't have been using it much this year anyway and my pop has offered to do any work when we do find his Dandy.

We can have our own Dandy meet, with a 70's 4 an 80's discovery and a 90's designer, I think we will have to find Daryl a 60's one because my sister wants a newer dark blue and white one ........... we will have a collection then, one from each decade Laughing

Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Mon 06 Feb 2012, 8:46 pm

I would come to that meet ,just to see how Dandys have changed through the ages, so to speak....
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 06 Feb 2012, 8:59 pm

Helen wrote:Daryl doesn't mind too much, he is happy for my Dad to have this one and knows we will eventually find one for him too. He wouldn't have been using it much this year anyway and my pop has offered to do any work when we do find his Dandy.

We can have our own Dandy meet, with a 70's 4 an 80's discovery and a 90's designer, I think we will have to find Daryl a 60's one because my sister wants a newer dark blue and white one ........... we will have a collection then, one from each decade Laughing

lol! Is Kevin's green un for sale still? A four, with awning. I love you

At the Christmas meet, we had a Dandy from the each decade of the manufacturing years from the last century. Shocked
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:00 pm

I think there was a 60's 70's 80's and 90's at the Christmas Meet Essie. I must admit I am fascinated by the little orange one too, I can't understand why they changed certain things like the storm pole being removed or the fact that the older one has larger metal feet on the legs and our 90's one has plastic small ones that are inferior in comparison. Your always welcome to come to a meet and your Dandy is out there somewhere, we will keep hunting for it. Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:04 pm

I think Kevins Green un is a bit bigger than the orange one Cazz, I will speak to Daryl this week and see if it has to be as small ........ it would be easier to find one for him if he isn't too particular on size but it has to be vintage so either Green or Orange.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:04 pm

Not put it up for sale yet.
    Before doing the dreaded eBay I'm going to try for a good home with someone who does car shows.
    I'd like to see it done up properly.
    I've gone all soft about it.
    It is a four.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:05 pm

Helen, great minds think alike. Laughing
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:10 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Not put it up for sale yet.
    Before doing the dreaded eBay I'm going to try for a good home with someone who does car shows.
    I'd like to see it done up properly.
    I've gone all soft about it.
    It is a four.

I love you I know exactly what you mean about doing it properly, it is a lovely Dandy with excellent PVC, and would look perfect on a 60's car. I love you
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:14 pm

It would look great with a classic car Kevin but they only have a Renault clio.

They are in no hurry it's more a case of finding one for next year as they have already planned holidays for this year and both work most weekends so there is plenty of time, we already had this one so they would have kept it themselves but my pop changed his mind.

Dandy's do get you though, most of us get soft about them Laughing
    bgarston
    bgarston

Post by bgarston Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:19 pm

Helen wrote:Well the little orange Dandy has caused a dilemma, I bought it for my dad so he could tinker but he said he didn't want to Dandy as my mum prefers foreign holidays .................. the Dandy was then excess to requirements.

Daryl turns up last night and decides he wants the Dandy and wants to do it up for himself, Roxy and Mindi the dog, dad wanted to do it so Daryl says fair enough then I will keep it rather than it being sold on.

Dad has been playing with it today and now wants to keep it himself and mum has taken a shine to it too What a Face Up to now he has raided the greenhouse staging to build a frame to make a front box and the wire plastic coated shelving is going to make a cage Laughing

I now have another Dandy search on for Daryl but he won't be needing one for a while yet so there's no rush and we have no space to put another one until my dad has removed his back garden wall to put gates in so the Dandy can be stored at the back ......

yesterday morning no one else wanted one and because of this little orange one everyone does lol! they seem to prefer the small compact size of the Orange one and as it's sat next to ours you can really see the difference.

Ha, you couldn't make that up! How many Dandy's can you get on the drive before it gets excessive?

Ben
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:22 pm

bgarston wrote:Ha, you couldn't make that up! How many Dandy's can you get on the drive before it gets excessive?

Ben

Dandy's are like VW's. Laughing
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:24 pm

We measured Ben and there is just enough room for one more and if we can sort the garage out one more in there Laughing

The only problem is ours is at the back but hopefully my Dad will take his soon, he only lives a few doors away and has a bigger drive than us but my mum has put her foot down and said he has to work on it in the back garden ........... don't think she realised he would demolish her wall and raid the greenhouse to do it lol!

We need to get ours out soon and will have to take his off to get to ours.
    bgarston
    bgarston

Post by bgarston Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:36 pm

Helen wrote:We measured Ben and there is just enough room for one more and if we can sort the garage out one more in there Laughing

The only problem is ours is at the back but hopefully my Dad will take his soon, he only lives a few doors away and has a bigger drive than us but my mum has put her foot down and said he has to work on it in the back garden ........... don't think she realised he would demolish her wall and raid the greenhouse to do it lol!

We need to get ours out soon and will have to take his off to get to ours.

You've got to be in the running for the most Dandy's in a single street award.......can anyone better this!?

Ben :-)
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:44 pm

The daft thing is that we had ours years and had only ever seen one other on a camp site and one on a motorway, it's only recently that they seem to have become so popular. Laura had a very swish new tent, we told her to get a Dandy like ours but oh no she wanted something more modern. New tent leaked she returned it got a replacement but still got cold at nights so the tent went and she bought a Dandy instead. Smile
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:47 pm

Thank you Helen, Im sure its out there somewhere too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 2:01 am