Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

health warning

Caz1960
    Caz1960

health warning  Empty health warning

Post by Caz1960 Thu 08 Mar 2012, 11:41 pm

I am sure everyone knows but just in case.... I opened my 5 dandy just to take measurements and retrieve the awning from the storage so opened her up but didn't put the legs fully down because i was only going to be on the floor part so stood my full weight on the door step when she flipped up pale .... I just got my left foot down and managed to stop her completely capsizing how i don't know but it scared the sh** out of me affraid so i will not be so lazy again Embarassed
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

health warning  Empty Re: health warning

Post by Eilis Fri 09 Mar 2012, 7:02 am

that sounds really scary Caz, not sure i would have managed to right it again with it being so heavy so well done you xx
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 09 Mar 2012, 8:49 am

Would it help if you put something under the door step, we have a small leg to stabilise that fits directly under the door. Even if you put a small jack or something there it would help. You were lucky though and it's a warning for others, we have done things the lazy way before to move the Dandy to another pitch but didn't step into the dandy before the legs were down ......... just luck rather than good management and something I wouldn't have considered happening until now. Thank you for the warning, it's something many people wouldn't think about including us.

Pleased your alright and no damage was done, must have been a shock affraid
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 7:53 pm

It scared the living daylights out of me I managed to put my left leg back and held the top of the door and yelled for help but unfortunately my lovely neighbours we out it took me a while but managed to tip her back and thanks i will put a jack under the door step but I promise never to take a short cut again legs down now always also maybe loose a bit of weight health warning  1705467399

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 8:19 am