Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+5
jenstar
Tow Itch
Helen
vessey44
mike
9 posters

Are dandy sales slow

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Are dandy sales slow Empty Are dandy sales slow

Post by mike Wed 11 Apr 2012, 1:43 pm

May be just me but i get the feeling that dandys are not doing as well as other years,this could be the case with other makes as i dont watch them as closely,we have a had a good selection of dandys for sale and they dont seam to have reached the prices of other years,guess the economy is taking its toll,a good year to buy maybe but not to sell.

vessey44
    vessey44

Are dandy sales slow Empty Re: Are dandy sales slow

Post by vessey44 Wed 11 Apr 2012, 1:56 pm

Definately a good year to buy...I got a bargain designer Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 11 Apr 2012, 2:32 pm

They seem to bring better prices early on before the market is flooded with them as it has been recently, people see so many and expect a steady flow so don't pay as much thinking another will come along shortly ........ that can be a mistake as there aren't always lots of Dandys about.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 11 Apr 2012, 2:40 pm

I only joined in with this from last year but I agree prices have dropped.

Is it the economic climate?

Or is it just the numbers of Dandys that have been or are for sale this year?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 11 Apr 2012, 2:42 pm

Both could be related, people could be selling because they could do with some spare cash so there may be more for sale than usual because of this Sad
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Wed 11 Apr 2012, 3:22 pm

There do seem a lot on Ebay at the moment, you would think people would be turning to camping though if cash is short and you can pick up an older Dandy for the price of a large tent, I know which I would go for! I agree with you though Helen they were going for a better price a month ago when little was for sale but there do seem to be a flood of them now. Love ours cant wait to use it soon, still doing odd jobs on it at the mo.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 18 Apr 2012, 1:35 am

people don't have the DIY skills any more or the imagination of what can be accomplished, I realise some people would love to camp but have preconceptions or to higher expectations of what camping is all about... flower
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Wed 18 Apr 2012, 7:58 am

I think as cazz has already said that people have preconceptions or to higher expectations of what camping is all about.

And agree that with the economy in the past people have been to used to being able to book flights hotels etc away for sun, book big static caravans etc.
    all they do is turn up and do holiday stuff.
    Now that money is tight camping it the future Smile

I used to camp when I was a teen - an old centre front and rear + top pole canvas tent with inner and did the wild camping thing in Shetland.
    my Wife always said that if we bought the tent it would need to fit her coffin. then after one family camping weekend we bought one.
    kids love it and now we have the Dandy it means we just have to hook up and go away at weekends without having to worry.

people at my work have never been camping and say they never will but I think their kids are going to miss out.

Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sun 22 Apr 2012, 6:26 am

Totally agree naudoot. I'd HATE to think that my kids missed out on the camping experience. I never camped when I was a kid, but then again, I never went on hols when I was a kid lol.

We went to Beddgelert in North Wales at the start of April this year as our very 1st Dandy holiday, and it was a "Camping in the forest" site, with NO MOBILE reception what-so-ever. My eldest lad (13 years nearly) recently got a Blackberry, and he never has his face out of it. On the first day at Beddgelert he was gutted. But after his 2nd ever camping experience, he got over his lack of gadgetry, and TV, and THOROUGHLY enjoyed every last minute of it.(apart from the part where I got stressed and started cussing when packing away).

I hate to think of the poor kids who miss out on this experience, and sit in their bedrooms playing games that are well above their age limit, and stumbling into things they shouldn't whilst transfixed to the Tinternet. Get them out there. There are far too many trees that haven't been climbed, and far too many cow pats that haven't had sticks poked into them.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 22 Apr 2012, 7:08 am

I never had a holiday as a kid because my parents couldn't afford it but i grew up in a village so played the camping games every day tree climbing ect,i have been accused of being anti children because i try to use adult only sites for my camping,this isn't the case but i do live on a road with children playing noisily as they do in the evenings and weekends so i just like a child free environment for camping.
    After saying that i do like to see the kids on the meets and rally's i have been on over the years enjoying the freedom that camping brings and hopefully the seed will be sown so they want to take there children camping.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 22 Apr 2012, 7:19 am

Every time a post is on about children and camping i feel the need to clarify the situation for some reason lol! any meets put forward by the admin team will be open to all Laughing children, dogs and budgies Very Happy will be welcome,this does not stop any member organizing a different type of meet if the so choose.

mike
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Sun 22 Apr 2012, 8:45 am

mike wrote:Every time a post is on about children and camping i feel the need to clarify the situation for some reason lol! any meets put forward by the admin team will be open to all Laughing children, dogs and budgies Very Happy will be welcome,this does not stop any member organizing a different type of meet if the so choose.

mike

however this may be subject to change if you meet my kids lol!

thats the good thing about camping you can choose where you go and if you want a nice wee quiet local that has no children, no cars on site etc then you can have your holiday your way.

The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sun 22 Apr 2012, 10:35 am

mike wrote:Every time a post is on about children and camping i feel the need to clarify the situation for some reason lol! any meets put forward by the admin team will be open to all Laughing children, dogs and budgies Very Happy will be welcome,this does not stop any member organizing a different type of meet if the so choose.

mike

Can cats come too? Are dandy sales slow 1705467399
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 22 Apr 2012, 11:03 am

I have 2 siblings and as children

we climbed mountains - grassy hills bounce
    we explored deserts - tide had gone out Laughing
    and we heard wild animals in the night - something to do with the people in the next tent Embarassed

We had the best adventures together and the memories will last a lifetime, we also went abroad as kids but it didn't feed our imagination in the same way and the camping and caravanning memories outshine any other holidays we had as kids.

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:02 pm

Very Happy I am very proud to say that as a ex-scout leader I took Beavers 6-8yr old on family camps .Cubs 8-10yrs then the scouts and made sure they enjoyed their experience and fulfilled their imagination, even to this day as the Children then are now adults they stop me in the street and when chatting they always reminisce about the camping experiences oh yep ok mainly my miss haps Are dandy sales slow 1705467399

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 4:46 am