Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Dandy over kitchen Shelf

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dandy over kitchen Shelf Empty Dandy over kitchen Shelf

Post by Helen Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:12 am

Pictures of the Shelf in the Discovery, as you can see it just slides onto the brackets.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Dandy over kitchen Shelf Empty Re: Dandy over kitchen Shelf

Post by ShaunJUK Mon 30 Apr 2012, 12:18 pm

Looks good
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 02 May 2012, 2:04 pm

The brackets on the shelf are the same as the ones on the Dandy, but the other way up, they slot into each other. Dandy over kitchen Shelf 2170595768
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 02 May 2012, 5:18 pm

cazz wrote:The brackets on the shelf are the same as the ones on the Dandy, but the other way up, they slot into each other. Dandy over kitchen Shelf 2170595768

Bring me up to speed. The same as what brackets on a Dandy?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 02 May 2012, 5:20 pm

The same that have been added to the dandy wall as shown in the first picture Very Happy
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Wed 02 May 2012, 9:25 pm

I have a shelf for the delta, its brackets are the same as the awning brackets and hangs under the roof.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 05 May 2012, 7:45 am

Shauns new shelf ........ love the lights too, looks very cosy

ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Mon 07 May 2012, 1:51 pm

Helen wrote:Shauns new shelf ........ love the lights too, looks very cosy

Thanks for posting Helen

We are back now and the shelf makes a lot of difference and the lights I used are great, runs at the limit on my 12v though so need to find an adapter with more amps.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 07 May 2012, 4:46 pm

Thanks for posting Helen

We are back now and the shelf makes a lot of difference and the lights I used are great, runs at the limit on my 12v though so need to find an adapter with more amps.

The cheapest way to get a high amperage transformer is a high output battery charger. If you have a car boot sale nearby where you can check out electrical items you can get them for a steal. 8amp and 10 amp are common and you can get higher outputs than that.
    If you have a battery as well then you can use a transformer that only just or doesn't quite provide enough power for all your twelve volt appliances. Accepting that when the coolbox and lights are working power is drawn from the battery, but when the coolbox only is used the battery is re charged.

This sort of charger. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Looking at this charger it will boost charge to 50amp so would provide 10amp all day long.

I take it you intend to run EHU only? Halogens produce a nicer light than LEDs but the ability of LEDs to provide light with almost nil power consumption has opened up lots of off hookup camping options.
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Mon 07 May 2012, 4:56 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    Thanks for posting Helen

The cheapest way to get a high amperage transformer is a high output battery charger. If you have a car boot sale nearby where you can check out electrical items you can get them for a steal. 8amp and 10 amp are common and you can get higher outputs than that.
    If you have a battery as well then you can use a transformer that only just or doesn't quite provide enough power for all your twelve volt appliances. Accepting that when the coolbox and lights are working power is drawn from the battery, but when the coolbox only is used the battery is re charged.

This sort of charger. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Looking at this charger it will boost charge to 50amp so would provide 10amp all day long.

I take it you intend to run EHU only? Halogens produce a nicer light than LEDs but the ability of LEDs to provide light with almost nil power consumption has opened up lots of off hookup camping options.

I have a leisure battery aswell, so can I just hook up a charger and the 12v gear to the battery and let it do its work?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 07 May 2012, 6:33 pm

For example if you have a 6amp charger a 55watt coolbox, two 10 watt halogen lights and an 85amp hour battery.
    You arrive on site with a half charged battery at 5pm.
    So everything is pluged in but only the coolbox is on. So power in 12v X 6amp = 72watt. Power out 55watt nett gain 17watt about 11/2amp hour /per hour.
    So by 8pm you have an extra 4.5 amp hour in the battery.
    8pm the lights go on. Power in still 72watt Power out is now 55watt + lights 2x(10watt) = 75watt so the nett drain is 3watt = 1/4amp hour per hour.
    So even after 4 hours lights the battery still has 3.5 amp hour more than earlier in the afternoon.
    The above is (sort of) true if the balances are close. If you were running 3 or 4 X 20W halogens then you would hear the tone of the fan drop when you switched all the lights on. You would see a voltage drop on the voltmeter on the battery charger.
    Everything I've told you is sort of true, but there are lies. When you switch the transformer/charger on they run at about 13.5 volts so all the power in figures are slightly more but because the voltage is higher the consumption is more. Oh and an 85amp hour battery wont give you 85amp hours.
    If you had a charger that does a fast charge the 50amp charger shown above or even a 12amp charger. If you switch it to fast charge the voltage goes up to about 14.5v. Chills your coolbox a touch quicker the lights are brighter but you don't want to forget to switch it back because it will happily boil your battery. If you want to run Blackpool Illuminations off 12v a battery charger giving a permanent 12amp let alone 50amp will get warm if not HOT. It needs to be somewhere in a cooling breeze. All the above is about non intelligent (Dumb?) chargers. Intelligent chargers tend to be for much smaller charge rates and are purely for charging batteries.
    The battery is a great thing when running 12v. If you were to run 12v without the battery every time you switch lights on or off you would hear the tone of the cooler change. A 12v TV would flicker. The battery smooths all this out.
    One last question if your on an EHU all the time why so much stuff on 12v?
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Mon 07 May 2012, 7:58 pm

Erm so thats a yes then?

Tow Itch wrote:
    One last question if your on an EHU all the time why so much stuff on 12v?

The water pump and lighting came with the dandy and is 12v
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 07 May 2012, 8:09 pm

Well the lights you have just upgraded. The water pump uses close to bugger all and could have been run off a small battery pack.

If that's all your running then what is the worry with the transformer?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 4:51 pm